Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2 week notice

nutcase34

when you don't have the option of giving your boss 2 weeks before leaving your job...how 'work ethic/morally wrong' (whatever you call it) is it?

(if you are beyond miserable, have no incentive to stay and get paid shit...and basically the chance for something you really want to do comes your way)

I dont really have the choice. if i get the job its an immediate position. I gave notice a year ago I was looking for a new job anyway and have reiterated that for months now.

if that position wants you RIGHT away, i assume they know you will not be able to give 2 weeks notice - so it wont affect the way they view you at the new job. and it sounds like youve already made up your mind. like serg said...do what u gotta do esp if its something you really want. no one is gonna look out for you but you...esp peeps at your old job.

there is still the chance I might not get the offer. I wont know until tomorrow nite/monday. so everything is still a possibility. I just feel bad that If that happens I dont have the option of the 2 week grace period. I just dont want to say the wrong thing when i go in to talk to my boss today.

fuck it..do what u gotta do

Exactly.. If they honestly like you, they will understand, who doesn't want to see someone they like get ahead in life? Its not like your starting in a month and you want to take time off before you start, your going from one job to another to better your career.

if ur in a professional setting...you are expected to act as a professional and give 2 weeks notice....because if your next employer decides to do extra background work they might not hire you because you have a history of jumping ship..

in finance/technology there is no such thing as "two weeks notice..." once they know you have intentions of leaving, you become a liability and a security risk... so you leave right when you tell them...

I spoke to my dept. boss yesterday and she said to wait until i know more after today's interview. Since I am working tomorrow and no one will really be there...I will actually have a minute to sit down and discuss options with him if need be.

Do I know this him person? if so he's way cool and I'm sure he will understand esp. if you have been up front with him.

No Jess. I am talking about Johnny's Dad. (He owns the store) Mike is the manager. and I don't have the heart to tell him I am leaving either. He has been getting the hints and I think Bri has been telling him cuz I have confided alot in Brian the past few weeks.

But I'll make sure to drop in you think He's way cool. ;)

ps. no superbowl party this year :(

No Jess. I am talking about Johnny's Dad. (He owns the store) Mike is the manager. and I don't have the heart to tell him I am leaving either. He has been getting the hints and I think Bri has been telling him cuz I have confided alot in Brian the past few weeks.

But I'll make sure to drop in you think He's way cool. ;)

ps. no superbowl party this year :(

Abso-fucking-lutely! Mike is awesome.

I haven't and will def. not say a word about this either, but like I said he will understand, just be up front with him.

And yes, no SB party this year very depressing :( I was looking forward to making a chili for it too.