Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People in the city wear WAAAY too much black

georgym

Gosh, on the subway, in the store.

black shoes, black coat, black pants, god knows, probably black underwear!

Im a true purveyor of colors, and it just adds so much more vitality and life to fashion.

Are people just lazy and say "ehh, i don't know what to wear, i'll just wear black"?

:lame:

...i wear a ton of black....but in my field if i wear light colors ...they get color on them.....smock or not...just saturday i wore a white shirt under a black thing..AND GOT COLOR ON THE ONE FUCKING PART SHOWING lol............

...however it is key to incorporate other colors ....like if i go out.....and wanna wear black top and black bottom..there has to be a color to break it up...like a longer shirt underneath....i'm a stickler for detail..

...however it is key to incorporate other colors ....like if i go out.....and wanna wear black top and black bottom..there has to be a color to break it up...like a longer shirt underneath....i'm a stickler for detail..

Exactly! Or add a colored belt, fun colored jewelry, shoes, etc

it's a NY thing i think. i hate when people wear black/ grey combos on the days they dont wear all black. so depressing . . .

lol...

i love to wear all black.. its funny you said this; tomorrow i was planning on wearing a black suit, black shirt and black tie...

it is a NYer thing, we as a people claim to be so hard and risk takers we are so scared when it comes to experimenting with color.Nevertheless, I too am guilty of participating in this trend?, but it is because with black you will always come out looking elegant , it makes the bling pop out even more (with the contrast), you wont ever have to worry about being the laughing stock of certain trendy colors ,such as the wretched bubble gum pepto bismol pink from last season -most of you'all know that if it was not in style you would never consider wearing pink again,without expecting a snide comment from your friends.Black also,helps deflest the stain you pick up left behind from the bums on mass transit, thats if you are not already leaving home with cat fur allover you(mmmmeeeooooooowwwwwwwww).Black is also the best color to use when making a first impression anywhere, because No One cannot claim to have at least one article of black clothing in their closet.

don't knock on black clothes. you can't have too much black, however i do agree that you should have other colors to mix it up. personally, i can't have my top and bottom be the same color. for some reason, it freaks me out. as well as having your top and bottom be from the same brand. that too freaks me out. call me weird, but that's how i feel.

i always wear black tops..I think the color is very sheik (sp)and I especially like it against my blonde hair. I never wear all black though, mostly because I'm not a fan of black pants..But most of my shirts, belts, and boots are all black.

black is my favorie color.........i wear a lot of black partly for the same reason.....i :heart: the contrast against my hair. in the summer i wear lighter colors most of the time unless i'm going out in the evening.

I love black, and wear it a lot, but I get sick of it. So, I picked up some chocolate, plum & navy items, and bought a heather grey suit, which I can wear pinks & purples w/. I do love color, and have incorporated it into my wardrobe; once I noticed I had a lot of black, and not much else. A wise man once told me, black clothing is for people who lack imagination. True, you don't have to think to look good in black... Now that i'm back to blonde, I feel sexy & vibrant wearing black, not lost in it. It's nice to enjoy it again!

personally I think neutrals look great on most; olives & caramels look great on any skin tone, but I'm not sure I'd want to wear a suit in those ^^ colors.

I love black, and wear it a lot, but I get sick of it. So, I picked up some chocolate, plum & navy items, and bought a heather grey suit, which I can wear pinks & purples w/. I do love color, and have incorporated it into my wardrobe; once I noticed I had a lot of black, and not much else. A wise man once told me, black clothing is for people who lack imagination. True, you don't have to think to look good in black... Now that i'm back to blonde, I feel sexy & vibrant wearing black, not lost in it. It's nice to enjoy it again!

personally I think neutrals look great on most; olives & caramels look great on any skin tone, but I'm not sure I'd want to wear a suit in those ^^ colors.

Very nice, glad you incorporated some new styles n flava's into your wardrobe

Today i saw a cute girl wearing black shoes, black pants, black coat, black sweater, black socks and probably black panties. She was cute, but the fact that she was completely blacked out totally turned me off. Made me wonder wtf is going on here :laugh:

Don't get me wrong,,,black looks great. But you have to wonder about the creativity and imagination of people who resort to wearing JUST black. Like, do they put any effort in what they buy? Do they attempt to take risks and go out on a limb? Is the fact that they choose to sport such blandness mean they in fact are bland?

Im telling you, it's so refreshing to see people who mix n match. I find myself much more attracted to those people :)