Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PAUL OAKENFOLD at crobar 7/3

Sunday, July 3

Main Room: PERFECTO Featuring: Paul Oakenfold w/ Liquid Todd and Eddie Bang

Make your Fourth of July huge with mega DJ Paul Oakenfold at crobar!

There are but a handful of DJs in the world who can create the excitement that Paul Oakenfold is capable of provoking in a crowd. In addition to the success of his label, Perfecto, Paul has released superlative mix CD’s including his awesome New York set for Global Underground – still the series’ biggest seller to date. Paul has the distinction of being voted the number one DJ in the world by readers of DJ Magazine, and has headlined in clubs and arenas in every corner of the globe. Opener Liquid Todd has rocked hundreds of concerts, festivals and parties including Woodstock '99 (to 45,000 revelers), two Lollapaloozas, and at clubs internationally, never failing to unleash an energetic, euphoric live set. Liquid Todd hosts and spins “Solid State†on K-Rock every Saturday, and “The Liquid Todd Show†on Sirius Satellite Radio. Eddie Bang is closing out the night.

Doors open at 9 PM

18 and over to enter, 21 and over to drink.

$40 Special Advanced Tickets / $50 Door

For Advance Tickets Please Visit www.crobar.com

530 West 28th Street NY, NY 10001

070305.jpg

Yeh.

I remember going to see him a few years ago on Thanksgiving Night. The place was jam-packed with thousands of people. I bought a ticket last minute and paid around $60. The guy showed up and spinned for 2 hours, and then left. What an outrage, and disrespect to the fans.

I will never go to see him again, and will never buy his music.

everyone should boycott this night to get the message to jokenfold

Right on but very doubtful. The guy will still pack the place. It's like the Rolling Stones. Everytime they announce a new tour I'm like, oh brother, is anyone going to see these has beens? Sure enough, they sell out all their shows. Same thing will happen here. Don't get it.

It's too bad that his sets are so short, b/c his track selection is usually on point. I guess he isn't the greatest techinical DJ in the world which might be why he only spins for 2 hours.

Anyways, I still have respect for all that he's done in the way of producing, remixing, etc. over the years.

he spun some of the greatest sets in dance history in the 90s

if you ever loved oakey, check him out sometime & see what hes playing in the new century.

you might be pleasantly surprised that he still breaks tons of hard or melodic progressive/ trance.

he'll prob play for about 3 hours at crobar.

Oakey was the one responsible for getting me into this scene in the first place. I used to see him all the time. Last time I saw him, though, had to be 2000. Why? For all the reasons already listed in this thread. We'd all respect the Stones more if they retired years ago, and same goes for Oakenfold...

he spun some of the greatest sets in dance history in the 90s

if you ever loved oakey, check him out sometime & see what hes playing in the new century.

you might be pleasantly surprised that he still breaks tons of hard or melodic progressive/ trance.

he'll prob play for about 3 hours at crobar.

mmm do u by any chance haver any of those sets?

look for his bbc essential mixes easily avail:

sydney aust jan 1999

miami 1999

havana cuba 1999

goa trance essential mix 1994

ibiza space 1999

actually ANY 90s essential bbc mix is a good indicator. he did about 25+

or just to hear what oakey was up to in late 90s, buy cds:

'travelling'

'ibiza'

'2 year anniversary at creamfields'

i also recommend these 'transports' on kinetic:

I: oakey

II: dave ralph

max graham's

if you need more info on live oakey cds, pm me. i have prob 40-50.

thanks.

Yeh.

I remember going to see him a few years ago on Thanksgiving Night. The place was jam-packed with thousands of people. I bought a ticket last minute and paid around $60. The guy showed up and spinned for 2 hours, and then left. What an outrage, and disrespect to the fans.

I will never go to see him again, and will never buy his music.

The same situation at the same place happened to me & my friends. I wanted to kill some1 cause it was a super headcrack,werd up-Im never gonna go see him either-Fu*k Dat

I just sopke with Paul Oakenfold's manager and he confirmed that Oakenfold will be playing for a minimum of 3 hours and might even go for 4 hrs. crobar NY is his first stop for the Perfecto tour and he is very excited to be back in New York, especially at crobar!! So get your tickets now!! The event is almost SOUL OUT!

crobar Management