Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha New York?

:gang: Pacha is too big. Is not gonna be a good club. Is too big. And plus, the main floor has about 400 people capacity. The rest of the people are gonna "trip" up and down the stairs with no connection with the dj or whats happenin in there. They just lookin for some "chicks". Is gonna be shitty. No club bigger that the size of spirit or arc is ever gonna be only about music.
just like l factory lol i want to go there and see what they did to the place

:gang: Pacha is too big. Is not gonna be a good club. Is too big. And plus, the main floor has about 400 people capacity. The rest of the people are gonna "trip" up and down the stairs with no connection with the dj or whats happenin in there. They just lookin for some "chicks". Is gonna be shitty. No club bigger that the size of spirit or arc is ever gonna be only about music.

agreed

place holds 2900 people

main floor holds 1500

dunno if you guys checked out the second page to that article.. but heres a quote i thought was worth sharing..

Who will be your residents and what is your music policy?

Erick: "It's a little early - but I'm all about fun and energy! Not only am I looking to bring some of the big names I've been working with at Pacha Ibiza. I'm also looking to develop DJs I love who are not big in America yet. Pacha New York will be about house but I'd say its more a dance club. Although I plan to bring across some techno names too."

I give the whole Pacha NY idea six months to one year before it fizzles out. The crowd that goes to Avalon/Spirit, and Crobar WILL go to Pacha NY. So once the people that are true to the scene get tired of the inevitable door drama and BS, you will be left with a mix btwn SF's old "guido" crowd, the dregs from Avalon/Spirit and all the rest.

There are too many clubs in NY trying to do the same thing and book the same DJs. Unless Pacha really goes into major techno/electro DJs (and I don't mean Chris Liebing) it's just going to be another Sound Factory or at worst Exit!!