Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lifting when you're sick

nycguy420

Do you usually lift when you are sick? I'm not talking about just a runny nose, but more like body aches and stuffiness, spitting up loogies, and a sore throat. I'm very tempted to go lift but I don't want my health to get worse. When you're sick do you usually take a couple of days off from the gym, or just suck it up? If you went to the gym how did you feel the day after, worse or better?

Do you usually lift when you are sick? I'm not talking about just a runny nose, but more like body aches and stuffiness, spitting up loogies, and a sore throat. I'm very tempted to go lift but I don't want my health to get worse. When you're sick do you usually take a couple of days off from the gym, or just suck it up? If you went to the gym how did you feel the day after, worse or better?

Better off taking a couple of days off. Your body will recover faster.

Besides I hate when people go to the gym sick. Great way to pass the germ to everyone else in the gym.

I was sick twice in the past six weeks - the first time with flu like symptoms and both due to lack of sleep over the weekends. Both times I tried going against the norm and found that I personally recovered a hell of a lot faster and felt better each day going to the gym. I also made sure that I kept eating throughout the day since the main problem that people experience when sick is they feel like shit... usually due to loss of appetite.

Unless someone is a slob and emits fluids onto their hands and therefore the bars... or is coughing all over the place you aren't gonna spread anymore germs that aren't already present in a gym to begin with... gyms aren't exactly the most sanitary place in the world.

Please, for your sake and others stay away from the gym when you are sick. Your body will not be able to recover from a workout and it will lower your immune system and take longer to get well.

You will be hurting yourself and spreading the flu virus to others (or whatever you have)

Captinpec, your approach seems to be extremely selfish. There is a difference between typical germs and the flu virus. Why would you take a chance in getting others sick, especially considering the fact that you are not doing yourself any good.

If you recovered while working out, it was b/c you were recovering anyway and just happened to be working out.

Nautica

Please, for your sake and others stay away from the gym when you are sick. Your body will not be able to recover from a workout and it will lower your immune system and take longer to get well.

You will be hurting yourself and spreading the flu virus to others (or whatever you have)

Captinpec, your approach seems to be extremely selfish. There is a difference between typical germs and the flu virus. Why would you take a chance in getting others sick, especially considering the fact that you are not doing yourself any good.

If you recovered while working out, it was b/c you were recovering anyway and just happened to be working out.

Nautica

How is my approach "extremely selfish?" Please educate me how my actions in the gym are any less different than the way I conduct myself at work, around friends in the evening or while having dinner with my family (all while I am sick)... Last time I checked there was never a federal mandate to quarantine one's self when sick. Unless I am coughing or wiping mucus all over my hands and touching the weight equipment... there is no way in hell that I am getting someone else sick. And before you jump the gun to reply - I have two workout partners that I have been working out with since June... I have yet to see or hear either complain in the past month that I got them sick.

The only way I could see someone passing colds in the gym was if they were slobs in general and had no regards for others. To generalize all people into a pool is retarded.

When your sick, your body needs to rest as much as it can.

going to the gym and lifting weights is only gaing to make your body more sore and attimes take longer to get well.

on top of that, most people just dont like people coughing and sweating allover the place. i wouldnt recomend weight lifting, HOWEVER

cardio is something else...got ot he track or feild and run for halph an hour or walk. you breath in fresh air and thatis good for us who are usuallyin a club or place were there is cigarete smoke or insence. you also sweat your flu or whatever it is you have out. You work some of your body out, but withought over doing it or straining your muscle.

sleep......you need alot of sleep. during sleep the body regenerates itself. it fights colds and flu and actually when you work out or do cardio, it is during sleep that you burn off fat etc and impurities.also when you get back in the weight room/gym, it is during sleep that your muscles grow (not actually when your actually working out).

drink lots of water and OJ, chicken soup (from la careta,sergio's or davids cafe or any style SANCOCHO- kicks ass).

take a tavist D and in 24 to 48hours yul be back up ready for a show or tour.

When your sick, your body needs to rest as much as it can.

going to the gym and lifting weights is only gaing to make your body more sore and attimes take longer to get well.

on top of that, most people just dont like people coughing and sweating allover the place. i wouldnt recomend weight lifting, HOWEVER

cardio is something else...got ot he track or feild and run for halph an hour or walk. you breath in fresh air and thatis good for us who are usuallyin a club or place were there is cigarete smoke or insence. you also sweat your flu or whatever it is you have out. You work some of your body out, but withought over doing it or straining your muscle.

sleep......you need alot of sleep. during sleep the body regenerates itself. it fights colds and flu and actually when you work out or do cardio, it is during sleep that you burn off fat etc and impurities.also when you get back in the weight room/gym, it is during sleep that your muscles grow (not actually when your actually working out).

drink lots of water and OJ, chicken soup (from la careta,sergio's or davids cafe or any style SANCOCHO- kicks ass).

take a tavist D and in 24 to 48hours yul be back up ready for a show or tour.

fuck that shit, don't be a pussy, NEVER STOP the routine, EVER!

How is my approach "extremely selfish?" Please educate me how my actions in the gym are any less different than the way I conduct myself at work, around friends in the evening or while having dinner with my family (all while I am sick)... Last time I checked there was never a federal mandate to quarantine one's self when sick. Unless I am coughing or wiping mucus all over my hands and touching the weight equipment... there is no way in hell that I am getting someone else sick. And before you jump the gun to reply - I have two workout partners that I have been working out with since June... I have yet to see or hear either complain in the past month that I got them sick.

The only way I could see someone passing colds in the gym was if they were slobs in general and had no regards for others. To generalize all people into a pool is retarded.

I didn't expect you would understand. Hence, the term "selfish".

Nautica

i have the band flex at home, its a cheap imitation of the bowflex.....it cost me $300 shipped

that what i use on sick days/weeks and days that i don't feel like going to the gym cuz of the weather or work issues.........better then going to the gym and givin others my sickness......besides that, its just collecting dust in my room

i have it for about 3 years and used it maybe 20 times.......like i always say........any workouk is better then no work out at all