Clubplanet Nightlife Community

worst dates for wmc ever?? very possibly

jcbliss

well we've seen blunders by wmc before but this yr maybe the worst.... last yr it was booked during the wine and food fest pissing off many of the hotels and patrons of that festival... the yr before it was booked during spring break wich pissed us all off but this yr may proove to be the worst booking ever of dates.... Wmc this yr falls on easter weekend which is already having many of the big european dj's and patrons from the other side of the pond considering not attending. I've spoken to several djs and people in the biz in general who have told me that airfares are at an all time high because of easter for the time period and many of them planned for wmc to be early in the month as in the past. Many of the people i've spoken to are considering sitting this wmc out as its just to expensive and on a weekend that they want to spend with their familys? is this the biggest wmc screw up ever?? I can't say yet but responce from the other side of the pond is not good thus far... only time will tell....

guess we'll wait and see... what are your thoughts?

a lot of people from south america and mexico are gonna be able to come and enjoy wmc......all my friends from colombia are very happy about these dates cuz they all ahve that whole week off....it was the same in 2002....and it was a great conference....i think its pretty good :)

Also from a businessowner point of view, march 2002 was my one of my best months of sales ever,the vibe was great on the streets and people were shopping like crazy, latins europeans all togheter sounds great to me...show me the money bitches!

those dates work for our crew.

as i will agree the airfares are higher from any other conference dates i've ever attended, it is still quite 'do-able'.

people have from now until march to save their pennies and learn to budget if they really want to make it down to miami. no biggie imo.

plus, those dj friends of your bitching surely can afford to buy a first class roundtrip from europe and still have money to stay at the delano and eat filet mignon & sushi every night.

I dont think it's all too bad.

Yeah, it falls relatively close to Easter Weekend, but in all reality won't affect conference overall as it lands on Sunday. They'll always have the option of flying out early.. saturday morning maybe? friday night? rest assured there will be parties being lined up the weekend before becuase of this and actually prolonging conference parties to two weekends. As far as airfares are concerned, cant be too bad.. a difference of 100$ wont make anyone cry.. plus there is always that option of coming down here earlier.

The whole month of March is spring break essentially.

The worst time to live in Florida. Daytona/PCB cheese spreads statewide. Its disgusting.

Not sure that throwing down on Easter weekend is in my gameplan. Im gonna be good on Good Friday and low key Saturday so I can make it to church on Sunday. In otherwords, no Conference for me this year.

And, my understanding is that this weekend is *also* Wine and Food fest once again. And a couple other things, as well.

As far as being on a Christian holy date, I mean come on. *Most* everybody ignore's Christ all year long, and then gets all pissy because they are going to miss one of the two times of the year they might go to church. Give me a break. Don't be such a hypocrite. (If you're one of the very few who does actually go regularly, I am not referring to you.)

Although I do understand the issue about airfares, even though that might have more to do with all the airlines going under than a holiday weekend.

the party will go on, no matter what the dates. i am willing to bet that most of the dj's will turn up. the europeans (especially the brits) love caning it up in sunny miami and the exchange rate favors the europeans coming here. the party people will carry on. see you there

And, my understanding is that this weekend is *also* Wine and Food fest once again. And a couple other things, as well.

As far as being on a Christian holy date, I mean come on. *Most* everybody ignore's Christ all year long, and then gets all pissy because they are going to miss one of the two times of the year they might go to church. Give me a break. Don't be such a hypocrite. (If you're one of the very few who does actually go regularly, I am not referring to you.)

Although I do understand the issue about airfares, even though that might have more to do with all the airlines going under than a holiday weekend.

I would say I make church 3 out of 5 Sundays so Im not being pissy.

Having said that, I think people will bitch no matter what the dates are so they have to pick something. Its too early, Its too late, Too many Spring Breakers, etc...

I would say I make church 3 out of 5 Sundays so Im not being pissy.
Lol, see the part of my post that says, "(If you're one of the very few who does actually go regularly, I am not referring to you.)"

I suspect one reason they chose a holiday weekend is that convention rates are often lower then. Plus, a lot of people have an extra day off.