Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DANNY TENAGLIA, 1-14-05 review at SPIRIT.

I don't get why almost every reply i've read so far is positive; i personally thought it was terrible from the moment i walked in until i finally left.

i don't know why i went there expecting him to be the danny i knew from vinyl/arc at his best 5 am self, but when i explain his track selection as sell out bonanza that's an understatement. he wasnt being tenaglia the quirky, talented "be yourself" dj i grew to know and love over the years and his overexposure totally ruined any vibe he might possibly still be able to create. and whats with the corny ball drop? he did that last year and it was cool, but maybe that's because i was on k.

which leads me to the absolutely NO vibe, which was expected considering the crowd was completely rawless, just commerical junkies with no appreciation for the avant garde.. i'm not sure if that's the right word, i don't how else to explain how i used to perceive what i felt at danny's parties.

and why even bother complaining about the 40 bucks i wasted. last time i support a burnt out has been catering to the masses.

I don't get why almost every reply i've read so far is positive; i personally thought it was terrible from the moment i walked in until i finally left.

i don't know why i went there expecting him to be the danny i knew from vinyl/arc at his best 5 am self, but when i explain his track selection as sell out bonanza that's an understatement. he wasnt being tenaglia the quirky, talented "be yourself" dj i grew to know and love over the years and his overexposure totally ruined any vibe he might possibly still be able to create. and whats with the corny ball drop? he did that last year and it was cool, but maybe that's because i was on k.

which leads me to the absolutely NO vibe, which was expected considering the crowd was completely rawless, just commerical junkies with no appreciation for the avant garde.. i'm not sure if that's the right word, i don't how else to explain how i used to perceive what i felt at danny's parties.

and why even bother complaining about the 40 bucks i wasted. last time i support a burnt out has been catering to the masses.

ha ha :bowdown:

and to whoever left me a bad rep point without leaving your name: that's pretty pathetic and yea, maybe if i was on some good shit it would have been better! but what's a good dj if i have to be fucked up to have a good time?? i shouldnt have to eat 6 pills to enjoy music! which reinforces my point: he sucked.

hey kat just so you know for next time danny from the first 2 hrs of opening and for the last 2 hrs of closing is the danny you will love.Sadly inbetween he has to play the big room stuff. But the beggining and end sounds and resembles the 6 hubert street dj.Also his set at CIELO was the best party hes played since arc closed. I think you should avoid all his parties for now until he plays a smaller room again and or starts a residency not in the big rooms, if it happens. Thats the only thing i can think of.

DT is best at closing. I just can't do hard music anymore. My taste in music has changed. I just crave that deep warm bass lines. I just wish New York was not this faster harder city. It just sucks that non of the house DJs and Producers of NYC get support form the younger generations. Other than the mega stars DT, RS, EM and DM. Who do a great job of placing the funk and soul with the harder prog sounds. Its a shame that a city like LA seems to have a better understanding of house than NY. Just look at the following that Deep in LA has created. Why cant we have something like this in NY. I love Shelter, 718 and the many other house events in NY. The problem is new blood involved. I just wish people would open their minds and allow the vibe to flow.

DT is best at closing. I just can't do hard music anymore. My taste in music has changed. I just crave that deep warm bass lines. I just wish New York was not this faster harder city. It just sucks that non of house DJs and Producers of NYC get support form the younger generations. Other than the mega stars DT, RS, EM and DM. Who do a great job of placing the funk and soul with the harder prog sounds. Its a shame that a city like LA seems to have a better understanding of house than NY. Just look at the following that Deep in LA has created. Why cant we have something like this in NY. I love Shelter, 718 and the many other house events in NY. The problem is it getting my generation involved. I just wish people would open their minds and allow the vibe to flow.

hey kat just so you know for next time danny from the first 2 hrs of opening and for the last 2 hrs of closing is the danny you will love.Sadly inbetween he has to play the big room stuff. But the beggining and end sounds and resembles the 6 hubert street dj.Also his set at CIELO was the best party hes played since arc closed. I think you should avoid all his parties for now until he plays a smaller room again and or starts a residency not in the big rooms, if it happens. Thats the only thing i can think of.

But then you have to sit though 8 hrs of nonsense? I don't think so

and i don't believe this crap that he has to play big room stuff, you think crobar is in any position to tell Danny what he has to play?

i dont mean THAT THE CLUB TELLS HIM WHAT TO PLAY. And my comment was to kat not to you. But as a professional he knows like im sure some of ya know that playing at a smaller venue or an underground venue as oppose to a big commercial place musical tastes will vary and you will have to try and make everyone happy.

i dont mean THAT THE CLUB TELLS HIM WHAT TO PLAY. And my comment was to kat not to you. But as a professional he knows like im sure some of ya know that playing at a smaller venue or an underground venue as oppose to a big commercial place musical tastes will vary and you will have to try and make everyone happy.

hear, hear...!!

:pint: