Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any students here on CP?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh, good ol' NYU. Went there for undergrad. Mad expensive. Still payin it off, bunch of fuckers.

agent .. i used to teach in nyu continuing education sometime ago .. and i know what you mean .. and they charge people sooo much money man .. not right

what ever happend to education been free .. or nominal .. too much commercials/business in our lives .. sucks

peace

the MASK

Workin on my MA at Columbia, I recommend that everyone waits at least a year or 2 before going back to 2 school!!!

not bad advice bassboy . but it really depends on what you wana do ..

for example .. if your aim is teaching/research . then Ph.D .. one shot deal is good for you

if u r in some areas that require degree and lots of research .. e.g. phsychology .. advanced degrees are a must before even u start practicing

however .. if u r in areas that require practice and experience first .. e.g. Engineering, computer science, etc. . then u need to get a degree .. acquire experience . then go back to grad schools to advance, and aquire more knowledge . except now .. u will blend the practical experience with the new knowledge and make more sense out of it

that is .. IMHO (in my humble opinion)

peace

the MASK

I think regardless of what you are studying, the value of empirical experience on how you process info is vitally important. I think as an undergrad you don't need that, but as a grad student you need to consider what you are being taught relative to what you have seen/experienced, and find the truth that works for you somewhere in the middle.

As a guy w/ an MBA, I'm sure you didn't just swallow what they taught you in grad like in undergrad, but, rather, did (subconsciously or not) what I was trying to explain above.

That being said, I regret not pursuing an MBA. Congrats for you bro.

not bad advice bassboy . but it really depends on what you wana do ..

for example .. if your aim is teaching/research . then Ph.D .. one shot deal is good for you

if u r in some areas that require degree and lots of research .. e.g. phsychology .. advanced degrees are a must before even u start practicing

however .. if u r in areas that require practice and experience first .. e.g. Engineering, computer science, etc. . then u need to get a degree .. acquire experience . then go back to grad schools to advance, and aquire more knowledge . except now .. u will blend the practical experience with the new knowledge and make more sense out of it

that is .. IMHO (in my humble opinion)

peace

the MASK

cool . r u collecting majors or something . hehe . .kidding ..

u going to med school later?

peace

the MASK

Collecting majors.. lol.. you could say that.. ;)

Not sure what I wanna do yet.. so I'm leaving my options wide open.