Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crowbar Last Night!

sorry, not trying to be all nit picking about spelling but ..i love how people still spell it CROWBAR .. yes the bar of many crow's .. well then again there are usually alot of birds inside

Uhhh... a crowbar is a heavy iron bar used for prying things open, genius.

Uhhh... a crowbar is a heavy iron bar used for prying things open, genius.

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)

n.

A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

sarcasm

n : witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Johathan Swift [syn: irony, satire, caustic remark]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

--------------------------------------------------------

gen·ius ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jnys)

n. pl. gen·ius·es

Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.

A person of extraordinary intellect and talent: “One is not born a genius, one becomes a genius†(Simone de Beauvoir).

A person who has an exceptionally high intelligence quotient, typically above 140.

What shaka_zulu has called elevatedflow and is correct !

I actually have more of a peeve when people stick a "The" in front of things more than when they add an "S"

Number one being "Oh so you work at The Crobar?" ....

Or when I was younger "Yeah we're gonna head out to The Palladium later, and there's this new place, I think it's The Sound Factory, we're gonna check it out..."

Does CROBAR ever have FOAM PARTIES? Or do they have a room or floor that has foam? What clubs in NYC have FOAM all the time and in general what type of music does CROBAR play? I am coming to CROBAR on June 18th- how are those DJ's? Hard? Trance? Euro?

Any info would be helpful!

Thanks