Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Head .vs. Heart

lafemcaliente

im sure everyone has had this dilemma, when your head tells you to do one thing, and your heart another. can drive you crazy sometimes. more than likely your head will tell you to take the most logical course of action, while your heart tells you what feels best, and maybe theres no reason why it feels a certain way but it does. which do you ignore, which takes presidence? im torn, and there's no easy solution sometimes,

so what to do?

is it better to follow your head or your heart?

I have always gone with my heart.

It eventually turned out great.

Its tough at first always doing what ur heart tell you. Life is confusing. Just gotta figure out what is more important to u.

Tek

:werd:

Don't you need to use your head to figure out what your heart is telling you? Use more of your head and you lose feeling. Use more of your heart and you ended up losing the ability to be rational. A perfect combination of both is key! The mix is different for everyone. What's your mix?

im sure everyone has had this dilemma, when your head tells you to do one thing, and your heart another. can drive you crazy sometimes. more than likely your head will tell you to take the most logical course of action, while your heart tells you what feels best, and maybe theres no reason why it feels a certain way but it does. which do you ignore, which takes presidence? im torn, and there's no easy solution sometimes,

so what to do?

Funny you bring that up, I am experiencing something similar and I hate it. Everyone, including my head is telling me to handle a particular situation one way, while my heart is telling me to continue doing what I have been doing. It's such a tough dilemma, I have usually followed my heart, except on certain occassions when I trully knew better. I feel that if what your heart is telling you is making you happier/better/more satisfied - follow it. Life is so short that we have to learn to enjoy it more. I feel that worse case scenario you can always go back, not necessarily change the damage down (if any) but you always have other options - never feel that what you end up choosing will trap you or be final. Good luck in making your decision, hope it works out for the best!

so what to do?

ur heart is usually telling u what u really want. sometimes ur head can reason u out of something that u really want, even if its not the wise choice. in the end, if u follow ur heart, then it will be the right decision. its better to go after something u want and maybe fail than never even try.

my head (both actually) has led me to do things that werent really in my heart. i wish i could get some of those things back

yea, its one of those things that doesnt need to be done.. its more of a judgement call as to whether i should stick my neck out and take a risk, and make something happen or not. worst that can happen will be pain, but pain goes away... wondering 'what if' doesnt.

there's a certain someone that i used to date, and there's still ridiculous amounts of feeling felt, and im wondering if i should make it known or keep it to myself. im thinking if i dont make the effort to say something or hint soon then i may never get a chance to later. so its either say something and chance getting hurt, or not do anything and always have this in the back of my head...

neither one seems very appealing to be honest, ugh

there's a certain someone that i used to date, and there's still ridiculous amounts of feeling felt, and im wondering if i should make it known or keep it to myself. im thinking if i dont make the effort to say something or hint soon then i may never get a chance to later. so its either say something and chance getting hurt, or not do anything and always have this in the back of my head...

neither one seems very appealing to be honest, ugh

If neither are appealing then why are you even debating the issue?

no both ways arent appealing at all. the best advice i can give is something that was said to me when i was in this same situation: "if u love someone enough, let them go. if its meant to be, they will come back"

u should tell this person how u feel, to see if the feeling is mutual. but dont go in expecting anything. if it doesnt work out how u want it to, then just let it go. dont let it bother u. just think of that quote above and live ur life. there are other ppl out there, and when it seems like uve lost the most amazing person, u have to understand it is possible to feel that way about someone else. sometimes u find that someone in the least expected places possible

:itsok:

no both ways arent appealing at all. the best advice i can give is something that was said to me when i was in this same situation: "if u love someone enough, let them go. if its meant to be, they will come back"

u should tell this person how u feel, to see if the feeling is mutual. but dont go in expecting anything. if it doesnt work out how u want it to, then just let it go. dont let it bother u. just think of that quote above and live ur life. there are other ppl out there, and when it seems like uve lost the most amazing person, u have to understand it is possible to feel that way about someone else. sometimes u find that someone in the least expected places possible

:itsok:

nah you're dead on. i wasnt going to say anything at all, i was going by that theory thusfar... i was waiting to see if he came back to me. but its been a while and im starting to wonder if i should just see myself and try and move on or leave it be... and it really sucks letting him go completely, but its like if i dont ever try i'll kick myself the rest of my life. but you're right in the fact that if its possible to feel that way about one person, it could happen again.

we'll see, it all comes down to whether i really have the guts to do it in the first place i think..

nah you're dead on. i wasnt going to say anything at all, i was going by that theory thusfar... i was waiting to see if he came back to me. but its been a while and im starting to wonder if i should just see myself and try and move on or leave it be... and it really sucks letting him go completely, but its like if i dont ever try i'll kick myself the rest of my life. but you're right in the fact that if its possible to feel that way about one person, it could happen again.

we'll see, it all comes down to whether i really have the guts to do it in the first place i think..

do it, if it doesn't work out in your favor, you can always come back here and bitch about it!!!!!!!

(although i am not one to talk, i did (or did NOT do actually) something recently that had me wishing i had just had the balls to go for it. i used to have balls, i gotta get em back!!!! (no hermaphrodite jokes please ;) )

well dont make a rash decision. make sure u think it thru and do what u really believe will make u the happiest. whatever u end up doing i wish u the best of luck