Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's up with the fake tans ?

I love my tanning salon. Its my therapy in a way. I basically only go once a week..usually on a Friday. It helps relax me and at the sametime relieves a lot of my stress and tension.

Doctors even say tanning is good when you are sick b/c it helps build the immune system back up. If you have acne, Dermatologists recommend it to clear your skin. If you happen to be unfortunate and develop cancer, tanning is good for the body to help slow the cancer down. (Ok so I read this all in the pamphlets in the salon and maybe they are lying but seemed pretty legit)

Now as for orange...depends on your tanning lotion. You can use one of the crystal lotions which will make you incredibly red at first and then within a few hours lighten into a peachy red tone.

Bronzers, well when you first begin tanning with them, they give you like a coco color. But as you CONINUE to use them, then you get an orange tint.

It just depends on how often you tan and how long. Everyone has a prefernce. You either do it or dont. I personally dont like being a pale girl. I have dark hair and dark eyes so my features look beter with a nice little tan. But on the other hand, Im not out of control and go everyday. I grew out of that stage when my skin started to feel like leather,

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

I've never needed to tan artificially, but I don't see anything wrong with those who do... if you have a bit of color (fake or not), you look much healthier... some of my friends are so naturally pale that they literally glow in the dark, and all have purchased tanning packages to keep happy and tan all winter long... cwm11.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

I love going tanning. Just a time to lay there and relax for twenty sweet min. and I like the effects too, you know the tan. I like to be tan and I have yet to be ORANGE! I think that it makes my skin look better, but I agree that too much tanning can look a little bad.

Well I have a natural olive complexion but I like to go tanning like Kat said once a week and for the same reasons it's very therapeutic...

Also, I feel it gives me that nice glow...I like the way my skin radiates..

My skin isn't orange?!?!?

Right guys? Shit..Don't know what some people are using..

------------------

AIM vampie

Ok.. I started going tanning about a month ago. Before that I REFUSED to go. I LOVE being tanned from going to the beach but that doesn't last for long and it's gone by October! I have very light skin and I look very pale when I'm not tanned. I almost look sick and ppl always tell me that I look tired because my face is pale! I only went a few times and I noticed that I started looking HEALTHIER. I didn't get much darker but still, I could tell the difference. Ppl who never saw me before wouldn't even be able to tell that I have a FAKE tan. The only issue that I have with tanning salons is that it's soooo not healthy frown.gif But then again, laying out in the sun is bad for you too.. Oh well... But yeah, some ppl OVERDO it and it does look orange. I hate that look but hey, whatever makes ppl happy....

Yeah....summer tans don't last that long..leave by the time October comes. And your left looking pale ass white..I hate that. And why is it there are always hot girls working at tanning salons????? (At least the ones I've been to)

------------------

Did you find your ecstacy???

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

Guys,

I go tanning to for all the reasons above mentioned..I'm not gonna sit here and talk about how bad it is though..

just as a warning,DON'T overdo it. A girl I know died 2 weeks ago from melanoma from tanning, spread to her brain and she died. 21 Years old...Just be careful

hehehe...

my boy Mikey was telling me last week that there is some girl in our Econ class who just uses waaaay too much of that fake tan stuff. so much so, that she looks comical and he stares at her in class. i was like, "huh? who is this girl? i've never seen anyone like that"

in Econ yesterday, we were just sitting, waiting for class to start, and this girl walks in. she is a bright, bright orangey-copper color, and i swear she glows like she is radioactive. she has the strangest color; it just doesn't look human. Mikey and i just turned to each other and started busting up

i guess you had to be there...

[This message has been edited by deanna11 (edited 12-07-2000).]

Originally posted by deanna11:

hehehe...

my boy Mikey was telling me last week that there is some girl in our Econ class who just uses waaaay too much of that fake tan stuff. so much so, that she looks comical and he stares at her in class. i was like, "huh? who is this girl? i've never seen anyone like that"

in Econ yesterday, we were just sitting, waiting for class to start, and this girl walks in. she is a bright, bright orangey-copper color, and i swear she glows like she is radioactive. she has the strangest color; it just doesn't look human. Mikey and i just turned to each other and started busting up

i guess you had to be there...

[This message has been edited by deanna11 (edited 12-07-2000).]

THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT !! THAT RADIOACTIVE ORANGE COLOR !!!

YEah I see- mostly peeeps w/ white skin sizzling themselves to death in that laser tanning cancer machine-

FAKE TANS = AMkes you ORANGE !! LOL

Why do people get them ?

They don't even look good ! It looks WEIRD !! It looks like they took a dip in TANG !!

Since when is being "white" bad ?? I don't understand why whiteys are obsessed with tanning !!

BE Proud to be White !

umm... i use the electric beach about 1/month. do i like it? no. should i do it? yes.

i am from cape cod. i love the real beach. i love the real sun. unfortunately, i never get to see it (i work indoors all week and sleep every weekend during the day-- vampire!).

all summer, i had no sunshine. i felt like crap. i have found that the fake-bake actually works like the real sun to give you the feeling that you might actually be alive, as opposed to the feeling of death i get from these blue flourescent lights in my office.

its the accelerants and the type of light that some ppl use that gives them a fake tan. its not necessary to get "orange."

"whiteys" ?!? hmm... cwm23.gif

------------------

i love music!