Clubplanet Nightlife Community

going to greece need suggestion

Lucky you!

Mykonos is one of my favorite spots in the world! It's a beautiful island with a huge

party scene and an "anything goes" mentality. There are tons of clubs and bars on

the island (most in the main town) and many of them have house/techno music.

The best club on Mykonos by far is Cavo Paradiso. In fact, it's one of the best clubs

in the world in my opinion because it brings top DJs and you can dance while watching the sunrise over the Aegean sea!

My suggestion for the perfect "Mykonos day": Wake up at 4pm, go to Super Paradise Beach and soak up the sun and the sea. At about 5pm every day, a DJ starts spinning house music right on the beach and the beach turns into one big party. Dance away till after sundown. Then go back to your room and clean up and rest. Then at 10-11pm go into Mykonos town and have dinner at Kostas tavern, which is located behind little Venice. After that go bar-hopping in the main town: to Caprice Bar to see where the Greeks party, to Pierro's for the gay scene, to Mad for house music. After 4am, go to Cavo Paradiso (located above Paradise beach) and stay till after the sunrise (it usually goes till 11am).

The Cavo Paradiso website is: http://www.cavoparadiso.gr/

They have a good lineup at the end of July: Pete Tong + Demi, John Digweed, Adam Beyer,

Seb Fontaine, and Tony Humphries.

The end of July is one of the most crowded times on the island. This is good cause the party scene will be insane, but it's bad cause finding a cheap room to stay in will be tough. Tell me your price range and I'll try to give you a couple of suggestions.

i heard cavo paradiso is amazing.

i cant wait. I am really going on a limited budget but if i am traveling alone where do you recommend i stay to meet alot of other young travelers. I am a 28 year old straight male so hoping to fall in love with alot of greek, swedish, and italian women. LOL

hey househead :) ....if your interested and still looking PM Me if your looking for a room in Mykonos and which dates you would like to go....i know of a good hotel which can take care of you. and the hotel is right next to Mykonos Town, its a 2minute walking distance to the center of town, and the rooms are beautiful overlooking the Sea!

:)

and yes def everyone who hasnt been there, save your money and DEFINATELY go there and the scene and people are one of a kind there! Nicest people you can ever meet!

and the nightlife just rocks all nite! espically Cavo-Paradiso!

Pacha & Space are there too!

Victor Calderone did the closing party last summer @ Cavo! alot of TOP DJs are always there every weekend...and the beaches you can not beat...crystal waters all sand :))))

and Women are just all over the place :)) you wont have problems there at all lol :)

Yia Sou Greeks! lol

Go to punda beach in paros - You wont want to leave the island. trust me.

Also , stay in Nasoussa , not Parikia.

BUTTT theya re both like 8 min away from each other so its no biggie either way. BUTTT Definitly check out Hard Rock in parikia.

Its a club mall.

Imagine walking into a building and then inside that building you find, 5 bars, 3 clubs etc etc..ALL connected - each with different music, decor..etc.

I grew up in paros, i go every year..if you want more info. PM me.

You'll be there for all of August? Are you working there or just vacationing?

Either way, I am soooo jealous. The most I'll make it there this summer is

probably a weekend in the beginning of July. :(

First I will be in Amsterdam 1st week of August then I will be in Greece from August 8th-24th ....just vacationing...I am SUPER Excited! I basically go every year, and every year it just gets better and better! :bounce:

I go every year for 2-3 weeks, but what with having to see family and friends, I rarely make it to the islands for more than a weekend. I'd love to go to Mykonos for the whole time, but then people would complain...

Have you been to Ios? I've heard good things about it as a party scene, but I don't know if it has good clubs for house/techno.

I go every year for 2-3 weeks, but what with having to see family and friends, I rarely make it to the islands for more than a weekend. I'd love to go to Mykonos for the whole time, but then people would complain...

Have you been to Ios? I've heard good things about it as a party scene, but I don't know if it has good clubs for house/techno.

yea I do visit my family and stay in Glyfada for a bit since I have a house there...but this year, I wanna spend most of my time in Mykonos & Santorini :bounce:

I have another question when i am in mykonos does it make sense to stay on paradise beach i saw a resort that looks like soo much fun. paradise resort.

paradise-greece.com

or am i better staying in town?

I sincerely appreciate all your advice

definetly stay in town....

I prefer to stay in the town (and take transportation to the beach) cause that's where most of the action is. That way you're not tied to one beach or one restaurant or one bar during your stay. On the other hand, staying at a resort like the one you found might be an easier way to meet people.

i will def be there july 31-2 and i think i am also gonna be there from the 26-30 of july i promise if you guys show me around mykonos i will take care of you in south beach i have been living here for the past 4 years working in nightlife. the same goes for you stereo

you guys have been too nice.

i will def be there july 31-2 and i think i am also gonna be there from the 26-30 of july i promise if you guys show me around mykonos i will take care of you in south beach i have been living here for the past 4 years working in nightlife. the same goes for you stereo

you guys have been too nice.

I wont be there till the 8th of August...Im basically planning my vacation around Dave Clarkes performance @ Cavo on August 8th....he is my favorite DJ & he never comes to the states, so I CANT miss him :)