Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Steve Lawler@Space Review

Bling

Before I begin the review I would just like to say a few words.. I write these reviews not only because I enjoy writing them, but to give back in my own way to the dance community here on CP. I want to thank all of you cool people who came up to me at Space today (many who dont even post) to complement me on my reviews and call me a club legend.... ( its pretty cool even though i dont consider myself one, but thanks for all ur kind words)

The Review

So I leave my house pretty early even for me to go pick up the beautiful Lilly (fairydust) from CJ. i find her house no problem. LONG LIVE MAPQUEST!!! after a few technical difficulties ;) (actually i got lost and drove north instead of south LOL) we get to space. the second we walk in bam we are flooded by hip hop ugh

so i get my drink a long island iced tea and we just chill and talk. Off in the distance i see Quest4sunrise so we say hi. then the lovely miss carisa comes in all decked out with her space hat all ready for the patio.......

OSCAR G SEt

Oscar played a very good set. def had me dancing, lots of energy to start off the nite just right. The place was full all nite but never suffocating like when tiesto or pvd hits town. so I bump into eric, leo, levelistic, zero, turbo240, andrew,the ever beautiful jackie and sexy miriam. Thanks again Pod for the pic :) Great to see Tony as well as my club buddy the amazing and beautiful Patricia . very nice also bumping into shannon and nick junkie as well as sarah. Big shout out to Bruno as well

About this time eddy guerra makes an apperance and gets me a top shelf long island which had patron in it he said :) that one got me good... LMAO i was dizzy for a good 30 min feelin all happy and all :) good shit!!!!!

Lawler Main room set

I anticipated a lot for this set, considering hes my 3rd fav dj. his main room set disappointed me big time. I never got into it . very progressive not tribally really. Its like, Oscar brought the level up and at least to me lawler took it down a bit.....

Lawler went on around 2:20 and ended at 5 or so. He had his moments. some of which had me dancing on the platform, but they were too few and far btw in his main room set

Lawler Patio Set

Now this is steve lawler at its best. amazing. the set started off with some dark ambient stuff with thnder sounds. and then it got nasty from lots of great vocals to lawleresque tribal. it was def what i was waiting for all nite.

the crowd was eating it up... so much so that a girl decided to flash her boobs to the crowd. :) that got a rise out of me LMAO

the smoke was pumpin hard and it blinded me for a good min or so. then all of a sudden. the music stopped and LP comes out to wish lawler a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and everyone on the patio sings happy birthday...... Classic ... so funny to hear everyone sing....

everyone at this point was still shocked i was still there. i left around 735 or so. 8.5 hrs not bad .... but by no means my record .

had a blast with everyone as always. want to thank everyone once again for all the nice comments and birthday shoutouts.

wow...some of the finest electronic music to grace the patio...

gritty gitty synths all around...

if you don't like lawler there's something wrong with you

there's something wrong with me.. cuz personally.. I thought he sucked last night.. def. not the Lawler I saw before.. and def. not the Lawler I saw at the old Space.

Oscar stole the show.. opened great.. and kept the floor moving long long LONG after Lawler finished. Lawler didnt even reach Oscar's ankles last night.. boring BSPF and was killing me with all those vocals.. caught a little bit of his patio set.. nothing spectacular.. picked it up the last hr or so but that's about it.... WHERE WAS ROLAND WHEN I SO DESPERATELY NEEDED HIM?

unfortunately.. I'll be at one or two shows tops and Im done with Space. I get the creeps when I walk through that door. The people I know in there know I go to see them.. they know whats up.

there's something wrong with me.. cuz personally.. I thought he sucked last night.. def. not the Lawler I saw before.. and def. not the Lawler I saw at the old Space.

Oscar stole the show.. opened great.. and kept the floor moving long long LONG after Lawler finished. Lawler didnt even reach Oscar's ankles last night.. boring BSPF and was killing me with all those vocals.. caught a little bit of his patio set.. nothing spectacular.. picked it up the last hr or so but that's about it.... WHERE WAS ROLAND WHEN I SO DESPERATELY NEEDED HIM?

unfortunately.. I'll be at one or two shows tops and Im done with Space. I get the creeps when I walk through that door. The people I know in there know I go to see them.. they know whats up.

I am with ya dawg. :)

Nice review Bling!

Remember what I told you....FUCK THAT SHIT!!! :tongue:

My short review...

Oscar G : :bowdown: I can listen to OG anytime and not be disappointed!

Lawler : Had his moments, but I wasn't diggin what he was playing....Oh well...

Good to see ythe regulars and meeting some new faces from CJ.....

Peace!

Patio set from Lawler was simply "ok" in my opinion.......but it was much better than his mainroom set...The best part of the night/morning for me was when i walked back into the mainroom to cool off from the veryyyy hot patio around 8:15 am and found Oscar playin a fav track of mine---"Situation"--Kings Of Tribal-Rob drums remix! Great hangin with everyone, especially Miriam, Sobeton,Mursa, Bling,Pete and Steffy,Carissa,Digital7, the "other" Pete, and everyone i missed.....u guys rock :D

werd...i am there for Howells and Wink and thats about it.... :bowdown:

Lawler was surprisingly just boring. his mainroom set had a few good moments, otherwise is was just lacking any substance. his terrace set was just blah. OG was on fire, and brought the mainroom and the crowd back to life. Cue played a very impressive set on the terrace. the space dj’s stole the show from the headliner. that's pretty damn exciting, and more of reason why we should be supporting the talent ;we are lucky enough to have on a weekly basis.

Oscar's opening set was nothing short of GREAT!!! Lawler in side was zzzzzzzzzzz. Cues patio opening set was PERFECT, Lawlers patio set def redeemed him, Cues closing set was BRILLIANT!!!! I left at....well you dont really need to know that do you? The WTF moment of the night....when Lawler dropped the "Milkshake" track inside. I thought it was strange but I LOVE that track so I danced away!!! :D

BTW...once the patio opened up I never went back inside until the VERY end of Oscars set and he was TEARING it up!!! Thanks again, Dad!!! :laugh:

Fun night at Space and was great running into sooooo many people.You know who you are.

And damn...I actually made into the photos this time...TWICE!!! LOL! Thanks Pod!