Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Belmar cops this summer

well every summer they get more and more annoying. Last year they tried to give our house a ticket, because a couple of kids were hanging out on our corner, who werent even in our house. I read an article that they make liek 900,000 a summer in tickets.

i think the cops there are nice....

they helped us find our car the last time we were too drunk and lost it! :D

Drunk girls.....lost?! Even a bloody rapist would have been nice to you.

One time, this is not in Belmar, but the circle in PT Pleasant, the cop said I'm going to let you go but you see that diner over there, you stop in and get a bite to eat and coffee after leaving Jenks. Lucky me!! :)

One time, this is not in Belmar, but the circle in PT Pleasant, the cop said I'm going to let you go but you see that diner over there, you stop in and get a bite to eat and coffee after leaving Jenks. Lucky me!! :)

wow u were definitely lucky, unfortunately for my friends and i, we were not that lucky...we all got summons! Shore cops really suck.....actually all cops suck:mad:

there was a pretty big article in the local paper last week about DJ's ans how it is an "ANIMAL BAR" stuff

pretty much more people are living there year round so now they making a stink about all the summer noise . . .which is stupid cause they know that when there are buying there home that there is gonna be a lot of noise in the summer there

be careful this weekend cause i think there are gonna be tough in belmar . . .

Last summer my friend got a ticket for whistling at friends as we were walking out of D'Jais. Another friend got a ticket for yelling when he told the cop it was bullshit. Then I almost got one for saying the word "doughnut" to his fat ass. A mandatory court apperance was required and the prosecutor actually laughed when he read the ticket and saw "whistling at friends" written on it. He did end up paying something like $265 for whistling. :)

I've been a bartender for 5 years now. Cops leave you alone when you are in the town of the bar you work in and some cops are mad cool. But most have a hard on for busting kids. They look for reasons to pull you over and slap ridiculous tickets on you even if you are the DD...

I'm fine with them pulling people over if it was to make sure everyone was safe, but it's just not the case...

:jerkoff:

wow u were definitely lucky, unfortunately for my friends and i, we were not that lucky...we all got summons! Shore cops really suck.....actually all cops suck:mad:

LOL that sucks, yeah got lucky another time leaving red bank on a thanksgiving eve heading home cop gave me a warning and said go straight home, I then said you don't if I get gas first, thank goodness you was still nice enough and just said no.

belmar will be fine as long as everyone just respects the residents... i think people who move down there for the summer forget that people live there year round who dont deal with the noise etc and its definitely tough to handle when everyone moves in for the summer... i moved into my shore house last weekend and the people above me are mad loud on the weekends at like 9am drinkin playin music and shit... now i cant say anything because whatever, we all live there to party all summer but imagine how the residents feel when they are disturbed at all hours of the night because people are walkin home wasted from some club down the street. if the people were a little more respectful they wouldnt have much to complain about. -- my boss @ djais will always make an announcement to be respectful upon leaving the club... and rightfully so- cuz who really wants to see djais and the town of belmar go under because people are so goddamn inconsiderate? not me :D

....i think it's ridiculous........if you don't want to deal with that stuff u do not license people to run bars and clubs....and if u are moving into a WELL KNOWN college party shore town...well then..that's on you.......don't move next to the river then cry when your basement floods...

...so they are almost dead anyway......they can wait it out

i dont think its teh ones that have been there forever that are doing the complaining. They knew what they were getting into, hell they probably were at djais when they were in their 20s. The problem came when they started building all these condos and people started moving in from outside of town now knowing what to expect and then went ape shit when the summer crowd got there...NEWSFLASH-- you shoulda done your homework before you moved in!

I was in Belmar this past weekend and backed up a one-way to park a driveway in from the block (literally 10 feet) b/c I didn't feel like going around the block. The cops were shining their flashlights and asked what I was doing and I told him and they let us go. That was nice of them.

I agree with your statement on newbies who bought into the great move south. Alot of families have relocated from central and north jersey to move down s. jersey to get away from urban sprawl. well they found out quick that the shore does not sleep during the summer. i'll stay here with my urbanites..you can have the shore.