Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto

its a shame that mass media thinks HES THE GREATEST DJ IN THE WORLD, based on the hype. Lets see he was on nobodys mind in like 97,98, then ahs 3 great PRODUCTIONS and suddenly based on his productions people think hes a great dj and then the hype begins and blah blah blah. Now mass media thinks when people say house music or dance music they think its this trance stuff or whatever it is he plays now. He may be known as TIESTO to his fans, but to others in the industry(look it up) and to people who are not into him hes known as CHESSIESTO'S.

its a shame that mass media thinks HES THE GREATEST DJ IN THE WORLD, based on the hype. Lets see he was on nobodys mind in like 97,98, then ahs 3 great PRODUCTIONS and suddenly based on his productions people think hes a great dj and then the hype begins and blah blah blah. Now mass media thinks when people say house music or dance music they think its this trance stuff or whatever it is he plays now. He may be known as TIESTO to his fans, but to others in the industry(look it up) and to people who are not into him hes known as CHESSIESTO'S.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::blah: you are one angry, bitter dude sometimes man... who cares what a dj was doing 7 years ago.. it's all about what they are doing now... in this biz you dont get by on your past history.. if you suck now noone will go see you perform.. people think he's a great dj bc he is a dedicated very talented dj... he's touring like 40-45 weeks of the year... he's getting his name out there dude, he's not relying on the "media" and why do you care what the media thinks... he gives his fans what they want.. anyone who knows anything knows that the media is bullshit anyways... they think e retails for 40 bucks.. they think people actually call it adam.. so just chill.. stop the hate..

gabe who in your mind is a better candidate for worlds number one dj?? just out of curiosity

anyone who knows anything knows that the media is bullshit anyways...

Yeah, I would not get all worked up because CBS or Disney is not featuring my favorite dj. Mass media are constantly mis-representing and dumbing down anything they touch, so be glad they stay away from what you like.

what im saying about tiesto is that he made his name based on productions not djing. As for who do i think is THE WORLD GREATEST DJ, im gonna say 2 names based on LONGEVITY and MULTI talented and MULTI formats of music styles: DANNY TENAGLIA and CARL COX.

More bullshit from silverbullshit. blah blah blah blah blah.

If I say so and so is the greatest dj in the world, then he/she is....in my book. If enough people say so and so is the greatest dj in the world, then he/she is....according to the voting public. You got a problem with the voting system? Go yell at THEM about it. Don't blame the voters or the winner. Case closed.

Jesus, this is just like any other bullshit thread. So and so says that so and so is the best dj in the world. Then silverbull jumps on in, rips that person a new asshole, then goes on a 20 year history lesson about house music and then simply states someone else is the best dj in the world. Wash, rinse, then 3 months later, lets start the cycle over again.

Its like he has to make sure all the new people who joined in the most recent 3 months has to hear his bullshit.

well when you're saying a DJ is the best, to me, all that is is expressing your taste in a particular style or type of music( You are mainly identifying what gets you jumpin :bounce::bounce::bounce: ). I mean we are not all mental and musical clones, we all have varying tastes, which also can change through time, the same way a DJ's style and quality of music may change through time....

hey SOJ sorry my words bother you so much, anyhow. Much like in this topic was said that tiesto is the greatest dj in the world, Well for what reasons really? Cause he was voted by people. My picks for greatest djs in the world are based on LONGETIVITY, TECHNICAL SKILLS, MUSICAL DIVERSITY, FAN APPEAL, AND RESPECT FROM PEERS. With that being said that is the only reason why i stated MY particular picks. Im not saying for you nor anyone else to accept them.

hey SOJ sorry my words bother you so much, anyhow. Much like in this topic was said that tiesto is the greatest dj in the world, Well for what reasons really? Cause he was voted by people. My picks for greatest djs in the world are based on LONGETIVITY, TECHNICAL SKILLS, MUSICAL DIVERSITY, FAN APPEAL, AND RESPECT FROM PEERS. With that being said that is the only reason why i stated MY particular picks. Im not saying for you nor anyone else to accept them.

gabe... tiesto is ALWAYS touring... he's dedicated to pleasing his fans.. the man certainly knows how to mix 2 records together and apparently millions of people love what he does... being in the game for a while has nothing to do with skill... i remember the dmc championships back in 2001.. this kid who picked up his first set of turntables a year and a half prior to the contest won.. he tossed all those crazy dj's.. spinbad, roc raida, hurricane... basically longetivity means dick in the entertainment industry...

i agree 200%

people forget about you in the entertainment industry VERY quickly if you dont stay fresh...and even then....its all about being NEW that attracts the attention...

But that's why I respect DJ's like Cox & Tenaglia more. They have longevity AND manage to stay fresh. In my opinion Tiesto is going the way of Vanilla Ice & MC Hammer in that he's just grabbing every opportunity and trying to make as much money as possible. There is nothing wrong with that and it's fine if that's what he wants, but you can't tell me that these things won't damage his career in the long run. I think 10 years from now we'll be talking about Tiesto in the same way we talk about Oakie now...

The whole #1 DJ thing isn't all it's cracked up to be either. Mainly it's more for marketing so DJ's can charge more to spin. Yes people voted him #1, but the amount of people who vote in these things(60,000 last year) is tiny compared to the total amount of EDM fans worldwide (millions). It's a lot like artists like N-Sync, Backstreet Boys, & Britney get voted #1 on TRL. It's because most people over 18 don't give a shit enough to call in and vote...

:laugh:

to all you people that worship tiesto, just remember he is a puppet.

He is ID&T's little bitch toy.

the kid was doing ADMIN work for the label, and they decided to make him into "their" vision of a superstar dj.

tools

thats one opinion... but ya gotta remember the kid has talent... whether he is a puppet on id&t's strings or not he's an ill dj... noway around it... for the haters check out DJ tiesto live @ energy 2000.. guaranteed it will be the best 70 minutes of trance you will ever hear...

yeah he may be slipping a bit and turning into a rockstar, but he still kills it... noway around that...

LONGETIVITY, TECHNICAL SKILLS, MUSICAL DIVERSITY, FAN APPEAL, AND RESPECT FROM PEERS

Ok, lets break it down.

Best DJ of 2004.

Longevity - Um...what part of Best DJ of 2004 do you not understand. They didn't say Best DJ of the 20th and 21st Century. TWO THOUSAND FOUR. Lets read it again. T W O T H O U S A N D F O U R. Get it? Got it? Good.

Technical Skills - I don't care how good you are on 2 decks and a mixer. I don't care if you can flip the turntable and do a somersault backflip while mixing. If your track selection sucks and you can't get the crowd moving, all your skills are a waste of time. No one cares now nor ever in the future about the kid in the basement doing crazy tricks on a mixer and turntables while playing country music.

Musical Diversity - How diverse are most DJ's? DT plays tech-house, tribal, progressive. Most DJ's are invariably pigeon holed into a style. Tiesto is Trace, vocals, progressive and techno. Name any DJ and they have some musical diversity but they never go too far off the edge.

Fan Appeal - Helllllo McFly. Tiesto won a popularity contest hands down. He fills stadiums full of people. He has mass fan appeal.

Respect From Peers - Ok, you got me. He gets no respect. He's almost as bad as Oakie. No one gives him any respect. Call him Tiesto "Rodney Dangerfield". Like he gives a rats ass.

Like I said, I think Tiesto sucks ass and plays music that has no soul, but that's just my opinion. Do I care? No. Will I go listen to him? No. Do I think he SHOULD be the best DJ? Hells no. Is he the best DJ of 2004 by most measurable standards? You better believe it.

"DT plays tech-house, tribal, progressive." i guess you havent heard him enough, if thats what you think Dt "only" plays SOJ. Technical skills to me included TRACK SELECTION sorry for not making that point. And believe me a dj can train wreck a lot and still be great or not mix at all and still be great.