Clubplanet Nightlife Community

halloween @ spirit review...

spirit really fucked up last night... my friend made table reservations a few days before with one of the head guys there... so we were set at 2 bottles for a mere 400.. which was fine in my book but then once we got there the dude doing the table line said they are now 330 each.. and the 2 bottle minimum went to 3...

the other shady thing... i went to buy a few drinks and decided to use my credit card.. so after the lady poured me out drinks she was like.. oh there's a 50 dollar minimum btw... so regardless to say i had to buy like 3 extra drinks.. after that the night was a blur...

the main floor was way too packed, so i spent the majority of the night up in the hiphop room.. when i did make it down to the main room i couldnt get into it.. absolutely no room to dance, no circles there was pretty much only room to bob your head.. the music was a little on the weaker side.. i remember it being dark... at around 530 i had to call it quits...

oh it was nice meeting binarycool for a few seconds.. lol sorry.. we were going in different directions... i also met somebody else from cp who acted like a real bitch.. but.. maybe it was an off night so.. ??

but all in all it was a great night..

1 bottle per 3 people last night. Bottles WERE NOT 330 each..only the GOOSE was.

Finlandia (what i got) was 250 a bottle. Came out to $600 total for 6 heads. Not too bad. Had a GREAT night.

Cant even begin to explain how everything just fell together perfectly.

Got there early 11pm left around 7am. Had a great time. Now its time to take it easy until TGE.

yea besides the drama from the first post def was a hot night. fuckin packed as shit but that was expected. johnny was going nuts on those speakers though, he's gotta take it easy, he was distorting the shit out of them at certain points. he really played some hot tracks though, always awesome hearing something you got getting dropped at a club. anyway, good night good night.

best night I've had in a long time...JP was banging, almost everyone was dressed up, and everyone was being pretty nice considering how packed it was...I saw a lot of old Factory heads too. Too bad I had to leave around 5:30 b/c my friends were tired of "juiceballs' chest stubble rubbing up against them," lol. From now on I will be sticking to non-theme parties, but I'm glad I had the Halloween experience :)

oldtimer- sorry I didn't get to say "hi" and run away...I didn't see you at all

spirit really fucked up last night... my friend made table reservations a few days before with one of the head guys there... so we were set at 2 bottles for a mere 400.. which was fine in my book but then once we got there the dude doing the table line said they are now 330 each.. and the 2 bottle minimum went to 3...

the other shady thing... i went to buy a few drinks and decided to use my credit card.. so after the lady poured me out drinks she was like.. oh there's a 50 dollar minimum btw... so regardless to say i had to buy like 3 extra drinks.. after that the night was a blur...

the main floor was way too packed, so i spent the majority of the night up in the hiphop room.. when i did make it down to the main room i couldnt get into it.. absolutely no room to dance, no circles there was pretty much only room to bob your head.. the music was a little on the weaker side.. i remember it being dark... at around 530 i had to call it quits...

oh it was nice meeting binarycool for a few seconds.. lol sorry.. we were going in different directions... i also met somebody else from cp who acted like a real bitch.. but.. maybe it was an off night so.. ??

but all in all it was a great night..

told ya the bottle service was gunna run you bro.....

people that do not listen to deep spell tend to regret it....as i speak from making the same mistakes and im trying to pass the knowledge on...

giving your credit card to ANY club is a big no-no....most have a minimum to charge since they have to pay merchant fees for every charge...if your buying a drink, lets say...around 10 bucks....the club has to pay on average 2% (depending on the card, Amex charges as high at 2.9 %) on each charge....yea its only 20 cents...but it adds up...and its also a good excuse to charge a $50 buck minimum :)

Got there really early because the last table reservation I had for classics were sold off because I got there late. I have to agree with danihawk I loved seeing everyone dressed up, also considering how packed it was I didnt see any fights and no one really acted like assholes when they were being accidentally stepped on. Table was right next to the bathroom on top of the main bar, had a great vue of the performance and not to forget to mention JP was insane, If you reserve a table expect to pay some money, you always have to consider how much tables were asking for, plus u have to include tip, and tax, final bill wasn't all that bad for 3 bottles of absolute and champagne.

nice meeting u too oldtimer, although briefly.

i hear everyone complain and talk shit about JP parties on this board (this was my first one since I was in HS), but it was a lot of fun. everyone i met was nice. no more crackheads than any other club. in fact i saw more at crobar later that night (though i should talk). music was good, i liked it. so i guess it just goes to show you you have to check things out for yourself instead of listening to other people. especially on THIS board lol. i'd definately check out spirit again

nice meeting u too oldtimer, although briefly.

i hear everyone complain and talk shit about JP parties on this board (this was my first one since I was in HS), but it was a lot of fun. everyone i met was nice. no more crackheads than any other club. in fact i saw more at crobar later that night (though i should talk). music was good, i liked it. so i guess it just goes to show you you have to check things out for yourself instead of listening to other people. especially on THIS board lol. i'd definately check out spirit again

word... everyone busts on spirit just because jp spins there and the sf crowd has moved there for the time being.. i've been there for about 4 or 5 jp saturday night parties and i haven't seen one fight/argument or anything like that... i think the party is doing well, and i think spirit is doing well from having the party there.. the costumes were great, i love how every girl thinks "oh this is my big chance to wear a thong and some boobie tassles, and get away with it".. i wish it were halloween every month or so.. i can definitely get used to seeing girls in thongs walking around..

word... everyone busts on spirit just because jp spins there and the sf crowd has moved there for the time being.. i've been there for about 4 or 5 jp saturday night parties and i haven't seen one fight/argument or anything like that... i think the party is doing well, and i think spirit is doing well from having the party there.. the costumes were great, i love how every girl thinks "oh this is my big chance to wear a thong and some boobie tassles, and get away with it".. i wish it were halloween every month or so.. i can definitely get used to seeing girls in thongs walking around..

i agree sat nights are no joke in nyc anymore ...jp has improved big time from the following 2 1/2 years his sf sets had way too much filler and noisy tech towards the end ..30 hr sets u gonna get that...Also boris has been banging out crobar latley great vibe great party..Avalon has got some of my favorite internationals coming this fall as well judge jules, marco v, i just wish the crowd was better

i agree sat nights are no joke in nyc anymore ...jp has improved big time from the following 2 1/2 years his sf sets had way too much filler and noisy tech towards the end ..30 hr sets u gonna get that...Also boris has been banging out crobar latley great vibe great party..Avalon has got some of my favorite internationals coming this fall as well judge jules, marco v, i just wish the crowd was better

word.... judge jules @ avalon should be a great set... he fucking kills it... too bad i wont be going bc that crowd makes me want to take a swan dive off the balcony...

haha, yeah I noticed that "hooker" seemed to be the most popular costume for the ladies...as if I was any better in my vinyl Red Riding Hood outift :)

best jp night i have had at spirit thus far...

music was great. yeah it was packed but it was halloween - whatd u expect. i thought the line was gonna be forever even though i had a ticket but then a bouncer told everyone with tickets to just come up front and we walked in with no id check and no search. i was shocked. there wasnt much room to dance, but as long as u were actually moving, people gave u space - and i did move so i had plenty :)

i stayed till 9ish and it was definitely worth it. but spirit just isnt the same as factory. man i miss that place. cant complain though - it was a good halloween for a virgin. and i loved hearing "only when i lose myself" by depeche mode into "after all this tiiiiiime."

• 2 weeks later...

NYC was def the place to be for Halloween? :bounce: I had a great time that weekend!! :rock: B4 I went to Spirit, I decided to meet up w/ our crew at Mars 2112. It happened to be one of my boy's b-days. It was my first time here and I didn't know what to expect? The place was like one big maze, def different from what I'm used to seeing. I felt like I was in an underground cave. The setup of the club was very unique. A change of scenery is good though. The Halloween spirit was evident, most people were in costumes. There was a plethora of fine women throughout the club. There were 2 main rooms that I spent the most time in. There was a large room that played a lot of hip hop and another room that was smaller, where house music was played. Most of the people where in the bigger room. I've heard this place is a restaurant during the day and I'm curious to find out what type of food is served here? It's pretty spacious. Anyways as the night went on the crowd was getting smaller and smaller. Once the clocks had turned back, we had decided our final destination would be Spirit.

Once we arrived at Spirit, I noticed the line was getting pretty long. Some of my friends wanted to go elswhere, but then decided to wait it out. A lot of people in line were saying that Crobar had closed down early. Was that rumor or was that how it went down? I too noticed they weren't checking Ids, which they usually do. Anyways once I got inside I realized it was pretty packed!! Most of the people stuck w/ the Halloween theme and wore great costumes, but there where also many who didn't wear costumes. I can't really blame them for it, because it was like a 1000 degrees inside. Most of the women had it going on that night. :love2: The women were no doubt the main attraction. It's like every women for herself!! Time to get the most attention!! Women wore thongs, latex suits, mini skirts, heels, boots as part of there costumes!! :lickit: I was digging all of it. :aright: The music got me going as soon as I arrived. JP was playing dark and underground tracks thoughout the entire night. Some of my crew left early others stayed w/ me until 9. You know who you are!! (Chris, Michelle, Tracy) Once JP stopped playing I figured that was it, but as soon as I exited the club he started playing GTI, I was like damn!! :mad: Was that last track he played or were there more? I hate when he does that!! Overall the Halloween party was a success. I know people are going to say that "Spirit is NO SF!!", which is true, only a few other clubs in NYC club history had the same effect that SF had during it's run. SF was just total insanity, while Spirit needs more time in order to create it's own idenitity. SF had No Limits, Spirit obviously does. I don't mind the change, I think it's for the better. I'd rather be able to talk about my night, than have no recollection of it at all. At SF that usually was the case for many. It was crackhead central through and through. When's the next party at Spirit? Thankgiving eve?