Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It was cold, it was rainy, BUT PVD ROCKED!

Central Park was thumpin!

I just got in, a lot of familar tunes and familar faces even with the monsoon and sea of umbrellas everyone seemed to have fun!!!!

Anyone know the song he played right after Second Sun- Crush

It sounded like a new version of Sono- Keep Control

im just getting in to. so its starts to rain about 2 minutes before he hits the stage. i have never been that wet. it got to the point where, you jus didnt care anymore. pvd was better than he was last summer. my feet will be wet for a week. great night all in all.

ya had to be on a lot of drugs to keep warm in that rain!!!!

the weather forcast was so ambiguous... "it might rain"... yea okay it DOWNPOURED all night!!! i thought it would stop or let it up and it never did!! definitlely fun for about 2 hours until i c9uldnt feel my body anymore... i left around 8 even though i wanted to stay, it was just too cold for me!! i shoulda came more prepared but i didnt really think it was gonna rain.

i definitely had my shoes off and was running around dancing.. SUCH GOOD TRACK SELECTION!!!!!!!!!

overall, definitely worth going to, its just a shame it got so cold. but i had fun :)

psss i didnt recognize anyone there. boo.

IMO Spirit sucked. Track selection was mediocre. NO ROOM to move.

I'm not in the mood to write a long review but I can sum it up for you.

2 MANY SPECTATORS

and as for the old Twilo 'vibe' / marketing scheme. get real. spirit sucks.

"Let's get soaking wet!!!"

If you thought PVD was slipping think again. This had to one of his best sets in a while. It seemed as if the harder it rained, the better he played. And once the sun went down it was off. Track after track, just slamming.

Now can't wait to see him next week at Miami for the 4th of July Blast.

me and my co-workers arrived at 4:30 and got in around 4:45

chilled out (i'm a no-drugs person, so i was clean the whole night). Man let me tell you, i didn't need them drugs, but i don't blame anyone that did, cause this night was exhausting, amazing, and would blow away any real fan.

at around 5:50 the first lightning bolt came down

and i turned to my coworkers and said.. those are the footsteps of pvd comin to the stage. I told them that the instant he hits his first song, the rain would come down (jk of course w/ them)

Then on the dot, it came down super hard (my coworkers and i all had ponchos[mine was big and yellow], but they did little to help.)

As the night went on and the set got better and better, the rain kept comin. I was dancing by the umbrellas that were on the floor(not my umbrellas!) and that big yellow wire cover thing, and everywhere i danced, a puddle would develop, because the dirt underneath would sink everywhere.

I was having such a blast, and enjoying the rain streaming down my face, and then the lights came on, from then on the crowd was insane

The streaming lights looked like they had glitter and diamonds in them from the rain passing through them. PVD himself looked absolutely amazed by the visuals.

I only stopped dancing for about 10 minutes, when my friend and i went to the hamburger stand to get some eats. I was asked by one of the guys at the stand, how crazy we all were and how could we all even possibly be having a good time. To which i replied It's all about the music, the vive, the crowd, and that is all perfect tonight, the rain is just a nice bonus, because it's enhanced all those things tonight (at least that's how i felt)

Overall, i had the most amazing time. And can easily say, that this was my top experience ever in nyc for as long as i've lived here

although i already had tickets, some of my "loser" friends, decided not to go bc of the rain....and although i was debating at first, i m HAPPY that i decided to come!!

it was amazing, the energy, you could see the ppl who came there are not just true PVD fans, but generally came there for the music and dancing...not to impress anyone with the way they are dressed...or pick anyone up, like you see it a lot in clubs....

all in all GREAT time in the park,

but the after party was dissapointing - alot of ppl there looked like they were just "lost" too f'ed up on drugs, just stood there and didn't dance!

Ahhh wtf...

This sucks.. One of the girls we were going with said it was cancelled. We were waiting for the rain to stop (around 7ish), and it just kept pouring. Someone said it was cancelled, and I thought that was the end of it. I totally would have gone had that person not lied =(

WTF.. Last year was great.. I was so looking forward to this. Fuck me :ghey:

Oh my god.. bliss is the only way you can describe how amazing it was to dance in the rain. PVD put on one of his best shows in central park and got the crowd so excited. It was absolutely unbelievable. One of those nights when you just had to be there to understand.

Spirit was awesome, but it was really crowded and not really as much room to dance. The crowd went wild when he came on and at least where I was everyone was loving every second of it. He just kept on playing more and more until finally the sprit people had to pull the plug on him. All in all it was a night to remember for a long time. Cheers to pvd. :clap:

The Central Park show was simply great.

And I dare to say that it was the rain that made it truly remarkable.

The music was great...seen PvD about a dozen times and this one was one of his best sets. (track selection way better than the last year )

He was spinning some harder tunes for the last few hours and I just loved it.

The light/laser show was breathtaking - with the rain drops reflecting in the lights. (and I even wasn't on anything...)

Then they had those big balls – people just bouncing them – made me wanna play volleyball ;) but instead I just took my shoes off and danced the night away.

Rain just kept me comfortably cool as I was still breaking a sweat.

Kim and I were wondering how come no clubs come even close when it comes to laser shows...?. Why don’t they install all those fancy lights and lasers and let us have some nice visuals?

:laugh: those balls were deflated in about 20 minutes from bein pounded. to all those ppl there with umbrellas, ya wimps!!!!!!!!! i agree with the laser lights, the mix of rain and the lights was really nice. i had white sox on, shit was brown when i got home.

i gotta say i was kinda bummed when it started raining thinking it was just gonna be a hardcore pour for a few minutes or somethin but as with most of you guys it seems the rain never stopping added so much to the night. it got to a point where u just didnt give a fuck anymore and just fuckin let loose it was great. paul def ripped it up and i def think he will be remembering this night. as always pvd + nyc = an amazing combination.

should we start hoping for rain during armin now too? maybe a hail storm, or some snow.

This was taken from PVD's website. Even Paul had to express his feelings of what a great time Friday was.

New York - Friday 25th of June

Hello,I would like to thank each and everyone of you who attended Central Park Event on Friday evening and made this years event so very special.Heavy rain for 4 hours couldn't stop you - thousands of people kept dancing at Rumsey Play Field and creating an unbelievable vibe and atmosphere that the city has never seen before...New York - YOU ARE AMAZING!

Paul van Dyk

The streaming lights looked like they had glitter and diamonds in them from the rain passing through them. PVD himself looked absolutely amazed by the visuals.

Yes, it was very cool...the visuals were awessommme...the lasers looked great on the trees too! loved the balls...

"Everyone MUST dance in the rain at least once in their lifetime." -PCR :rock:

I'm sooo glad we took a cab to see if it was still on...as soon as the cab approached the park and we heard the bass, we were like, oh yeah, it's onnnn...jumped out and ran into the park.... I had on this big clear poncho at first and then had to rip it off and danced in the pouring rain. My shoes STILL stink from gettin soaked...lol...and they're all orange from the mud...

can't wait for AVB in the park!

-Bring It Onnnn

My New Balance got so dirty and wet that I just threw them away the next day (they were old anyhow)....Already got a new pair of sneakers....just so I can kill them at AvB :D

Shows like that want me make a trip around EU this year.

There are so many outdoor events in the UK and Prague, Zurich...some are in Spain.

No club can compare to an outdoor event.