Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tuna fish question

why have you heard diffrent? Or was this discussed awhile back?

We have not heard different. We have read the study, which has every up in arms over nothing. It was a study done in europe and showed no actually correlation between fish and mercury poisoning in the US.

Obviously women who are pregnant or who might become pregnant should use caution.

Nautica

We have not heard different. We have read the study, which has every up in arms over nothing. It was a study done in europe and showed no actually correlation between fish and mercury poisoning in the US.

Obviously women who are pregnant or who might become pregnant should use caution.

Nautica

I agree but the FDA and EPA has also done testing and testing is done by state as well, but as you stated nothing that harmful. The hightest levels were in Shark, swordfish and some others, but they do say only eat 12 ounces a week (2 meals) of it just in case. So 15g of protein in each tuna can along with a supplement the other days and your set.

Nautica

I agree but the FDA and EPA has also done testing and testing is done by state as well, but as you stated nothing that harmful. The hightest levels were in Shark, swordfish and some others, but they do say only eat 12 ounces a week (2 meals) of it just in case. So 15g of protein in each tuna can along with a supplement the other days and your set.

used to make it with some mustard in there, and a squeeze of lemon, or if you have just lemon juice. not really as good as mayo though to me at least.

also heard of some people putting some tobasco in there, but im not really a fan of spicy.

i tried to put some mustard once....almost spilt my guts :puke: ... just regular mayo here....

ok ...perfect answer to this question....i just made a huge bowl of tuna for the week for me and my boyfriend ...ready to take notes... tuna..honey mustard,red onions,shredded carrots, diced red pepper, diced celery,and bean sprouts w/black pepper... eat on a low carb wrap with some romaine lettuce....yummmy and completley healthy.TADA :)

mustard or bbq sauce :)

if youre not obsessed about carbs or anything i sometimes eat tuna mixed with cooked white rice, I still add a bit of mayo but it tastes so good heated up and mixed with the rice. Another way is again tuna with a bit of mayo but i scoop it up with tortilla chips kinda like a dip, and it gives it whole different flavor. Very tasty.

ok ...perfect answer to this question....i just made a huge bowl of tuna for the week for me and my boyfriend ...ready to take notes... tuna..honey mustard,red onions,shredded carrots, diced red pepper, diced celery,and bean sprouts w/black pepper... eat on a low carb wrap with some romaine lettuce....yummmy and completley healthy.TADA :)

i like that recipe.gotta try it

Tuna Burger!

Now this is one that I find very tasty.. don't knock it till you try it..

Take one can of tuna - Solid White in water is preferable..(squeeze out the water)

1 jumbo egg

Salt, Pepper, a little garlic and any other powdered spices you like.

NO MAYO NEEDED.....

Use the egg white, and mix with your hands or a fork (hands are better) together with the spices and tuna..get out the big pieces

Pre heat a skillet/pan and use Pam spray for no sticking..medium heat

Put the mix down, let it warm up until you smell the flavor - or until the bottom is browned, flip do the same.. thing is you need to mold the tuna as it is cooking the egg will start to move away from the mix... as it is sizzling, use the spatula and mold into the shape of a burger. As it is cooking the egg will start to form, and it will look like a patty...

once both sides are nicely browned your good to go.. Enjoy, eat alone, on a bun or with what ever side you want... HMMMMM!

Tip, the patty may not stay together when you flip it, it could take some practice..

This is one of my favorite dishes...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
when making tuna, what does everyone use to mix, b/c mayo is not cutting it anymore!!!!!!! any ideas on an alternate

thanx

are you looking to lose weight or gain?

i do one can of tuna dry, with a lil lemon on it to kill the smell and flavour. wash it down with water and two pieces of cheese.

mustard or bbq sauce :)

at least do hotsauce where it only has sodium, and doesnt have any calories... some may have 5 calories per serving but most are 0.