Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a bottle of red... a bottle of white...

dgmodel

as long as it doesn't have a screw off top or come in a box you'll do just fine.

last year i did a bottle of coppolla and a bottle of luna... dont want to do the same again... thinking maybe jump on the yellowtail bandwagon like every other toms dick is hairy... but id rather not...

i hope its not for jamming into those guys arses DG...

that was only for you, on your birthday...

santa margarita for white

never heard of it, whats up~!?

the thing is, the majority of people in the world don't know good wine, me being one of them. And I have found out that if you try and impress someone with a really expensive bottle of wine you end up broke. Because they honestly don't know if you paid 20 or 200 for it. Just get something you like and take that. It may take you a few bottles to find out though.

But for thanksgiving I would suggest merlot or shiraz for your reds, and who gives a fuck about white wine anyway? That shit is either too sweet or too dry.

But then again I'm a raging alcoholic who would drink a box of that shitty ass zin fin in a couple hours.

As a matter of fact - never listen to anything I say when it comes to drinking booze.

santa margarita for white

...good pick....i'm also a kendall jackson fan....their chardonay and merlot are both solid choices....Stag's Leap and Cakebread also offer nice selections...all of which are californians....i'm not solid on italian and french picks.....i'd have to visit the liquor store to refresh my memory by looking at labels...

the thing is, the majority of people in the world don't know good wine, me being one of them. And I have found out that if you try and impress someone with a really expensive bottle of wine you end up broke. Because they honestly don't know if you paid 20 or 200 for it. Just get something you like and take that. It may take you a few bottles to find out though.

But for thanksgiving I would suggest merlot or shiraz for your reds, and who gives a fuck about white wine anyway? That shit is either too sweet or too dry.

But then again I'm a raging alcoholic who would drink a box of that shitty ass zin fin in a couple hours.

As a matter of fact - never listen to anything I say when it comes to drinking booze.

youre absolutely right, thats why when i comes to bringing wine or giving it as a gift i rarely exceed twenty-thirty dollars... when it comes to champagne though ill buy the goods, because i happen to prefer the better tasting champagnes over a bottle of brut or korbel...

...good pick....i'm also a kendall jackson fan....their chardonay and merlot are both solid choices....Stag's Leap and Cakebread also offer nice selections...all of which are californians....i'm not solid on italian and french picks.....i'd have to visit the liquor store to refresh my memory by looking at labels...

ill check it out...

absolutely agree with santa margherita pinot grigio, everyone i have ever given it to loves it. best part its easy to find and not that expensive either. rocca della macie's chianti is a good choice for the red.

if you would like to bring something for those who don't like wine, lambic beer is a good choice. comes in many different varieties, including some that would be turkey friendly, and is very refreshing.

robert mondavi (i like) is very popular 12-16$

cavit is ok...but more of an everyday table wine, not something you should bring for company...price 6-8$

antinori 1999 is nice $40ish

dont get beckman (california) i had it not long ago and it was gross...like drinking tree bark...way too dry...

anything else from california or long island is a risk. if you want to be sure you get something good get something from italy or france...portugal is good for dessert wines, such as "port"

if you want to go all out and spend money, nickel and dime is popular runs around 50-ish.....corona wine is nice too...no, nothing like the beer.

can anyone recommend any really good wines for thanksgiving dinner~!? i need to bring one red, one white, and dont want to bring some half assed shit... anyone~!? anyone~!? beuller~!? beuller~!?

thanksgiving...

I've had white a couple times, but Santa Margherita is crap. That's everyone women's favorite wine to mention since odds are it's the only one they've seen (not flaming, just the truth). As for White's - Kendall Jackson has a little more body to the wine as opposed to the Santa M and can be had for the same price. I personally think Santa M feels watered down in your mouth. Both run around $15 give or take a couple pesos.

As for Red's, it depends on what type of wine you like... if you prefer something more acidic - Merlot is the way to go. However, that should usually accompany red meat. Chances are since this is Thanksgiving the bird is the primary meat so (although White is for poultry).. the "men" wanting red wine should stick with a Cabernet. More flavor in my opinion depending on the brand. My preferences range from Beringer (on the low end side - $15/bottle avg) to Stag's Leap or Frog's Leap (on the high end - $45/$50 a bottle). I never bother to spend more than $50 since I think it's just a waste. Bottle my ex's father a bottle of Opus One at a wedding a long time back and tried the $300 bottle and it didn't taste like it should cost $250 more...

I'm not a huge wine connoisseur, but I have tried many reds and personally I stick with the states. I have tried Australian and other regions (ie. Chile) and wasn't too impressed. With that said, I haven't tried French or Italian wines and everyone's taste bud are different.

Since I do like Beringer (red caber), I have brought it over for several dinner gatherings and I have yet to hear a complaint (from people that have wine once a year to men that live on wine). Not a bad $15 investment in my opinion. Also - there are two different kinds... regular cabernet and they also have a "Founder's Estate" label. The Founder's Estate is usually $22-$25/bottle. Both taste relatively the same. If you want to show you purchased the "premium" you go with the F.E. Otherwise, you can just pick up the regular $15 bottle.