Clubplanet Nightlife Community

telling male friends to back off

lollie60

got this friend who just seperated with his wife & son. Now that he's single he's calling me to hang out. I didn't call him back and he starts getting mad at me like I'm his gf or something

When he told me " I'm single now" he sounded waay too happy. He thinks I'm attractive and one time we were at Halo he was dancing and he was trying to touch me . I told him to stop .

I don't find him physically attractive and when I tell him he makes me uncomfortable he laughs it off and tells me I'm exaggerating and that he's not interested .

I have male friends but this guy is waaay too affectionate. Asking me for a hug everytime I see him . If I talk to another guy in front of him he acts like a jealous bf.

WTF is his problem ? and I told him last nite - don't call me . You need to find yourself another female companion and he says " I'm not interested in you" .

I don't trust him. I don't like hanging out with him becuz he's always trying to put his hands on me one way or other.

Does he sound like an asshole ? He just doesn't get it . If I tell him to back off he doesn't take me serisouly . Tells me I'm paranoid and crazy.

got this friend who just seperated with his wife & son. Now that he's single he's calling me to hang out. I didn't call him back and he starts getting mad at me like I'm his gf or something

When he told me " I'm single now" he sounded waay too happy. He thinks I'm attractive and one time we were at Halo he was dancing and he was trying to touch me . I told him to stop .

I don't find him physically attractive and when I tell him he makes me uncomfortable he laughs it off and tells me I'm exaggerating and that he's not interested .

I have male friends but this guy is waaay too affectionate. Asking me for a hug everytime I see him . If I talk to another guy in front of him he acts like a jealous bf.

WTF is his problem ? and I told him last nite - don't call me . You need to find yourself another female companion and he says " I'm not interested" .

I don't trust him. I don't like hanging out with him becuz he's always trying to put his hands on me one way or other.

Does he sound like an asshole ? He just doesn't get it . If I tell him to back off he doesn't take me serisouly . Tells me I'm paranoid and crazy.

Hmmm. Sounds like this guy is determined! If my sister was telling me about this problem i would tell her to try and ignore him. Since he seems to have some issues, any attention you give him; even negative attention is going to make him want you more. The best thing you can do is just ignore him completely! For example: If he calls, just ignore the call, dont pick it up and dont even listen to the voice mail. Just delete the voice mails as he leaves them. I bet if you do that for a little while he will get the hint. Negative attention to some insecure people is better then none at all so dont even bother with any response. If he continues after a couple of weeks you might just have to take it up a level. But before you do anything like that just try to ignore. Good Luck.

Jeff

Guest onisakura
I ignored his calls . But he calls the day after and leaves annoying messages on my voicemail.

I called him and said : "find another friend"

Yeah, id stay away from him. Did you know his wife? Obviously something isn't too kosher there with him.....

nope I never met his wife

I've known him or maybe 2 years and he'd tell my sister how he's so attracted me and shit.

This guy is scaring me. Usually I call him back but this weekend I didn't becuz I know he's alone now and he starts bitching about " You used to call me right back all the time and now you don't call me back ?'

DOes he sound crazy or what ?

Guest onisakura

I've known him or maybe 2 years and he'd tell my sister how he's so attracted me and shit.

This guy is scaring me. Usually I call him back but this weekend I didn't becuz I know he's alone now and he starts bitching about " You used to call me right back all the time and now you don't call me back ?'

Totally.

Yes he does: how good of friends were you? tell him how it is, if he keeps calling just don't return calls

I already told him a few times how it is but he thinks we're close

I don't consider him that close but he thinks we are ..

the fucked up part is he tells me I'm the crazy one and that I'm imagining things .. what an asswipe

I say he loves you and for that, he probably pays a lot of attention to what you do and say, don't forget...If you don't like him romanticly, he knows that from way before you ever considered it...now, he's trying to "mr. perfecto mundo" to at least stay by your side (even if it's only as a friend)...he'll take what he can get because he likes being around you and shit and stuff ;) so...you need to talk and be direct, unless you also like the little chase game...aha!

I think that shit can be tiring and it never leads anywhere but to more confusion and sometimes very bad blood between people that once were probably best friends and shit and stuff, you know?

so I say, fuck him! :biggrin:

that's why...spend quality time with yourself as well, sounds like you're "hanging out" with this dude...you don't need really to be surrounded all the time...if someone spends too much time with you and ends up liking you or falling in love you or just wanting to get in bed with you, or just watch tv...it's not an accident...rather a consequence.

one way is to come up with good excuses and get rid of him like that, little by little he'll get the picture...or else, you can get a restraining order ;) or get him involved with an international web of smugglers, then tell the police...he goes to jail and ba-da-beem...your problem is solved!!!

trust me, you don't want anyone liking you "too much" if you don't like them the same way back...that's life. :)

it's annoying and gets on my nerves ..it's like having someone breathing down your neck and on your case all the time

I don't want this guy liking that much. people like him don't get the hint

I'm sure guys that have female friends that "like" them feel annoyed too

jesus - I think people would be better off without any friends of the opposite sex.

See..men & women could never be friends .

it's annoying and gets on my nerves ..it's like having someone breathing down your neck and on your case all the time

jesus - I think people would be better off without any friends of the opposite sex.

not necessarily and that's were your problem started...you live you learn and that's all...if this guy fell for you, it's because you showed him a good time or without wanting, sent the wrong signals (not your fault, that's just how it is)...it's not like you are perfect or anything, he likes you as you are or however he sees you or thinks you are (he idealizes you)...now, you're not going to be with everyone that likes you, of course, so...be more careful next time and that's all there is, he's not a monster or anything...things are just not the way he'd wanted them to be...I think you'd be a bigger better person if you had the balls to confront him.

aha! :eek:

i dont agree with ya there.. but if that will make you feel more comfortable from now on then stay away from male friends :idea:

Ever heard the song from Nada Surf "Popular"?

here are the lyrics, check it out...funny as shit, but all true...problem solved!

(two girls talking over one another)

there comes a time in every girl's life when she's really got to ask herself: "Is she ready to be going steady?"

there comes a time where she's got to ask herself:

"steady or not? Do u really want to be johnnny's steady?"

Well, first of all,lets see if dating this one boy Johnny......

Three important rules for breaking up

Don't put off breaking up when you know you want to

Prolonging the situation only makes it worse

Tell him honestly, simply, kindly, but firmly

Don't make a big production

Don't make up an elaborate story

This will help you avoid a big tear jerking scene

If you wanna date other people say so

Be prepared for the boy to feel hurt and rejected

Even if you've gone together for only a short time,

And haven't been too serious,

There's still a feeling of rejection

When someone says she preferres the company of others

To your exclusive company,

But if you're honest, and direct,

And avoid making a flowery emotional speech when you brake the news,

The boy will respect you for your frankness,

And honestly he'll apeciate the kind of straight foward manner

In which you told him your decision

Unless he's a real jerk or a cry baby you will remain friends

I'm head of the class

I'm popular

I'm a quarter back

I'm popular

My mom says I'm a catch

I'm popular

I'm never last picked

I got a cheerleader chick

Being attractive is the most important thing there is

If you wanna catch the biggest fish in your pond

You have to be as attractive as possible

Make sure to keep your hair spotless and clean

Wash it at least every two weeks

Once every two weeks

And if you see Johnny football hero in the hall

Tell him he played a great game

Tell him you like his article in the newspaper

I'm the party star

I'm popular

I've got my own car

I'm popular

I'll never get caught

I'm popular

I make football bets

I'm a teachers pet.

I propose we support a one month limit on going steady

I think It will keep you both more able to deal with weird situations

And get to know more people

I think if you're ready to go out with Johnny

Now's the time to tell him about your one month limit

He wont mind he'll apreciate your fresh look on dating

And once you've dated someone else you can date him again

I'm sure he'll like it

Everyone will appreciate it

You're so novel, what a good idea

You can keep your time to your self

You don't need date insurance

You can go out with whoever you want to

Every boy, every boy in the whole world could be yours

If you'll just listen to my plan

THE TEENAGE GUIDE TO POPULARITY

I'm head of the class

I'm popular

I'm a quarter back

I'm popular

My mom says I'm a catch

I'm popular

I'm never last picked

I got a cheerleader chick

I'm the party star

I'm popular

I've got my own car

I'm popular

I'll never get caught

I'm popular

I'm the teacher's pet

I make football bets

sounds like he's trying to fill the void left by his ex....he's acting out on his new found freedom...trying to find a quick rebound. If I were you, I'd tell him how you feel. If he can't respect you enough to keep his distance, then he was never a friend. You don't need that shit

is it wrong for me to say

I THINK IM IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE WITH YOU

in this topic? :type::love: LOL

PS

Hi roller & Onika

He does sound like an ass...if you're making it clear that you don't like him romantically, he should just to just back off, that this isn't a tenacity issue...sometimes, it's really really annoying when you make something blatantly clear and guys can't take the hint..

the more you make it seem like its something, the more its gonna be something. stop telling him to back off and dont make a big deal out of it. just blow it all off and dont hang out with him alone, dont return his call, dont even listen to his msgs like someone else said. and if he gets weird and is like why didnt you call me back and all that, act irritated and be like i was busy. and if he asks whats wrong, say nothing. dont even get into it with him because all he will do is over analyz everything you say so he hears what he wants. "i don't like you like that" becomes 'she must have been hurt before and thinks ima do her wrong like that...ill prove to her im different' or something.