Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOUSE MUSIC and YOU

sorry for not using the term EDM (cause i dont like it) and sorry for the trance and techno fans for not asking. Maybe someone else can ask the smae questions for that genre.

Anyhow what is it to you, is it something you only do on weekends, download music (illegally, which means not supporting artists) only doing it cause your not dating, only go CLUBBING to get laid to hang with friends. And only do it cause you think its cool and only will do it cause your in your 20s. Do you support the smaller parties that keep the spirit alive or only go out for big names.

Or is it a LIFESTYLE your whole world revolves around the scheduling of parties and djs. You go and buy music at stores or download legally. You support parties that are the present and future of the culture. Do you teach or try to teach others the history of where it comes from and what it means to you. Do you try to bring people out and make them understand what the culture is about. Do you do your best to spread the message to anyone and everywhere, stores, trains, work, clubs, rest. People who shake thier heads to the sounds of your headphones when you walk in somewhere.

IM just trying to figure out who on this board is a CASUAL fan and whos is HOUSE for lack of better term. So where do you fit in.

definitiely buying their cds cuz i appreciate them and their musik, goin to clubs when i can afford it, downloading the songs whether its illegally or legally (basically whereever its available)

HERES ANOTHER QUESTION

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE DJ WAS GREAT @ ONE TIME AND ISNT ANYMORE . . . WOULD U STILL SUPPORT HIM? BE IN DENIAL THAT THEY ARE STILL GOOD? EXCEPT THAT HIS TIME IS UP?

HERES ANOTHER QUESTION

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE DJ WAS GREAT @ ONE TIME AND ISNT ANYMORE . . . WOULD U STILL SUPPORT HIM? BE IN DENIAL THAT THEY ARE STILL GOOD? EXCEPT THAT HIS TIME IS UP?

i will use junior vaquez as an example, he may not be playing or producing the music that once made me a fan of his. And he seems to have slip in my opinion but i will never disrespect him or say he sucks, cause he is truly one the greatest djs ever. And if ya dont agree then thats cause you dont know any better.

I will also use david morales as an example as well, hes a legend as well but now hes not playing the stuff that mde him that way as well. But he does have a balance with his music so thats great for him.

with Morales it depends where you hear him. at Deep in LA he wouldn't play as hard as he does at like Crobar or Spirit...

anyway, i'm all about the music. i don't go out for chicks or anything else. just music :)

david actually played a funky ass set last time @ crobar..no hard shit..it was a great reprieve from the usual bullshit being played in NYC

House music is one of my true loves. Not too enthused about the scene at this point (which is not to say that there aren't some decent parties going on right now throughout NY that are up my alley, because there are). Just don't have the time or energy to enjoy as many spots around NY as I used to not so long ago. My vinyl collection is pretty deep, and I still collect vinyl. As long as I have my favorite house tunes at my disposal to throw on the tables at any given moment, whenever I feel like rolling a phatty, that's all that counts. Also, luckily enough, some of my favorite NY djs are very good friends, so when we catch up for small get togethers, we all share our appreciation for one of the most beautiful, diverse genres of music.

I've loved house music for years, and that will never change. It will always be a part of my life in some way.

To me it means alot actually.. cause by going to parties i met alot of really good friends. and it makes me dance for Hours And Hours And hours with OUT"

the use of any drugs.. i think thats what separates me from alot of "dancers"

in the scene... for real fo real.

To me it means alot actually.. cause by going to parties i met alot of really good friends. and it makes me dance for Hours And Hours And hours with OUT"

the use of any drugs.. i think thats what separates me from alot of "dancers"

in the scene... for real fo real.

why must you mention in about 99.9% of your post how long you can dance for "without the use of any drugs"?

nobody cares

What can i say. You are truly one of the greatest DJs alive. If not, the greatest. The control you had over your crowd last night....was amazing. you had everyone in the palm of your hand. Speaking as a DJ that is trying to come up in the scene, you are truly an inspiration. You truly love what you do, and I could see that from the floor. Last night gave me new hope. I felt a really great vibe everywhere. Granted it was packed with meatheads but still, there was nuttin but love. every time i was pushed, at least i got an apology. You reflect your wonderful vibe through the speakers and out to your crowd. I hope that one day i could affect my crowd as you do. You truly reflect what new york house music is all about. Thank you for "being yourself".

god bless,

AL

I feel that my life sometimes revolves to much around the music. Then sometimes on come on this board and read some of the thoughts and insights of other "clubplanet peeps" and feel like a totally amatuer. In all honesty i started loosing touch with some friends cause all i wanted to talk about was last night DJ set and how amazing it was ...

Overall though i download live sets from DJ's. Rarely do I go lookin for their albums. I always felt that their true skills and style is totally reflected in the live sets. I do though have to start making a conscious effort to show support and buy an LP or two

Bottom line .. I listen to music at all times. Silence to me is deafing, at home, work, car, shower, sex ... music is there. I appreciate all genre's as well. Music can make the mood or at least compliment it well...

why must you mention in about 99.9% of your post how long you can dance for "without the use of any drugs"?

nobody cares

Cause like myself who never uses drugs either, it shows that its the music that gives you the high to enjoy the night. Well for some people at least ya know. As for morales i keep hearing how he plays amazing after like 4 or 5am when crobars main crowd leaves. Kinda like morillo as well have to go thru hrs and hrs of nonsense b4 the music gets better (imo).

I am definitely not a casual fan. House (and techno/trance to a slightly lesser extent too) have been in my life since 1993 when I happened to listen to Orbital's Brown album and fell head over heels in love with this new sound I was hearing. Over the years I've bought many CDs and I value my collection greatly. If I download a track I really like, I go buy the CD cause I want it in my collection and cause I want to support these amazing artists that are so undervalued in the music industry.

I listen to dance music while I work, drive, play, and even sleep sometimes. Though I'm not a regular member of any "scene" and I don't go clubbing that often (maybe once a month due to a demanding work schedule and a partner who's not into it like me), when I do go out I'm 100% there for the music, the vibe, and the dancing all night.

Every party gets better as the night goes on and the really good ones reach a phase after about 4am, when the posers have gone home, where something magical just happens. A chemistry between the music and the people - through the DJ. You know what I'm talking about. When that happens it's like heaven and everything makes sense. I haven't experienced *anything* as emotionally uplifting as that time on the dancefloor when everyone is on exactly the same wavelength and your body and mind just ride the music. Unfortunately many parties never reach that level and some only reach it for a short time.

nobody cares

I care ... what you got a problem with that? SEE me! i'll Son you gotta love all the haters on this board always hating on either someone thats diffrent.

always get bashed for no reason all because one cock sucker wants to be funny.. dont play that shit wit me hommie..

I am definitely not a casual fan. House (and techno/trance to a slightly lesser extent too) have been in my life since 1993 when I happened to listen to Orbital's Brown album and fell head over heels in love with this new sound I was hearing. Over the years I've bought many CDs and I value my collection greatly. If I download a track I really like, I go buy the CD cause I want it in my collection and cause I want to support these amazing artists that are so undervalued in the music industry.

I listen to dance music while I work, drive, play, and even sleep sometimes. Though I'm not a regular member of any "scene" and I don't go clubbing that often (maybe once a month due to a demanding work schedule and a partner who's not into it like me), when I do go out I'm 100% there for the music, the vibe, and the dancing all night.

Every party gets better as the night goes on and the really good ones reach a phase after about 4am, when the posers have gone home, where something magical just happens. A chemistry between the music and the people - through the DJ. You know what I'm talking about. When that happens it's like heaven and everything makes sense. I haven't experienced *anything* as emotionally uplifting as that time on the dancefloor when everyone is on exactly the same wavelength and your body and mind just ride the music. Unfortunately many parties never reach that level and some only reach it for a short time.

or some dont even come close to "EVER" reaching that "Vibe" very rare but when it does happen its Great