Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 5 hotels to stay at for WMC 2005???

Ok. Can you all help me out please:) I found out the Roney is no more so an agent suggested the days inn and best western up by 42nd and collins, the marriot, the fairfield and last the shelborne but she said the price of the shelborne is like double all the others mentioned. $200 anight at most is what we were looking to spend if possible or around there. Have or are any of you staying at any of the above mentioned? We are looking for a place that is clean and nice, can be quiet if and when we actually want to get some sleep;) and has a cool pool scene during the day or is that not that important cause you can just goto to other hotel pool parties anyway? Care to elaborate? Please do, will much appreciate and would love to meet up for some pool side margarita's while down there. Let me know what you can ok. Thank you

AM

Im staying at the days inn.. its cheap, right on the beach, close to all the action and has a nice pool.

Best Western isnt bad, rooms kinda small and its not on the ocean. Cool little pool area to chill @ during the day.

Good thing about those 2 places is that their kinda low key... the pools arent packed all day with steakheads.

• 3 weeks later...
Im staying at the days inn.. its cheap, right on the beach, close to all the action and has a nice pool.

Best Western isnt bad, rooms kinda small and its not on the ocean. Cool little pool area to chill @ during the day.

Good thing about those 2 places is that their kinda low key... the pools arent packed all day with steakheads.

i'm defintely trying to stay away from the steakheads and goombas. are these the only two places. oh and is that the days inn @ the airport?

jeez, im such a procrastinator, i wanted to book this by january

I wish I was staying at the Delano. That place is so phat. :boohoo:

When it comes to the Delano, the product doesn't even approach justifying the prices they get over there. $700/night? Yeah, right. The best hotel in Miami Beach is the Loews, which is a few doors down from the Delano. Even the National, the Delano's next door neighbor, is better. Also, there is a Ritz Carlton a few doors up Collins from the Delano. The Delano is nice, but the reality does not live up to the hype.

When it comes to the Delano, the product doesn't even approach justifying the prices they get over there. $700/night? Yeah, right. The best hotel in Miami Beach is the Loews, which is a few doors down from the Delano. Even the National, the Delano's next door neighbor, is better. Also, there is a Ritz Carlton a few doors up Collins from the Delano. The Delano is nice, but the reality does not live up to the hype.

The Delano's rooms remind me of the Clockwork Orange....:eek: Loews is the way to go!

Ok. Can you all help me out please:) I found out the Roney is no more so an agent suggested the days inn and best western up by 42nd and collins, the marriot, the fairfield and last the shelborne but she said the price of the shelborne is like double all the others mentioned. $200 anight at most is what we were looking to spend if possible or around there. Have or are any of you staying at any of the above mentioned? We are looking for a place that is clean and nice, can be quiet if and when we actually want to get some sleep;) and has a cool pool scene during the day or is that not that important cause you can just goto to other hotel pool parties anyway? Care to elaborate? Please do, will much appreciate and would love to meet up for some pool side margarita's while down there. Let me know what you can ok. Thank you

AM

Here's a reply I got about where we're staying! http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=257416

Quote:

We're staying at the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza Resort http://www.royalpalmcp.crowneplaza.com/. How's that hotel? It seems to be in a pretty good location and looks nice from the website.

We have other friends staying at the Pelican Hotel http://www.pelicanhotel.com/ and that place looks nice also.

both of those are nice. Great location.

It's our first time so just wanted to share what I learned. :shades:

VG! My Boy!

Loews is nice but in South Beach you need that SoBe Flava - not that corporate hotel stuff :)

best hotels IMO in SoBe:

Ritz Carlton, Nash, Tides, Delano, Shore Club, Bentley, Sagamore...

and if you don't mind a short taxi ride away...the Four Seasons and the Orient Mandarin

AM

Are you going to Conference?

You dont want to go past 20th street on Collins. Roney is far enough. Go on Orbitz.com for packages or email me at work some of my friends still have package deals.

so do you guys think the days inn airport, or the hilton on the peninsula near the airport are good deals?? i dont care too much about taxi-rides, i just want to spend most of my cash on partying, i wont be sleeping much, so it doesnt matter where i lay my head...

if you stay by the airport, most of your $ won't be spent on partyin, it'll be spent on taxis. from what i remember, cab rides from around MIA to SoBe are around 25$ one-way.

if you stay by the airport, most of your $ won't be spent on partyin, it'll be spent on taxis. from what i remember, cab rides from around MIA to SoBe are around 25$ one-way.

yep.

you don't want to do that. not only will it kill your wallet, you'll end up spending more time in taxis than at clubs

Exactly - I think they charge $25 no matter what - if its a 20 minute or 40 minute ride w/ traffic. That was what I paid there and back last year and same w/ all my friends. I think its just a straight fee for airport trips down there.

Book whatever you can find from 20th St. down and make sure it is SOBE - in this case the cheaper options will end up costing so much more when you factor everything else in and you will waste so much $$ and time in cabs. At times it can take close to an hour travel time w/ traffic

anyone hear anything about the South Beach Plaza? I know that Movim has rtheir pool party there this year..... i locked in a great price (160/night) and it seems to be a great location..... this being my first year, i guess i'll find out soon ehough.

getting stoked...

folk

I have reservations at the days downtown for 59/night. Its not the one at the airport. I figure space and the ultra party isnt even on south beach. They're downtown. By the water but on the downtown side. You have to take a cab to these events if you are staying on south beach anyway, because you have to cross the causeways.

How are the wet grooves and radio 1 parties. R they located on south beach? Cabbing it will be a necessity either way and you aint gonna find a place on south beach for less than double the 59/ night. Its not worth it to me when I have a lot of costly partying ahead of me.

Let me know what you think of my those parties.

Joe

anyone hear anything about the South Beach Plaza? I know that Movim has rtheir pool party there this year..... i locked in a great price (160/night) and it seems to be a great location..... this being my first year, i guess i'll find out soon ehough.

getting stoked...

folk

book it. the only thing you'll see in the room is the shower and the mattress. or the ceiling if you're lucky . :hump:

I have reservations at the days downtown for 59/night. Its not the one at the airport. I figure space and the ultra party isnt even on south beach. They're downtown. By the water but on the downtown side. You have to take a cab to these events if you are staying on south beach anyway, because you have to cross the causeways.

How are the wet grooves and radio 1 parties. R they located on south beach? Cabbing it will be a necessity either way and you aint gonna find a place on south beach for less than double the 59/ night. Its not worth it to me when I have a lot of costly partying ahead of me.

Joe

:vomit2: make sure the roaches don't carry you away when you pass out. you definitely get what you pay for hotel wise. Good luck bro.

Joe

Days Inn downtown?? If you are talking about the days inn on NW 14th street, thats a highly UN-desirable area. Granted, its not far from downtown, but you will be sitting smack in the middle of the Jackson Mem hospital area, aka ugly town....i would suggest trying some of the hotels downtown on Biscayne, closer to Space, NV,Nocturnal, and Bayfront Park, where Ultra is being held. Theres a holiday inn and a howard johnsons there. At least youl be closer to the action, but the room may not be so hot. Also---i agree with you about the overinflated prices on the beach at this time of year -TOURIST TRAPS! And most beach hotels SUCK! Being a miamian, i cringe to hear what you guys pay for these rooms, but i guess you dont have much of a choice!