Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about move "Party Monster"?

it's shot at limelight, definitely ... which was the home of the disco 2k parties.

you should also check out the documentary 'party monster', it has original footage of the parties (better). if you enjoyed learning about that whole scene, you should be floored by the dvd 'the legend of leigh bowery' ; as dj johnny dynnell puts it, "they were all insects next to leigh"...

it's shot at limelight, definitely ... which was the home of the disco 2k parties.

you should also check out the documentary 'party monster', it has original footage of the parties (better). if you enjoyed learning about that whole scene, you should be floored by the dvd 'the legend of leigh bowery' ; as dj johnny dynnell puts it, "they were all insects next to leigh"...

I'm looking for valid information......shot at limelite? haha thats funny considering limelite was closed before production of this movie started....and if you meant to say avalon then say avalon simple as that b/c limelite was the place where drugs were all over better rooms...avalon is a building with music that sucks and should be shut the fuck down

you should see the movie "kids" if you miss the tunnel

That is one fucked up movie... LoL... And before I watched it I had no clue the Tunnel was in it. As I was watching I was like this place really looks like the Tunnel. Then I saw the Bar Upstairs and was like shit this is the Tunnel... Definately brought back some memories.

I have the original documentary DVD and i saw McCauley's version too. Notice i own the original and not the latter. The documentary is way more interesting and the live footage included is just amazing sometimes a little corny, but was great and was well laid out

The hollywood version is based on the book written by james st. james. The focus in the film is about Michael but it puts heavier emphasis on James st. james part in the whole story.

The hollywood version is for sure worth renting and a few people get together get really really stoned and start that bitch up. You could do the same for the documentary but you will be more intrigued than entertained. Again all in my opinion, but if your going to buy either of them, i would go with the documentary, an unbaised look at the whole story.

That is one fucked up movie... LoL... And before I watched it I had no clue the Tunnel was in it. As I was watching I was like this place really looks like the Tunnel. Then I saw the Bar Upstairs and was like shit this is the Tunnel... Definately brought back some memories.

when i first saw it back in '95 or whatever i only knew about it because of this kid that skated with us that always said he was in the movie (i cant remember his name for shit but he was one of the black dudes in the flick) but then when i saw it, i was like damn theres something all too familiar about this crap... but till this day i still laugh and joke around about that moron leo fitzpatrick or whatever his name is "telly" in the movie i believe when he says "i swear i fucked to virgins..."

nope, those scenes where not shot in limelight. The movie was ok, I hear from people who went to those nights that it's exactly how they all acted and everything. Most ppl seem intrigued about what limelight used to be but when they actually see the movie while being sober, hate it, durf.

havent seen the movie as of yet, ive not seen it available anywhere in ireland.

have seen a few c4 documentrys, and there was a great article on it with an interview with alig in dj mag a few years back. crazy stuff.

thats the drugs for ya ;)