Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vacation time this year...

fkornre

I think it's something like:

Years 1-2 you get 10 days

Years 2-5 you get 15 days

after 5 you get 20 days

Some shit like that...we have a small company though and my boss is cool. He knows how reliable I've been since I got here so if it was ever necessary that I needed more days I'm sure he'd be cool with it

lol...that is exactly how my company is with the years - days off...

Some shit like that...we have a small company though and my boss is cool. He knows how reliable I've been since I got here so if it was ever necessary that I needed more days I'm sure he'd be cool with it

did u list fsn management as part of your multi-tasking skills?

sounds like you need a new job

well its the same shit in all top 5 accounting firms...when u move down into the lower tiers then overtime comes into play. American Express Tax and Business Services gives out 7 weeks of vacation when you start with them, which is ridiculous for an accounting firm..but then again you work like a dog during busy season...

i cant really complain..the days will accrue because i really have no chance to request off..im booked solid til spring

im sure it all correllates with salary..my friend is an accountant with a small company never works more than 40 hs a week but started at 35..

im sure ghhost makes much more than that..well i hope anyway

thats a small ass firm if youre never working more than 40 hrs...and i def started with more than 35...if i didnt id shoot myself

im thinking bout doin the mba in either finance or accouting (my company will pay for the mba)..work my ass off for 5 years..while getting a masters in education..then end up as a teacher..

thats great :rolleyes:

this thread is about vacation time not about you changing your mind every week on your next career move...if you'd like, you can refer to this thread to talk about that :aright:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=257711

If you're working 14 hour days on a regular basis you should be somehow compensated for it... Alot of companies try to use the "salaried management" exemption to avaoid paying people overtime. It's bullshit...

my company is trying to get ppl with this bullshit thing...if u work overtime you can either get paid (time and a half or double time on sundays) or take comp time...the catch is the comp time is exactly the amount of overtime you work so why the fuck would someone do that...my boss tries to tell us to take the comp time and i am like hellz no...

we get 4 hrs annual leave and 4 hrs sick leave every pay check apparently... but the longer you been here, it changes, most ppl in my office gets 8 hrs sick leave 8 hrs annual leave...

and i still don't know how ppl get use it or lose it time, compared to regular annual leave.. *shrug*

so my company finally updated our time sheets and i have 37 vacation days this year along with 5 personal and 12 sick...i am now looking at the calendar to plan some days off but i have no idea what the hell i will do...

so what about u?

i suggest: montreal, sd, sf, possibly LV (even though i hate that place...) thats what my schedule looks like... i would love to ski vt. or colorado before the winter is over...

I have 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 2 United Way days because I give 2% of my pay to the United Way. And unlimited sick time.

Fkorne, take a damn vacation you workaholic.

I haven't been on a REAL vacation in 6 years.