Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj or venue?

definitely music!!!

even with superstar dj's, the type of music is key. not bashing sasha and digweed, but i really have to force myself to have fun until they start jammin' at around 6am (too trancy and droning until then). paul van dyke and carl cox on the other hand has me shakin', hopping, dancing from the get go...

------------------

calvinan.gif

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy every minute of every day. Don't run the rat-race of life... if you do, your life will have passed you by but you'll still be a rat.

DJ!!!!!!

Without a doubt. I have yet to find a venue in New York City that matched the beauty of the clubs I saw while overseas, even the real posh clubs and lounges I've been too in NY are nothing in terms of looks compared to the FREE clubs I went to overseas. Nevertheless, NY has the BEST club scene, Why? CAUSE THE MUSIC & VIBE IS UNMATCHED!!!!!!!!

A club without a good DJ is like sex without orgasm. (yes, unfortunately it happens, ask the women.)

DEFINITLY THE DJ

THE ROXY WOULDN'T HAVE DRAWN SHIT IF IT WASN'T FOR EDDIE BAEZ SPINNIN THERE LAST WEEK

------------------

COMING DECEMBER 1ST "FRIDAYS" AT ROXY RESIDENT SUPER DJ EDDIE BAEZ

SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE WORLD DENNY TSETTOS AND JARED SCREAM

THE "METRO PROMOTIONS" GUESTLIST EMAIL ME @ CHRISSOGGY@AOL.COM OR SAY "METRO"AT THE DOOR BROUGHT TO YOU BY "CHRIS MICHAEL"

http://communities.msn.com/ChrisMichaelNYC&naventryid=100

I'd rather go to the Breffni Bar smile.gif

Originally posted by apotheosis:

I think I'd have more of a following if it said "DJ APOTHEOSIS @ EXIT

over "DJ APOTHEOSIS @ Breffni Bar

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Thursdays - Plush, LI

Fridays - Cream, NYC

Sats:

12/16 - Arena, Albany NY

12/23 - Arena, Albany NY

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

1/14 - Phillidelphia (Location TBA)

Sat Dec. 23rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

A good venue can hold a kick ass sound system.. The better sound systems attract good talent.. and all of these variables bring in a good crowd...

Something like that...

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

Okay, fine. Everyone seems to think that it's dj over venue, but I think sometimes the venue plays a larger a role than this long list of idealists is willing to admit.

You'd think a head to head battle between Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson would be the phattest shit to hit the planet. But sit them in the Exit DJ booth and crank the heat up to 100, and pack the place with too many people, and of a sudden, it just noise. Bad noise.

It's easy to come on a message board and say MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC. But you're all lying. Except B2B, somehow I think he would tuck himself into a cardboard box if he could listen to good tunes.

spoony even if it's a shit venue, its still good music, if you are there for the music then the rest of it won't bother you...just little inconviences...i dont really care about venue's at all...going to vinyl is like sitting in a cardboard box and listening to good music...its a box with a big sound system...and the best dj in the world...IMO...

------------------

Gigs : Sound Factory, Saturday 11/25...12-4

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

tit.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Okay, fine. Everyone seems to think that it's dj over venue, but I think sometimes the venue plays a larger a role than this long list of idealists is willing to admit.

You'd think a head to head battle between Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson would be the phattest shit to hit the planet. But sit them in the Exit DJ booth and crank the heat up to 100, and pack the place with too many people, and of a sudden, it just noise. Bad noise.

It's easy to come on a message board and say MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC. But you're all lying. Except B2B, somehow I think he would tuck himself into a cardboard box if he could listen to good tunes.

I have to agree, and not just with DJ'ing...when I used to be in a band people that would come out to see us, or when I am DJ'ing...I would have a following, except for the times I would hear...You're playing this Friday? Awesome, I'll be there....oh it's at that place...I probably won't go there, but if you're playing _____ I'll go!!!

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: Liquids Thurs, Dec 7th 10pm - 1am

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

My new web site...Version 1

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Originally posted by spoonyd:

It's easy to come on a message board and say MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC. But you're all lying.

How do you know so much about everyone? Your post has a point, but I think you went overboard here.

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

you're right... it is overboard. But what I mean is that it's easy to be idealistic when posting to a message board and I think that just about everyone here has made a decision once in their clubbing experience that put venue before music. They really are integral. I believe it even affects the dj's (in how the respond to their surroundings) to the point that a bad venue can make a good dj seem bad.

And my point about Exit is a true story. I was really looking forward to that battle. It all sounded so bad, and I couldn't get onto the floor to dance if I wanted to, which I didn't cause the sound was even worse on the floor. I had the worst time with some of my favourite deejays that night.

I PERSONNALLY LIKE THE VENUE CAUSE IM NOT A BIG FAN OF PVD AND SASHA, BUT THEN AGAIN I GO TO THE TUNNEL CAUSE OF THE CHICAGO HARD HOUSE AND BECAUSE OF THE INTENSE HOUSE JV THROWS DOWN.

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

When I invite someone to come see/hear me. I am really inviting them into a controlled atmoshere where I can make them happy,. thats what i really like to do as a dj in all honestly, but then I get the "where?" and when I say a place they dont know , they assume I'm not capable of doing anything incredible, and it brings me down.

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!