Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dear Jonathan Peters,

a lot of domestic djs could fall into that category, no just jp. argument goes the other way around, half the board had no clue who nic fancuili was when he spun here a week ago, although the guy is big in europe.

Does anyone outside of america know who JP is...

No..

End of conversation.

I love how so many people can critisize JP's productions or ANY production for that matter. You can say you dont lke it., but to open up a thread to write:

DEAR JP - YOUR PRODUCTIONS SUCK

is just plain wrong. I bet you most of the people who talk shit like that dont know the FIRST thing about music production. (ACID DOES NOT COUNT PEOPLE)

Acid doesn't count....but is a program used by some producers who have released banging records wont name names but don't put something down unless you truly know everything about it

half the board had no clue who nic fancuili was when he spun here a week ago, although the guy is big in europe.

The difference is that Fancuilli is on a North American tour getting his name out there. JP could never get a European tour. He will never be more than an east coast phenomenon...

Does anyone outside of america know who JP is...

No..

End of conversation.

I'm not defending JP, but that attitude is just fucking ignorant.... Why do u feel the need to look outside of US to justify a DJ, we have plenty of talented DJ's right here in the U.S of A. I mean yea no doubt theres talent DJ's all over the world... but their not the only dj's out there... and you dont know if people outside of the U.S know JP, u can assume or guess but U DONT KNOW!

The difference is that Fancuilli is on a North American tour getting his name out there. JP could never get a European tour. He will never be more than an east coast phenomenon...

whoa lets not get crazy....i dont think people in DC or MURRY'land know who JP is...he's NYC-FLA ...and thats cause half the people in FLA r from NYC

whoa lets not get crazy....i dont think people in DC or MURRY'land know who JP is...he's NYC-FLA ...and thats cause half the people in FLA r from NYC

Throw Boston in there too... He used to have a residency up there as well...

wow it's been about a week without jp drama... i was startign to get the shakes...

but... he's a local dj people... im nto speaking for jp but maybe that's all he wants to be... or maybe he's like jon madden and he's scared to fly so he stays local.. whatever the case is, he's a local dj...

while you may not like his track selection the man has phenomenal(sp) mixing skills.. he's a turntablist and he takes DJ'ing to a whole new level.. how many of the top 100 dj's are doing remixes on the fly and looping songs and shit... MOST!!! most of them just mix songs... push the crossfader an inch to the other side...

for all the haters you also have to understand that jp spins 15+ hour sets weekly... you wont find many dj's spinning that many hours because it's tough to do... it's tough to be on the ball when it comes to mixing after you have been standing on your feet for 6+ hours... i would like to see JP do a regular 4-5 hour set and see what comes of it... no filler just pure bangers... would be interesting but it seems like he doesnt do that.. and also with all these haters i bet the last time they saw him was at sf..

i bet if people started dressing like the dirtbag DT crowd and put the armani shirts to rest, took the spiker out of their hair and stopped going to the gym he would have a bigger following... but people love to hate on jp for his crowd... im gonna go with the ever classic "i bet they probably got beat up my some spikey haired guido" comment to end this post... thanks all

But TIMMY REGISFORD plays 12-15 hr sets every week as well. And JUNIOR VASQUEZ was known for playing at least 15hr sets at the ORIGINAL SOUNDFACTORY (27TH ST) LARRY LEVAN did many a marathon sets as well and from what i read and find hard to believe sometimes but RON HARDY played 72hrs straight at THE MUSIC BOX in CHI TOWN. JP as a technical dj yes has skills and track selection is not my style but he does have his huge following and that CANT BE DENIED. But he is just a LOCAL guy thats all. But being from nyc i will stick up for him if its said his legacy is WORTHLESS but i will also point out theres many flaws within that legacy, but nonetheless he is a NYC legend cant deny that.

wait....wait....JP is SO international....

He rips it up in Cancun every spring break with Skribbles...

stop the hate!!!!!!!!!!

techinically it is international... but thats not impt.... Honestly... I think that if get a well known gig during the WMC that stands for something on the DJ resume

Who cares what everyone else thinks...its your own opinions. Its not like im gonna sit here and think about my taste in music or DJ's cause someone thinks he sucks.

Im sure SilverBull could care less if we do not like someone that he likes. The issue here is all the ignorance that is displayed by this. NOT EVERYONE CAN LIKE THE SAME THING.

Think of this. Has your musical tastes changed. I know mine has. I used to like Hard Trance back in the day. Now I cant stand it. And this is myself. Now imagine all the factors in other peoples taste in music.

Dont doubt who you like musically or feel you have to argue for them. JP did what he did and any MORON with half a brain cell (left) can see that it was a great run and something had to be right.

Keep your tastes yours. Spare us this non-sense on these (already) garbage-ridden boards.

Tek

Who cares what everyone else thinks...its your own opinions. Its not like im gonna sit here and think about my taste in music or DJ's cause someone thinks he sucks.

Im sure SilverBull could care less if we do not like someone that he likes. The issue here is all the ignorance that is displayed by this. NOT EVERYONE CAN LIKE THE SAME THING.

Think of this. Has your musical tastes changed. I know mine has. I used to like Hard Trance back in the day. Now I cant stand it. And this is myself. Now imagine all the factors in other peoples taste in music.

Dont doubt who you like musically or feel you have to argue for them. JP did what he did and any MORON with half a brain cell (left) can see that it was a great run and something had to be right.

Keep your tastes yours. Spare us this non-sense on these (already) garbage-ridden boards.

Tek

Truth of the matter is these boards were invented for the exchange of opinions... If one person feels something, he'll go ahead and say it, while another may not side with his/her opinion they are at no fault for stating theirs, its not ignorance. But I'll tell you what I have noticed.... And all the JP "Haters" can try to understand this, I've been on these boards for a while now and I see from time to time a lot of opinions on JP... No matter how you slice it, they guy constatly gets recognition(whether its good or bad). So the more people post about how much they hate JP or think he's lost it, or think he's sucks, while they might be opinions, they still contribute to the overall popularity that he's been getting for a long ass time.

Where I stand....

JP is a talented DJ, his methods of spinning are relatively unique to an extent... His PAST SF style and productions have faded due to certain chemical influence(IN MY OPINION), he is still capable of making dope tracks and his career move to leave spirit was very smart... He's been on one long ass rollercoaster, from 7yrs straight at SF to black to spirit.... I mean c'mon give the guy a break. He is a lot more intimiate with his fan base than a lot of dj's, and thats the way he wants it to be...... He kept all this time in the dark for selfish purposes and shortly after it was officially released that shit hit 1 on the billboard.... The guy has talent, he just lost his purpose i think between all the drama at spirit and everything else... Let the guy be and see what he does next.

Where I stand....

JP is a talented DJ, his methods of spinning are relatively unique to an extent... His PAST SF style and productions have faded due to certain chemical influence(IN MY OPINION), he is still capable of making dope tracks and his career move to leave spirit was very smart... He's been on one long ass rollercoaster, from 7yrs straight at SF to black to spirit.... I mean c'mon give the guy a break. He is a lot more intimiate with his fan base than a lot of dj's, and thats the way he wants it to be...... He kept all this time in the dark for selfish purposes and shortly after it was officially released that shit hit 1 on the billboard.... The guy has talent, he just lost his purpose i think between all the drama at spirit and everything else... Let the guy be and see what he does next.

well put... :aright::aright:

how many of the top 100 dj's are doing remixes on the fly and looping songs and shit...

most real djs will do this (i know the usual nyc: jr, dt, vc, peter, ...) do ; sasha/digweed/... do.

jp spins 15+ hour sets weekly... you wont find many dj's spinning that many hours because it's tough to do... it's tough to be on the ball when it comes to mixing after you have been standing on your feet for 6+ hours...

what's that? a physical endurance contest? do they get to pee in the test tube afterwards?

i bet if people started dressing like the dirtbag DT crowd and put the armani shirts to rest, took the spiker out of their hair and stopped going to the gym

err...yeah...i'd rather go with the dirtbag look, it's the latest from mugatu right? he's so hot right now...

zoolander3.jpg

Every DJ is a local DJ in the beginning. No one is an overnight international superstar. Sasha & Digweed, Carl Cox, DT, & others were all local DJ's at one point. The thing is that at somepoint people in the industry saw the kind of talent these individuals had and took a chance to get these guys out there and get the exposure they needed to become who they are today. JP has had several high profile residencies in this city. The fact that no one has given him a shot in Europe or even in some spots on the west coast speaks volumns... I'm not buying the "maybe he just wants to stay local" excuse. You don't get in this type of business to be known at one club or city. That's like a baseball player saying he enjoys being the third string shortstop...The fact that he spins 15 hour nights doesn't mean a lot to me either. I would guess that he does that because he doesn't get too many gigs out of the tri state area... Go out and listen to what you like, but if JP was all that it would have been recognized a while ago...

I heard some of your music today and it was GARBAGE.

I dont think concentrating on producing is going to help.

XOXO

FW

lol. there is a difference between peoples opions on music (mainly labeling music garbage , wack or whatever) and telling the facts. as in songs being on billboard charts and what not. Now if u think a producers whose songs have been up there on billboard charts should not concentrate on producing because u dont like it. That dont justify this dumb thread. just my 3 cents. :gang::gang::gang:

Every DJ is a local DJ in the beginning. No one is an overnight international superstar. Sasha & Digweed, Carl Cox, DT, & others were all local DJ's at one point. The thing is that at somepoint people in the industry saw the kind of talent these individuals had and took a chance to get these guys out there and get the exposure they needed to become who they are today. JP has had several high profile residencies in this city. The fact that no one has given him a shot in Europe or even in some spots on the west coast speaks volumns... I'm not buying the "maybe he just wants to stay local" excuse. You don't get in this type of business to be known at one club or city. That's like a baseball player saying he enjoys being the third string shortstop...The fact that he spins 15 hour nights doesn't mean a lot to me either. I would guess that he does that because he doesn't get too many gigs out of the tri state area... Go out and listen to what you like, but if JP was all that it would have been recognized a while ago...

i dont think it has to do with no one giving him a shot. i think its more he has never wanted to. Also there are alot of local dj's who dont have it like jp does who play oversees all the time.

also one thing that helps get gigs over sees is from producing tracks. but since he does not release much well there u go.