Clubplanet Nightlife Community

morning workouts

If you work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, you burn fat faster than working out at any other point in the day...

i dont believe that working out on an empty stomach is what causes u to burn extra calories... and advising people to work out on an empty stomach is not so good..

It depends on what you mean by "working out". If by working out you mean weight/strength training, then doing it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is about the worst thing you can do to yourself. You body is already catabolic from being asleep all night and not eating and going right to the gym to lift without eating anything is going to break muscle tissue down even worse.

If you mean cardio, then yes, doing it in the morning is a good idea if you can manage it. Since your muscles are depleted of glycogen because you haven't eaten in a long while, they will be more likely to use your fat stores for energy.

yea but at least eat a banana or something in the morning esp if ur gonna go work out - ive heard people say that they used to wake up, do cardio without eating and feel like theyre gonna pass out... i dont even think id have the energy to run or do any form of cardio without a lil something to eat in the morning

If you mean cardio, then yes, doing it in the morning is a good idea if you can manage it. Since your muscles are depleted of glycogen because you haven't eaten in a long while, they will be more likely to use your fat stores for energy.

I meant cardio... I should have clarified...

the gym is always empty when i go in the morning...i dunno but i feel more energized when i work out in the morning so the whole being tired thing doesnt make sense. plus i wouldnt recommend not eating, i eat breakfast at 6 then im at the gym at 7 30 so its not so bad...but i dont eat crap like bacon and eggs, its all about the oatmeal baby! well see what happens over the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

The earliest I can make it to the gym is 9:30am. And that's doing something low impact, like Pilates or weight training. I tried once or twice to make a 6:30am Pilates class during the week, but the only workout I got was running across my room to shut off my alarm and then running full force back to bed.

Right now @ 10am I'm getting ready for an X Bike class followed by Pilates, and I'm bracing myself.

The earliest I can make it to the gym is 9:30am. And that's doing something low impact, like Pilates or weight training. I tried once or twice to make a 6:30am Pilates class during the week, but the only workout I got was running across my room to shut off my alarm and then running full force back to bed.

Right now @ 10am I'm getting ready for an X Bike class followed by Pilates, and I'm bracing myself.

That's funny :laugh:

don't really have a problem with morning workouts, but i guess that depends on what everyone's def of morning is. for me it's like 10/11 am or so. and def after i've had breakfast, and if im doing make that a big breakfast.

as for working out on an empty stomach that just doesn't sound like a good idea. there's other more healthier ways to stay lean. i tried cardio on an empty stomach once, and that was it. i wanted to die when i got back to my room.