Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The truth about Nocturnal...

housekat

Someone please tell us the deal. will this place ever open? i keep hearing yes, no, this date, oop's soory, how bout this date, it will never open, they spent like 10million bucks on the place & are out of $$$, it's turning into a Home Depot (that would actually be cool). WHAT IS THE DEAL!!! give us the straight dope please. :splat:

It is already open, they just don't want you to know about it.

Actually, making a Quality club takes time. Thats why so many clubs all over the country open and close within a year. A club is not a field if dreams " If you build it, they will come" . Looks at the successful clubs in Miami, Qaulity over quanity.

When Dade is ready to open Nocturnal, Stryke, Edgar V, and the other residents will blow the roof off. :bounce:

Just be ready for an Aquabooty MASSIVE party with Miguel Migs & Lisa Shaw on Nocturnal's patio. :D

Not happening... that party is at State on Nov.13th I believe. Aquabooty WILL set that patio on fire one day.

I think it's pointless to be whining about them not opening yet. It's not like there aren't tons of nightlife options for you to choose from in the meantime. There's a bunch of great parties already lined up between now and the end of the year. Just let it be an added bonus when it does finally open instead of a let-down that didn't open on time. Just my opinion.

I figured that the best thing to do to control the rumors and speculation is to go ahead and post this.

We were on schedule for a late October opening until we hit a few snags. The first was the series of storms. I was in Ibiza when I received the call about Frances coming through. The contractor decided that the prudent thing to do was to prepare the building for the storm. They brought in a crane and took everything off the roof, removed all the materials and boarded the place up. When the storm didn't hit, they were reluctant to bring everything back in because of Ivan so we waited it out. Then we got geared up again only to have to repeat the whole process for Jeanne. The end result was that it cost us about four weeks of real work.

Now we are trying to speed up the process but that means a ton of extra expense. The project is already over budget so we are not prepared to add overtime to the cost.

Things are progressing really well at the site. Nick and CJ will have a full update with pictures soon. All I can say for now is that it will be amazing when it opens.

Cheers,

Dade