Clubplanet Nightlife Community

guys get screwed

jtk4

Why is it in almost every religion when you get engaged you give a ring. What a crock of shit, the girl gets the ring, that just happens to cost the same as the 42" lcd hdtv TV i want, and guys get shit. Really can we stop this or atleast let the guy get something.

sorry had to vent

.....i would have no problem chipping in for my ring ......seriously...i know what i want...and if he can't afford it.....well ...i'm gonna have to help out.....

....i don't see it as like...his claim on you....more like a universal sign of you being unavailable....and well that sign happens to be jewelery ...and well...i happen to not want a piece of crap.....so i see nothing wrong with both people working together towards a common goal...in this case...my obnoxiously large diamond.....

..i think i am getting off topic...i just can't help it...i LOVE diamonds...and i love jewelery ...and settings etc...so i get excited lol.......

.....i would have no problem chipping in for my ring ......seriously...i know what i want...and if he can't afford it.....well ...i'm gonna have to help out.....

....i don't see it as like...his claim on you....more like a universal sign of you being unavailable....and well that sign happens to be jewelery ...and well...i happen to not want a piece of crap.....so i see nothing wrong with both people working together towards a common goal...in this case...my obnoxiously large diamond.....

..i think i am getting off topic...i just can't help it...i LOVE diamonds...and i love jewelery ...and settings etc...so i get excited lol.......

there is NO WAY i am chipping in for my ring

and i absolutelly LOVE diamonds :heart:

however, i already told myself that after i get an engagement ring, that my fiance would get an engagement gift, tailored to what he loves to do. It's only fair since my ring would be expensive.

...yea but say your fiance can afford nothing more than a diamond chip lol........and u had enough money to buy the ring u loved ....and like wasnt a surprise....would u rather have a ring u both picked out and love ....or something small just to follow tradition.....

...it's like if a girl proposes?.....what happens then lol.....it's not even like ..."WILL U MARRY ME"...it's like.."HEY...ya wanna buy me a ring!?"..

...don't get me wrong....tradition is cool...he can totally surprise me.....pay for it all....just saying....i really would not have any problem helping pay for my ring.....if iot was an issue.....

...yea but say your fiance can afford nothing more than a diamond chip lol........and u had enough money to buy the ring u loved ....and like wasnt a surprise....would u rather have a ring u both picked out and love ....or something small just to follow tradition.....

...it's like if a girl proposes?.....what happens then lol.....it's not even like ..."WILL U MARRY ME"...it's like.."HEY...ya wanna buy me a ring!?"..

...don't get me wrong....tradition is cool...he can totally surprise me.....pay for it all....just saying....i really would not have any problem helping pay for my ring.....if iot was an issue.....

you do have a point

however

some guys already know the ring without having the girl right there.

i.e., if my bf and i were to get engaged, he knows the exact ring from him and i walking past a jewelry store, me grabbing his arm and me screaming DIAMONDS!! as i yank him to the display.

the way i look at it, the guy shouldnt propose, and the woman shouldnt accept until both are on somewhat stable ground financially. besides, there are ways to buy a ring and not pay all of it at once :bounce::tongue:

Diamonds are so plentifull they should cost a 10th of what they do now. Fuckin blows when 1 company owns 90% of the mines. They only mine enough to keep the price high.

And who the fuck came up with 3 months salary, what world do they live in.

Why is it in almost every religion when you get engaged you give a ring. What a crock of shit, the girl gets the ring, that just happens to cost the same as the 42" lcd hdtv TV i want, and guys get shit. Really can we stop this or atleast let the guy get something.

sorry had to vent

The guy is lucky enough to have me cook, clean, do laundry, and spend their money (if they have any) for them.....

You'll get the tv when I get the Escalade!

:love:

The guy is lucky enough to have me cook, clean, do laundry, and spend their money (if they have any) for them.....

You'll get the tv when I get the Escalade!

:love:

...GM discount baby.....escalade comin right up!......and w/ you the tv wouldnt just be for me........:)

I dated this cunt for a little more than a month once and she told me that it was customary for guys to buy an engagement ring that was 20% of their salary. Not only did I laugh in her face, but I also rethought my game plan with this "genuine girl" and kicked her ass to the curb a couple days later. I could probably see this "custom" for guys that made $30k or less each year.

On a side note, I don't really dig this ring bullshit anyway. Why is it that I have to pay for something "as a sign of my love/dedication?" It just makes the marriage or engagement lose value in my opinion. Additionally, why do I have to pay for something (marriage) when she is going to be the one with the opportunity to stay home, etc. while I bust my ass? Damn I am all worked up now so I am running to the gym...

I dated this cunt for a little more than a month once and she told me that it was customary for guys to buy an engagement ring that was 20% of their salary. Not only did I laugh in her face, but I also rethought my game plan with this "genuine girl" and kicked her ass to the curb a couple days later. I could probably see this "custom" for guys that made $30k or less each year.

On a side note, I don't really dig this ring bullshit anyway. Why is it that I have to pay for something "as a sign of my love/dedication?" It just makes the marriage or engagement lose value in my opinion. Additionally, why do I have to pay for something (marriage) when she is going to be the one with the opportunity to stay home, etc. while I bust my ass? Damn I am all worked up now so I am running to the gym...

...nope....no bitterness here.......have a good work out mr type A.....:)

sorry had to vent

i could go on and on about that one all night. another thing is how fathers get fucked in custody proceedings, the courts assume way to often that the mother is the best choice.

...let's not take sides folks....there's enough shitty things on both sides....custody laws are definitely maternally geared.....and rape laws are not strong enough and usu do not carry enough punishment to those that break them......and what about the tradition of dowry?......most couples i know dont get a dowry but have the bride's family pay for the wedding.......we could find so much on either side....let's just say that if it irks you that much, dont follow the tradition.....and if you do and things dont work out - go get the fucking ring back!.....

...nope....no bitterness here.......have a good work out mr type A.....:)

:laugh::laugh: Ahah... the workout did me good. Much better now, sleepy time soon.

Yeah guys get fucked in custody/childcare proceedings... actually, let me say most of the good guys get fucked. As for the bad guys (by that I mean dead beat dads that have like five kids from five different moms... they get away with everything usually. Gotta love the legal system...

sorry had to vent

men used to receive hopechests and dawries (sp?!) in the past conveniently for women this tradition has died off, but the ring thing lives on.... hrrrrm~! if only i could rewrite herstory and make it so that women pay for everything... life would be awesome... think about it, women should pay for all the dates, since down the road they will get married and the husband will then take on the lionshare of payments and debt, and support a family... its only fair and logical that a woman should have to pay...