Clubplanet Nightlife Community

asian invasian at roxy

I never did understand why 50 Asian people need to cross exactly in the middle of the dance floor holding hands and push everyone that is on the way.

Please don't get me wrong...I have nothing against Asians (especially Asian chicks...)

:aaah:

u sound cool but I have a serious question...why do most of the Asians at the NYC clubs just hang around each other all night rather than making any effort to meet and maybe even dance with blacks, whites, guidos, latins, whatever...i think if you did that u would see that most people at clubs are not prejudiced and r actually fun to party with...

I can't say for everybody, but this is what I think,

From the root of it all, Asians living in America have always been treated as an outsider. An outsider... exotic... strange foods... strange sounds... suspicious... axis of evil(haha.. jk)

Asians that hang out amongst themselfs do so because they feel comfortable around their own, and secondly, they feel secure. And please remember... Asians are a minority.

It's not just Asians only like to hang out with their own, White people like hanging out with White people as well. It's a comfort thing...and I think we all see this in a lot of clubs, bars, lounges.

However, the big difference is, Asians are a minority, and therefore it is not up to the minority to reach out to the majority. It is a burden that falls on the majority.

It's a fact, Asians are always being treated as "outsiders," no matter how long they've been in the United States, or how "American" they are. Therefore, I guess when Asians go out, they've already gotten used to the idea that they are an outsider. It's really no fault of their own the way I see it.

I think most people that are pissed off here are Asian Americans as opposed to F.O.B(fresh of the boat) Asians.

The difference is, FOB's dance holding hands, while Asian Americans don't.

I think this is the root of it right here... My best friend is Asian American and even he has problems with a lot of the FOB's...

It's a fact, Asians are always being treated as "outsiders," no matter how long they've been in the United States, or how "American" they are. Therefore, I guess when Asians go out, they've already gotten used to the idea that they are an outsider. It's really no fault of their own the way I see it.

i totally disagree. i am american and i feel american. i may look asian to others, but i dont think thats a bad thing.

it just so happens that my best friends are white, but i hang out w/asians all the time. many of my white frineds have gone to 'asian' parties and vice versa. i think the trick is to not make it a big deal. my friends think of it as - going out and partying - and not 'will i be an outcast there?'

i dont feel like an outsider at all.

whatever, u should all just embrace what u got. stereotypes are so yesterday ;)

I think most people that are pissed off here are Asian Americans as opposed to F.O.B(fresh of the boat) Asians.

The difference is, FOB's dance holding hands, while Asian Americans don't.

wtf kind of statement is that? i disagree again. FOBs - their culture is different. If they wanna holds hands, go ahead...doesn't bother me.

wtf kind of statement is that? i disagree again. FOBs - their culture is different. If they wanna holds hands, go ahead...doesn't bother me.

I was simply making a point to people who didn't recognize the difference between Fob's and Asian Americans. That's it.

Unfortunately, the truth is, it's going to be a long way before Asians and White people start mingling together at clubs. Let me take a popular quote... "Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,.."

lol...please stop making these kinds of statements and calling it "the truth"...this is not true...i am asian and non-asians come up to me all the time and start conversations and I start conversations as well...admittedly the conversation starters are a little lame like "do you come here a lot" but whatever...if you go with the attitude like " i am an outsider and shall not interact with non-asians" then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and nothing will change for the better...

lol...please stop making these kinds of statements and calling it "the truth"...this is not true...i am asian and non-asians come up to me all the time and start conversations and I start conversations as well...admittedly the conversation starters are a little lame like "do you come here a lot" but whatever...if you go with the attitude like " i am an outsider and shall not interact with non-asians" then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and nothing will change for the better...

I tell it the way I see it.

And there's a big difference between you and I... You have a p_u_s_s_y, I don't.

Keep'n it real.

Hey this De Ja Vu. Isn't there a massive thread about Asians floating around? LOL. Anyway, I can understand why Asians don't want to be chillin' with other ethnic groups - particularly with the whites. It's a matter of cultural comfort. Besides, all minorities including Asians have been getting the raw deal for a long time. Look at the television set - the media depicts Asians as less than human. Asian girls are portrayed as sex fetishes. Asian guys are all kung fu fighters or freaks like that cat William Hung. Do you recall any movie in which Asians are portrayed in a positive light? Know what I mean? so I can understand why some people feel insulated and keep to themselves.

On a serious note, I actually like to hang with people who haven't been born/raised in America, not that I get to do that much anymore. Having travelled/lived quite extensively outside of the USA in my younger days, I can honestly say that most "Americans" disgust me.

On a serious note, I actually like to hang with people who haven't been born/raised in America, not that I get to do that much anymore. Having travelled/lived quite extensively outside of the USA in my younger days, I can honestly say that most "Americans" disgust me.

I totally agree with you.