Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunless Tanners

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=269581

I'm half Italian, but the other half is pretty cracka, so I'm well versed in this subject. :laugh:

Clarins seems to work the best hands down. They have a gel that goes on clean, and smells very nice. I use tons of mousterizer to keep the skin well hydrated (I use a mix of Grapeseed oil and mousterizer), and maintain the fake bake. Just be sure to exfoliate before your first application, and reapply once every two to three days. Neutrogena works well, try L'oreal if you're looking for something comperable.

They work allright. It's worth trying once, and the coverage is great, but it wears off in less than a week (for me it waas 4 - 5 days). I use them for special events/vacations. Be moderate and try to not have them apply extra, or you might get that slighty overtan effect...

Self tanners have this drying factor, as the skin cells wear off, it feels like my skin is parched and itchy if I don't slather on mousterizer several times a day. Clarins seems to have cut this down in their products, so I just stick to them....

• 1 month later...

I started using self-tanner when I was in 7th grade, so I"m kind of an expert, haha. Neutrogena is pretty good, but it can come out pretty damn dark at first, which is kind of scary. Plus the bronzer is a bit of a mess. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jergens Natural Glow. It is very subtle, so it doesn't streak at all, but it does take about a week for it to fully develop. The only drawback is that you have to put it on every day, but it is pretty moisturizing and it doesn't have that self-tanner smell, so it's basically the same as putting on moisturizer. I am pretty fair, but I use the one for medium skintones and it works really well. I also tried the airbrush tan at Completely Bare, and was somewhat dissappointed. It looked pretty good the day after, but it faded fast. And it is really nasty having to sleep with the solution on all night. Any mystic tan reviews?

If you want something that is subtle and won't ever streak no matter how much you put on I recomend jergens lotion, the stuff w/ the subtle glow. I forgot what it is called but i use the medium skin tone stuff and it gives me a little color w/ out the streaks. So then I can use self tanner and it won't look as fake. You can use it year round and it works on me and I'm pretty fair skinned....

Your best bet would be to go to a Mystic Tan

Don't do the one where the person has to spray you because those just suck, and don't use the hollywood tans ones cause they don't have spritz on the front. Call up a few tanning salons in your area and ask them if they have the Mystic, the booth one.

It is fantastic, I use it once in a while, jus cause I tan in the beds and mystic gets me REALLY dark!

Make sure you shave and exfoliate before you do it and allow yourself 4-6 hours of chill out time so that the solution can take on color. You don't wanna shower for 4-6 hours, what I suggest is to do it before going to bed, or if you are just staying home, sleep with it on and the next day you have an amazing tan!

Best of luck

If you want something that is subtle and won't ever streak no matter how much you put on I recomend jergens lotion, the stuff w/ the subtle glow. I forgot what it is called but i use the medium skin tone stuff and it gives me a little color w/ out the streaks. So then I can use self tanner and it won't look as fake. You can use it year round and it works on me and I'm pretty fair skinned....

yup, this is what I've been using and my friends keep commenting on how tan I am. It looks really good if you can combine it with a little bit of natural sun.

yup, this is what I've been using and my friends keep commenting on how tan I am. It looks really good if you can combine it with a little bit of natural sun.

ohh definitely want to try this out because I've been so busy that I haven't been able to make it to the beach as much as I want to...it's by jergens huh?

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=269581

I'm half Italian, but the other half is pretty cracka, so I'm well versed in this subject. :laugh:

Clarins seems to work the best hands down. They have a gel that goes on clean, and smells very nice. I use tons of mousterizer to keep the skin well hydrated (I use a mix of Grapeseed oil and mousterizer), and maintain the fake bake. Just be sure to exfoliate before your first application, and reapply once every two to three days. Neutrogena works well, try L'oreal if you're looking for something comperable.

Will the Clarins make me smell like a chick? I don't want anything smelly. I'm half Italian too, so I tan farley easy. How do I know how much to use?