Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I the only one that hates Crobar....?

True, but clubs are probably the worst place for meeting women...

cant argue that... in my 5 or 6 years of going to clubs.. i've only met about one chick who really did it for me... she was intelligent, genuine, sincere and very kindhearted... sadly it was her first and probbaly last time at a club (it was thanksgiving eve a few years back) unfortunately it didnt last too long bc of distance (i was away at school) but, im sure there's some decent chicks out there in clubland... but i really dont see anything wrong with dressing up to go out..this is also coming from a t-shirt, jeans and hat kinda guy.. so??

i also think a lot of people get jaded in clubland... girls, not everyguy that comes up to you is trying to get in your pants... yeah soem are, dont get me wrong, but if you completely shut your self off to every guy that appraoches you then you might let a good thing pass...

i think it all depends on where you go..

meeting nice whores is a possibility at crobar..

i wouldnt think to meet a nice whore at vinyl (pre arc)

c'mon dude... lay off the pipe... are you saying that bc you go to arc you dont have needs??? we're all human buddy, everybuddy needs to get laid once in a while...

maybe not a potential wife (even though in some cases it is possible, ex: 411...kid is basically married) but for going out, dancing, having a few drinks or if you're lucky enough to bring some girl home to fuck, how can you say a club isn't a good place to meet a woman?

Because from my experience, most women are there to chill with their friends, dance, and/or check out a specific DJ... Lets face it, most clubs are meatmarkets and women know it. That's why the girl / guy ratio in big NYC clubs is so skewed... So when they're out their "defense mechanism" (don't know what else to call it) is so high that it's not worth the effort to even bother imo... If it happens that's great, but to make it the focus of the night is a waste of time imo... Like I said, I know at least five women who won't set foot in Crobar because the assholes there make it impossible for them to enjoy themselves...

Wtf!? Since when enjoying the music and dressing up are mutually exclusive?

What kind of thinking is that?

I dress up, and go out for the music (DT, Calderone, Jr, among others.... are what I'm into musically).

If you ask me, people who make an effort and dress up are part of the party atmosphere, much more than some nazi who complains because some girl CHOOSE to wear high heels... hello! Freedom!?

And by the way, people used to dress up a lot more back in the days, and it was also much more fun (creativity and fun anyone?).

Contrary to the posters who don't get it, some of us can be multidimensional you know.

For those who can't take it, too bad!

buq.

If you ask me, people who make an effort and dress up are part of the party atmosphere, much more than some nazi who complains because some girl CHOOSE to wear high heels... hello! Freedom!?

buq.

How does an army of striped, buttondown shirts add to a party atmosphere?

How does an army of striped, buttondown shirts add to a party atmosphere?

I think there is a misunderstanding. I am talking about DRESSING-UP (think either home-made club-kid outfit, or super-crazy designer outfit, or cute stylish put-together here) ; not "pre-made-Armani-Exchange" :) [ go to duvet on thursdays to get an idea ] :: sexy is a plus.

So, to answer your question, it all depend on the shirt.

The point is there is 2 ways out of the usual badly-blah-dressed Crobar goer: down (as some mentionned) and also UP! like I prefer.

You all have great points regarding Crobar. but i don't see how you Could Hate the place...Staff is the best. (even when they kick you out) security does it's job well. there's always one when you need it but not in a menacing or harassing manner.

MUsic wise....C'mon talent is "off da hook".... the sound is the best is can be for that space.

Now... the crowd matches the Venue...if you feel out of place then it's just not your place....those of you who know me.. have seen me in all types of outfit i was in a suite for Morllilo (just got out of work)...as far as the button donw thing.. if you are worrieds about that.. then you should not be out.. I hate when people comment about how other people dress and how they're "not about the music" F*ck You.. who named you club God. When you go out, you go out for YOU. whether it's for the music, chick, dude, drugs, whatenver.... over the years I've learned that it the crowd is not Balance with a mix of everything.. then the Soup is Stale.. you gotta have the Flavor Baby.

Damn... i kinda when off there (silverbull symdrone)... anyway back to the main point.

I like CROBAR a lot.. in fact i live there.

Spirit is KOOL.. Sound is great. But not as Comfy as Crobar. for me it's the comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfast

as far as the club....love the lay out ......good sound system ..and best run in NYC...IMO

I only really go on BORIS nights.....and the crowd for those nights after 3..is all my peeps...

so i have no problems wiht it

Best in NY????? its good but not the best Spirit hands down best in the city that shit THUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...The club is big and all and they get great dj's just to much VIP...for the dj's they bring in it should be about the music and just open that shit up and dance not for whos gonna spend the most money and then also who's dressed the best.

He said best RUN club in the city, as in management and staff

Well heres my .02

if we are comparing spirit and crobar I think Crobar has to watch out for spirit.

Space wise Crobar...is designed better ----point goes to crobar

Sound wise Spirit is built better-----------point goes to spirit

Lighting wise its half and half. Crobar has the best lighting rig. Crobar has the worst lighting operator in all of NYC. Mike D is possibly the worst lighting guy around. that simple. Spirit has the best lighting operator around but the rig is not as good as crobar so its a draw

Talent wise...for NOW crobar would win.

BUT

Spirit has Peter Rauhofer twice a month

and with MADE EVENTS picking up fridays they are bringing :

Lee Burridge

Steve Lawler

Danny Tenaglia

Danny Howells

Desyn

Angel Moreas

Spirit has had :frankie knuckles, steve trovolta, junior, erick morillo, vibe, victor calderone,danny tenaglia all rock that place so I think in a month or two wait as spirit will bring itself back to where it was before jonathan peters took over every saturday night

crobar also had morillo, tenaglia, calderone etc.

Lets not forget that crobar is a chain and above all a buisness. That have investors to report to. They must make a profit and have as little trouble as possible. They get great djs because they can afford to pay them. Spirit is a local nyc club. There is a big diff. I prefer crobar because there is no bs. I get to hear world class djs, enjoy a drink and dance without a hassle. Clubbin is to go out have fun, dance, hear good tunes and not all the bs. Sure the sound isnt the best, but when its 4am and you are lost in the music it doesnt make the much of a diff. Also what makes it for me is there none of that bs door policy. If you look nice and have the money you are getiing in. Also whats so wrong being out with people that look nice? :)

Great points I agree with what you say, however there is a Spirit in Ireland and also has investors otherwise there would be no money to even build that place which was unoccupied for a while takes money to make money

i think Crobar had everyone first...... Seriously i really don't see how a real so called Clubber could Hate the place.. there's pleanty of room for you to form a click and chill with your "kind" for example.. "Chinatown" belachers at Twilo.

As they say in my hood.. "Fvck the Wolrd.. DO YOU!"

maybe not a potential wife (even though in some cases it is possible, ex: 411...kid is basically married) but for going out, dancing, having a few drinks or if you're lucky enough to bring some girl home to fuck, how can you say a club isn't a good place to meet a woman?

my point exactly !

I don't have an opinion about anything else but this.

Crobar's staff is TOP NOTCH. When I think Crobar, I think friendly staff. They contribute to the vibe of the place. Places like Spirit are like exit...rude assholes walking around with flashlights yelling at everyone. Kills the vibe.

i think Crobar had everyone first...... Seriously i really don't see how a real so called Clubber could Hate the place.. there's pleanty of room for you to form a click and chill with your "kind" for example.. "Chinatown" belachers at Twilo.

As they say in my hood.. "Fvck the Wolrd.. DO YOU!"

1) The Sound is horrible

I goto to a club for the music and naturally the sound system is the biggest thing with me. Second to that, is the DJ's crobar tends to bring in played out DJs or just plain shitty DJ's. I wanna hear up and coming international talent.

2) Hip-Hop and house dont mix they never have they never will.

3) The vibe, there is none I'm sorry assholes in button down shirts drinking stellas that dont know who is spinning ruin the vibe.

4) Its too big, I like medium size clubs I like to feel connected with DJ I want him to be able to see me smile and put my hands in the air....

5) Did I mention how incredibly shitty the sound is, my ears are always ringing when I leave, your ears are not supposed to ring....

6) Its a corporate McClub and yes this is a reason to hate a club.....

Listen man I am the definition of a true clubber....Attended well over 100 events at Vinyl/Arc/SF....I usually went straight to work still rolling from be yourself...I'm fucking hardcore.... :bigfinge:

lol

I've probably been doing this A Lot longer than you, and I will use logical deduction and guess that I am probably 5, maybe 10 years older than you.

Why is EDM the only form of music that people do this retarted shit to????????

When Bruce Springstein comes to town, do his fans put on Gucci Loafers and stupid DKNY button down shirts and try to get girls at his concerts? No.

My problem with people that dress up is that Music is not their priority, It is not the most important thing to them, so I cant understand why they are there. Just go to a bar, and take the stupid girls with you.

Yes, people should wear sweats and sneakers and baseball caps. You're there to have fun and enjoy the music.

Would you pay $50 for tickets to a sports game, and then just go there to pick up girls and do drugs? I dont understand why people do it for clubs.

I tend to disagree. As a club goer that has been clubbing on and off for a while now, (started early 90's w/limelight, paladium...) there is clearly a reason why good music starts at later time. Clubs like Crobar is in the business of making money. I and probably a lot of people on this board make up a VERY SMALL PERECENTAGE of pple that go to these big venues. We represent dare i say less than 30% of all pple that walk through Crobar. Our agenda is to go to the club and take the musical journey along with the dj. And I know that is ruined in a place like Crobar at times because of the make up of the crowd. Crowd plays a BIG factor in me having a great night out. I used to love going out to vinyl/arc until the last yr it was open due to the crowd becoming really sucky(no musical knowledge). Come to think of it, it must have changed the time that SF closed down for a while and they had no where eles to go and started ruining Danny's parties. hah ha no offense to any regular jp(<-- crazy hit or miss dj. sometimes awesome, sometimes pots and pans) fan. But everybody likes to party, and most of the people that go there go without the knowledge of who the DJ is that night. I personally think dressing up to go to a club is fine. I dress up when entertaining friends that arent really in the scen and is just looking to party once in a while.

Human race, like any other race is about attracting the opposite sex(usually). Good looking people want to show off their good looks and dress up and see other good looking people. Whats wrong with trying to look good? Clubland is def one of those places where people want to hook up and sometimes escape reality. Whether its through music, dancing, drugs, pple watching, whatever.

My main point is that Crobar is a nice venue for its PURPOSE. Music for the masses. We represent a very small portion of people that attend the bigger clubs. Goto smaller joints like cielo, sully, le souk, loft parties and you will see the majority of the patrons are there for the music. Damn this was long. my 2 cents :)

6) Its a corporate McClub and yes this is a reason to hate a club.....

Yes, Crobar does have a mcClubbing thing going on. But they had couple of good nights there: Victor afterhours, Junior Arena, & All Larry Tee events were good. Other than that, I don't feature that place, but it's possible to have something good there.

Listen man I am the definition of a true clubber....Attended well over 100 events at Vinyl/Arc/SF....I usually went straight to work still rolling from be yourself...I'm fucking hardcore.... :bigfinge:

LOL

I hate Crobar as well!!!!!!

1) sound sistem is horrible

2)When Danny Tenaglia played there they left 200 people out including me with pre-sale tickets cause they over crowd the club with people that were paying $60 to get in ..... the refound came 2 weeks later.They are greedy and how they overcrowd the club is unaceptable.

I´m not going there after paying a two ways cab to go from the upper east to midtown west and ending up in the corner deli with 3 tickets in my pocket .

I used to go a lot evendow I didn´t like the sound sistem cause I realy like some of the DJs ,.

I made my mind and I´ll never go back there again :clap2: (not going to Avalon as well)

Why?

Why does it matter how you look?

bro, that's easy to say when you're almost married... you can drape yourself in velvet and your girl wouldnt care... i bet that if things ended you wouldnt be wearing those velvet drapes out to the clubs.... i bet you'd try to clean up..

i dont know what you like but i sure as hell not gonna be attracted to a girl dressed like a bum. thats just your preference i guess, i rather look at attractive presentable good looking girls who are dressed well not in t shirt and sweat pants. yea yea i know it all about the music but some eye candy couldn't hurt. I never heard anybody say a goodlooking crowd suckks it only helps

That's in the eye of the beholder. And depends in what scene you're floading around. I think a girl in jeans, sweatpants or baggy pants for that matter can be just as attractive and sexy (with more skin covered) then all these half naked chicks that should spare us the fat rolls and get off the freaking dancefloor cause they can't dance anyway with they're heels.

And who is helped by a goodlooking crowd? The DJ ?? He's happy if you dance till you drop regardless of what you wear.

But hey...... There's always enough people that go to clubs for other reasons then the music. The nightlife always has been like that and always will be. Thanks god we have so many choices.

So that's my 2 cents.