Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the real deal behind JP's departure from Spirit?

The reason I ask is because the last time I went to Spirit was back on Halloween. I haven't posted here in a while and then all of sudden I heard on the radio the other day that Peter Rauhoffer is now the resident at Spirit. Then I heard many folks here say that JP's over the hill, some speculate that he got fired, some said he quit to work on some other productions of his, and some say he just needed time off. Could it of been he wasn't getting paid enough? I just want to know the real reason or reasons why he's no longer there? I know many will say to look at some previous posts or who cares because he's no longer there anymore, but I just like to hear from some of you all on this issue to formulate my own opinon on it. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

before jp spirit had djs like roger sanchez, hernan cattaneo, satoshi tomiie, and hector romero come in and it would rock...jp come and he could only pack a nightclub when its a special event like classics. I was told he was fired for his performances and his turnouts. His productions are horrible and his theme parties are weak. They need to come up with some new ideas. Spirit will be alot better from now on

I think that he just had problems with the management at Spirit....he's doing a Saturday night at Roxy next month, and I wouldn't be surprised if it led to a residency...he says that he's tired and that he wants some more free time to himself, but I honestly think that it was Spirit...it's a horrible nightclub

def. not every time i go to crobar i see ppl fucked out of there mind. dt thid past sat. all i saw was ppl being carried, over heating and stombling all over the place. just my 2 cents.

there are fucked up people everywhere, however, while at DT this past Sat, never have I been hit on/pursued/talked down to/grabbed/harassed by more DRUNKEN A**HOLES than evere b4...not common at a DT party

you may not have noticed this b/c obviously, you are a guy

@ Spirit, the majority of the people are for one reason, for JP; everyone has the same mind set. But that is my personal opinion.

I believe that the management of Spirit wants the cheesy young tina crowd outta there and bring in the trendy, alcohol drinkin "i'm no longer in the scene cause I wear a collared buttoned up shirt crowd" - that's how Spirit was when they first opened.

there are fucked up people everywhere, however, while at DT this past Sat, never have I been hit on/pursued/talked down to/grabbed/harassed by more DRUNKEN A**HOLES than evere b4...not common at a DT party

you may not have noticed this b/c obviously, you are a guy

@ Spirit, the majority of the people are for one reason, for JP; everyone has the same mind set. But that is my personal opinion.

I believe that the management of Spirit wants the cheesy young tina crowd outta there and bring in the trendy, alcohol drinkin "i'm no longer in the scene cause I wear a collared buttoned up shirt crowd" - that's how Spirit was when they first opened.

im sorry to hear about you being harassed, thats no fun! and you do have a good point, spirit seems to have alot of that going on. i noticed it not only when jp was there but also when many other dj's were there. what are ouy goin to do. your right it is every where. hope your future clud experiences are better!

im sorry to hear about you being harassed, thats no fun! and you do have a good point, spirit seems to have alot of that going on. i noticed it not only when jp was there but also when many other dj's were there. what are ouy goin to do. your right it is every where. hope your future clud experiences are better!

Please use spell check or at least check your response before submitting. :ghey:

i just got neg rep points for laughing :huh:

:rofl::rofl:

Nuthin but haters...what do you expect?

BORIS - now I hope that's a joke, LOL

LUZ - what are you talking about?? Sleazeside is where its at...talk about freak show...I hope you can come down sport a hot bikini...but dont get upset when guidos hit on you ;)

haha seaside is hilarious. i really feel bad for the people that live there all year round. but then again those are probably the same people that i laugh at when im down there.

Nuthin but haters...what do you expect?

BORIS - now I hope that's a joke, LOL

LUZ - what are you talking about?? Sleazeside is where its at...talk about freak show...I hope you can come down sport a hot bikini...but dont get upset when guidos hit on you ;)

haha seaside is hilarious. i really feel bad for the people that live there all year round. but then again those are probably the same people that i laugh at when im down there.

yes, Seaside is the only place that you can rent a home for $1200 a year, but a SUMMER RENTAL is $7000 for 3 months...

you gettin house this year son? Tempts is gonna be sickkkk LOL

and those shitholes they call motels are even worse. stayed there only two times, one time the motel wasn't that bad, considering if you sat down on the toilet your knees were hitting the sink. but at least it was clean.

second motel was absolutely horrid, smelled like awful ass as soon as we walked in, tried opening some windows to make things better cause we thought it was just a smell, no luck. stains on the matress the whole deal, lol, ended up sleeping on top of some towels.

yes, Seaside is the only place that you can rent a home for $1200 a year, but a SUMMER RENTAL is $7000 for 3 months...

you gettin house this year son? Tempts is gonna be sickkkk LOL