Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Tiesto Makes Music History!! NIZE....

stogiey2k2

Tiesto to perform at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games in Athens, Greece

ΘΑ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΗΣΕΙ ΔΕΛΤΙΟ ΣΤΑ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΑ FROM THE OLYMPIC NEWS SYSTEM

Tiesto, twice voted the #1 DJ in the world by DJ Magazine, will make Olympic history on Friday, August 13, when he becomes the first DJ ever to perform in an Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games. Some 4 billion people will be watching the Opening Ceremony of the 28th Olympiad and experience Tiesto performing a 90 minute live DJ set at the Olympic Stadium in Athens.

No DJ has ever performed at the Olympic games.

:bounce::bounce::beer::bowdown:

The Opening Ceremony will be televised on NBC at 8pm EST. Having a dj perform at the Olympics is a disgrace to the athletes of EVERY nation!!! It doesn't matter who it is.... even if it was some underground dj, it would still be a disgrace!!! I'm appalled that they have decided to do this instead of calling on the talents of the Athens Philharmonic or any ensemble or even folk music. I mean c'mon you stupid fucks! My country has been in existence for more than 2000 years! Do we need some fucking lame ass Dutch dj to add insult to injury???

The Opening Ceremony will be televised on NBC at 8pm EST. Having a dj perform at the Olympics is a disgrace to the athletes of EVERY nation!!! It doesn't matter who it is.... even if it was some underground dj, it would still be a disgrace!!! I'm appalled that they have decided to do this instead of calling on the talents of the Athens Philharmonic or any ensemble or even folk music. I mean c'mon you stupid fucks! My country has been in existence for more than 2000 years! Do we need some fucking lame ass Dutch dj to add insult to injury???

I give you the words of GOD.....

contrary to what phillipio thinks....i guess trance must be big in greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

:cool:

phillipio u dissapoint me.......electronic music is a global phenomenon that is enjoyed my millions of people!!!!!!!!!!!!! whos to say that there wont be another performance by the philharmonic.....just cuz a d.j. is spinning doesnt meant that, that is the only form of musical entertainment that will be there....they do have several different acts!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon phil.....i know u say things to get attention here, but sometimes u try to seem smarter thanurself, and ur pretty smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phillipio u dissapoint me.......electronic music is a global phenomenon that is enjoyed my millions of people!!!!!!!!!!!!! whos to say that there wont be another performance by the philharmonic.....just cuz a d.j. is spinning doesnt meant that, that is the only form of musical entertainment that will be there....they do have several different acts!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon phil.....i know u say things to get attention here, but sometimes u try to seem smarter thanurself, and ur pretty smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that EDM is slowly becoming a global phenomenon and Europe is at the forefront (EDM is pretty much the mainstream scene there). And normnally, I am a BIG advocate of the EDM scene, albeit the "underground" component of it. BUT... in this instance, I am strongly objecting because it is entirely IRRELEVANT to the spirit, history and ideology of the Olympic Games. I don't want to come across as being conceited, but having lived in the country that gave birth to the Olympic Games, I feel that I have a well rooted image of the ideology of our people... :D

:gang::hat:

dude, u r such an as$..*#e... im sorry! lol

ur credibility just droped to minus 0 hahaha

no matter what!!

The fact that an edm artist is up for such an honorable performance should be good news for anyone who appreciates this music/industry... after all it was the greek olympic planning organizatins and the greeks who know whats up in the scene who came up w the idea and actually executed on bringing the world's most popular dj to give ambience to the display of athletes and nations from all corners of the world....

if u r someone who appreciates diversity and internationality, u should pls try and take ur head out of ur ass for a minute there... you're starting to sound like saleen bro...

just a coment from a friendly, fellow cp'er.

Have a nice day!! :)

Peace!

mp3.-:smoke:

i do believe that it was a bad choice to have tiesto take the place of cultural bands and musicians.

after all the olympics is ceramony is suposed to be cultural not about some fuckin new wave future edm dj

did u even watch the opening ceremony broadcast?

if u did, u would've noticed that during the actual cultural events, for the parade of historical menanig and the whole theme of the event, where they showed all the story of relevance to the olympics and the games and the greeks etc etc etc, there was music specifically for that show;

but when the athletes started marching, then you could hear some energetic dance music tracks in the background cheering the audience and athletes alike.. at least those who knew what was happening.. chnaces are they could've had the backstreet boys and crowds would cheer for their teams anyways.

the point here is that the world's most popular dj (notice my referene to popularity-- not ranking, skill level etc.) performed for the most diverse group of athletes and over Xbillion ppl watching on tv...

that, in my book, is one hell of an accomplishment for edm.... no matter what ur most favorite sub-genre is...

but again, to each his own...

Peace!

.-:smoke:

You know what I think? I think just the fact that it was Tiesto and not someone else (another EDM DJ) didn't play is why some people are mad. It's like with everything else in life, you can't please everyone!

Exactly Good Point.....I think the energy from the music when each country would walk out was pretty cool.......... :bounce:

I agree that EDM is slowly becoming a global phenomenon and Europe is at the forefront (EDM is pretty much the mainstream scene there). And normnally, I am a BIG advocate of the EDM scene, albeit the "underground" component of it. BUT... in this instance, I am strongly objecting because it is entirely IRRELEVANT to the spirit, history and ideology of the Olympic Games. I don't want to come across as being conceited, but having lived in the country that gave birth to the Olympic Games, I feel that I have a well rooted image of the ideology of our people... :D

It's irrelevant who they choose to reprsent EDM, as long as they don't play the cheesiest music I ever heard, also known as the opening ceremony music for the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

It's only natural that they would automatcially pick the number 1 DJ in the world, and only in europe would EDM be accepted as decent music. Our country is far more backwards when it comes to appreciating good music, in many genres. I had friends over that night so I didn't see much, but I was pleased to hear a techno DJ had a place to be heard by millions and on network television broadcasted all over our country! Dance music can be JUST as substantial as Beethoven or Bach, and deserves the same respect and PR.

ummm shush please :D

:love:

uuuum. I'm sorry I forgot to call you..my phone sits in my briefcase on the weekends, in my bedroom, and my house phone I ignore. Just show up, tell the door guy to piss off, and come upstairs..forreals :D Am I forgiven? :D

Of course I would have rather seen ZABIELA up there, but do I need to say that? Everyone here knows I'm straight up progressive breaks/ electroclash/drumn'bass/ambient/etcetcetcanythingBUTtranceunlessitsUnionJack

:P

All in all, it's better than that GHEY music in 2002

I actually saw the opening ceremony only because I found out Tiesto was going to dj part of the opening ceremonies.

The fact is Greece never disgraced anything as far as the history of the Olympics I found that the melded together the past and the present. The whole section where they had the face open up and the guy walking on the cube (cubeman) not to mention the person in the blue suit playing Eros flying through Time showing the History of Greece and the Olympics was phenominal I loved it. That part had the classical music playing it was a brilliant performance

Greece showed the world that after 2000 years or so they know what it's all about, with its Forward thinking on their part to have had a DJ spin EDM, a now Worldly concept. We can argue til the cows come home as to the choice they made to DJ at the opening Ceremonies BUT Damn think about it broadcasted throughout the WORLD the upbeat sounds of EDM.

In fact it fit the situation. If you looked at the landscape of Greece you can see how the country embraces both its past and now its future. Look at that stadium That's pure 21st Century baby and what better way to represent the future Greece than to have EDM playing as part NOT ALL but PART of the Ceremonies!!

I didn't see any conflict with the past nor the present Greece in this performance. I found a link to it all. Great opening ceremony. Great performances by all who were involved. One of the best IF NOT the BEST opening Ceremony I've seen in the Olympics in a LONG ass Time!!!

Peace,

I actually saw the opening ceremony only because I found out Tiesto was going to dj part of the opening ceremonies.

The fact is Greece never disgraced anything as far as the history of the Olympics I found that the melded together the past and the present. The whole section where they had the face open up and the guy walking on the cube (cubeman) not to mention the person in the blue suit playing Eros flying through Time showing the History of Greece and the Olympics was phenominal I loved it. That part had the classical music playing it was a brilliant performance

Greece showed the world that after 2000 years or so they know what it's all about, with its Forward thinking on their part to have had a DJ spin EDM, a now Worldly concept. We can argue til the cows come home as to the choice they made to DJ at the opening Ceremonies BUT Damn think about it broadcasted throughout the WORLD the upbeat sounds of EDM.

In fact it fit the situation. If you looked at the landscape of Greece you can see how the country embraces both its past and now its future. Look at that stadium That's pure 21st Century baby and what better way to represent the future Greece than to have EDM playing as part NOT ALL but PART of the Ceremonies!!

I didn't see any conflict with the past nor the present Greece in this performance. I found a link to it all. Great opening ceremony. Great performances by all who were involved. One of the best IF NOT the BEST opening Ceremony I've seen in the Olympics in a LONG ass Time!!!

Peace,

Whatever...he still looks like a bright red tomato :biggrin:

but when the athletes started marching, then you could hear some energetic dance music tracks in the background cheering the audience and athletes alike.. at least those who knew what was happening.. chnaces are they could've had the backstreet boys and crowds would cheer for their teams anyways.

the point here is that the world's most popular dj (notice my referene to popularity-- not ranking, skill level etc.) performed for the most diverse group of athletes and over Xbillion ppl watching on tv...

I watched the whole ceremony and admittedly, I spoke too soon. I knew that Tiesto would only be performing during the parade of nations. For the most part, he kept it respectable. I thought it would just be an all aout trance frenzy with the athletes going nuts with glowsticks and stuff. I couldn't really tell if he was actually doing any mixing (it was very difficult to hear it in the background of the sports announcers' voices). There was one point where it sounded a bit louder and quite cheesey but luckily, all the focus of that part of the ceremony was on the athletes... It was a good opening ceremony but not the best one I've seen (I think I liked Barcelona's and Sydney's better).

:D