Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha's Essential Mix

Mixmag put him on the magazine cover with the words, “The Son Of Godâ€. Sasha has been at the leading edge of dance and DJ culture since his rise from Shelly’s and The Hacienda back in the late 1980’s.

Since then his talents have taken him all over the world, and his Global Underground, Northern Exposure and Communicate mix CDs are all genre bench marks.

=======================================================

I am absolutely blown away by what this guy can do. The tracks he manipulates and what he is capable of doing with music that spans across punk rock, disco, techno, funky house, progressive trance, breakbeat and electroclash. All bundled nicely into a 2 hour set. Unfuckingbelievable is all I can say. He is least 10 years ahead of every other dj/producer on the planet. He has single handedly reshaped the world of djing and live performance.

Listen to his essential mix - Available from now until May 27th, 2005 on the BBC’s Essential Mix weekly radio show. Two hours of the most mindbending EDM. Even if you don’t like his style of music, you cannot dispute what he is doing. He has made every other dj a wannabe, has beens.....prehistoric dinosaurs still living in the past who with their ape-like minds cant comprehend what he is doing.

Unfuckingbelievable.

=======================================================

I am absolutely blown away by what this guy can do. The tracks he manipulates and what he is capable of doing with music that spans across punk rock, disco, techno, funky house, progressive trance, breakbeat and electroclash. All bundled nicely into a 2 hour set. Unfuckingbelievable is all I can say. He is least 10 years ahead of every other dj/producer on the planet. He has single handedly reshaped the world of djing and live performance.

Listen to his essential mix - Available from now until May 27th, 2005 on the BBC’s Essential Mix weekly radio show. Two hours of the most mindbending EDM. Even if you don’t like his style of music, you cannot dispute what he is doing. He has made every other dj a wannabe, has beens.....prehistoric dinosaurs still living in the past who with their ape-like minds cant comprehend what he is doing.

Unfuckingbelievable.

hes not ahead of james holden or yunus guvenen from a producer standpoint

i'd have to disagree there.

sasha has produced much better work than either of those, spanning a lot more years.

pet shop boys remixes, gusgus remixes, be as one, belfunk, heart of imagination, expander. not to mention airdrawndagger. plus he's the one who has been blurring the lines between production and live performences.

just because he dosent have the time to devote to as much production as those guys due to a hectic worldwide schedule dosent mean he's less acomplished than guys who have the time to sit at home and fart out work left right and centre.

the computer thing takes away from the term "Disc Jockey". There is no question though how amazing the mixes are, but its not DJ'ing .. he is producing music ... remixing even .. but not DJ'ing

He's still doing it live though, and I guess that's what I appreciated about it. As I said on my initial post, I have never been the biggest fan, but really enjoyed this mix. What he's doing may not be djing in the truest sense of the term, but it is certainly a skill and definitely moving music forward.

There was a short interview with Tong on his Friday night show with Sasha, and he was saying how much effort he had gone to in order to just get ready for his essential mix - interesting stuff indeed.

don't know...just sounded as if you've been reading my post for a while as if to say I don't like anything ever...maybe you've just been lurking, I don't know

but yeah, I like lots of stuff

I just seem to see lots of negative posts from you (some of them justified of course) - but I can't remember ever seeing anything positive.

I just seem to see lots of negative posts from you (some of them justified of course) - but I can't remember ever seeing anything positive.

You're right and it has been something I am trying to work on...I don't know what it is but certain people just irk me :splat:

you seem cool though...what are some of your interest/hobbies? where are you from?

no homo!

Just wondered if anyone else had listened to this? I've never been a huge fan, but have to say I really enjoyed it.

link below for anyone interested.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/essentialmix/index.shtml

I thought it was good. It had some 80's feel to it. I agree with the other posts though, its definately remixing. I was upset when djs started using cds. Just not the same.

i too a while back was opposed to using CD's......but when u see what u can do with the CDJs in regards to on the fly loops, extra tools ect. ect. its def. not a tool that should be put to the side. I give sasha props for diving into this new technology head first. Def. giving new life the DJing and making it even more of a performance now. I bought ableton recently and im slowly dabbling into it. i just cant afford a $10K custom made MIDI controller :laugh: