Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2 weddings and 11 years later

lilliz77

I was going to post this in the Sex forum but this has NOTHING to do with sex, just something strange that just happened.

I will try and put this in cliffs notes version

I was 15 years old at my Brother and Sister-in-law's wedding. My Sister-in-law's cousin, who was 24 and really good looking btw, notices me and starts to talk and take interest in me. We dance, but that's it....anything else would be ILLEGAL! Anyway, a year later my Sister-in-Law's sister has a wedding and guess who was there? Yep, him 25 and me 16. We dance again, I really liked him and he again was interested in me. Again NOTHING else but dancing happened as it went no further than the 2 weddings. I thought about him a little after that and even talked about him with my Sister-in-Law and her mom but nothing came out of it.

Now 11 years later, him 36 and me 27. I get a call from my mom on Sunday saying that he asked my sister-in-law's mother how I was and if there was a way he could get in contact with me. Now mind you, I have not spoken nor thought of this guy within the last 11 years. He all of a sudden asks if he could contact me. I am speechless. I haven't heard from him yet, he just got my number on Sunday, but I am wondering if there is something wrong with him or if I should just be flattered. I guess once I talk to him (if he calls) we'll have to see.

I had to share this because this shit NEVER happens to me.

What do you guys think?

I was going to post this in the Sex forum but this has NOTHING to do with sex, just something strange that just happened.

I was 15 years old at my Brother and Sister-in-law's wedding. My Sister-in-law's cousin, who was 24 and really good looking btw, notices me and starts to talk and take interest in me. We dance, but that's it....anything else would be ILLEGAL! Anyway, a year later my Sister-in-Law's sister has a wedding and guess who was there? Yep, him 25 and me 16. We dance again, I really liked him and he again was interested in me. Again NOTHING else but dancing happened as it went no further than the 2 weddings. I thought about him a little after that and even talked about him with my Sister-in-Law and her mom but nothing came out of it.

Now 11 years later, him 36 and me 27. I get a call from my mom on Sunday saying that he asked my sister-in-law's mother how I was and if there was a way he could get in contact with me. Now mind you, I have not spoken nor thought of this guy within the last 11 years. He all of a sudden asks if he could contact me. I am speechless. I haven't heard from him yet, he just got my number on Sunday, but I am wondering if there is something wrong with him or if I should just be flattered. I guess once I talk to him (if he calls) we'll have to see.

What do you guys think?

Now... why does this have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with sex? finger_046.gif

What do you guys think?

That's cute. I think he's gong to call you. Why else would he ask about you and for your #. And I also think he was always interested but never did anything about it, well, because it would have been ILLEGAL... But we all know how guys can be, If they say they are going to call you, expect the call in a week. Just wait it out, I think it's going to be a good turn out..... BTW, Hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted.... :biggrin:

That's cute. I think he's gong to call you. Why else would he ask about you and for your #. And I also think he was always interested but never did anything about it, well, because it would have been ILLEGAL... But we all know how guys can be, If they say they are going to call you, expect the call in a week. Just wait it out, I think it's going to be a good turn out..... BTW, Hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted.... :biggrin:

Thanks Dr. Ruth! :D

Hmmm... I do think it is kind of strange that he waited 11 years, rather than just the 2 or 3 needed for you to become 18.

Secondly, I'm not sure how big a deal the 11 year age difference is, but understand that he is likely to be in a way different place in his life than you are in yours. At 26, you are just now coming into your own. You've been an adult for a few years and are getting the hang of it, but you still have a lot of youthful energy and wildness, most likely.

Now, unless he is an extremely unusual 36 year old, he is getting pretty mature and starting to settle down. Is he likely to want to go out and party as much as you do? Probably not. He is probably going to be more concerned about things like paying the mortgage. If he has not matured like that, then that probably means he is very immature for his age. He has arrested development. Which likely means that as *you* mature into a 36-year-old in the next 10 years, he will *not* mature into a 47-year-old, but will just stay the same immature 25 year old he always has been.

Of course, that is just the most likely possibility. However, there is also a possibility that you two were made for each other and will be very happy together. Is it worth the risk? I'd say absolutely! What can a few dates hurt? Just be aware of the issues.

What do you guys think?

If he invites you out on a date, show up on a wedding dress...he'll never forget that! :half:

With all due respect, I don't know you nor anything but I seriously think you should get a life...

Oh BTW this post should've been posted in the drama board!

...lol.... This post is probably one of the more interesting posts in a while here in the Miami Board ...nothing wrong with it what-s0-ever .

where's the Drama on her post ? Why does she need to get a life ?

...you might have a chip on your shoulder . :)

...lol.... This post is probably one of the more interesting posts in a while here in the Miami Board ...nothing wrong with it what-s0-ever .

where's the Drama on her post ? Why does she need to get a life ?

...you might have a chip on your shoulder . :)

My thoughts:

Why is he still single (he could not be you know!?)

Why the sudden interest again?

As Coach advised - age DOES matter - he's already snorted, drank & popped all the pills he could, (he may just wanna jack your stash when you show it to him!) :laugh2:

AND you dont know what he looks like now....he may not be this young lookin' hunk that you have embedded in your mind, so dont be taken aback when you see each other again!

That'll be $135 please. No Personal checks are allowed or money orders!

:hoparound

My thoughts:

Why is he still single (he could not be you know!?)

Why the sudden interest again?

As Coach advised - age DOES matter - he's already snorted, drank & popped all the pills he could, (he may just wanna jack your stash when you show it to him!) :laugh2:

AND you dont know what he looks like now....he may not be this young lookin' hunk that you have embedded in your mind, so dont be taken aback when you see each other again!

That'll be $135 please. No Personal checks are allowed or money orders!

:hoparound

yea, understandable .........but what does that have to do with LIL LIZ needing a life ?

yea, understandable .........but what does that have to do with LIL LIZ needing a life ?

She can have a life dude.

She inquired on our thoughts about it because we're not in her shoes,

and may have a better perspective than she does.

So whether joking or not we let her have it, and she can make her own judgement.

Here's the end of Perspectives Lesson 101 Mursa-san! :hoparound