Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Engagement rings

what do guys think of a previously worn/thrift/pawn shop engagement ring? Ive heard rumors that to wear one will cause bad luck, but im not inclined to agree. I actually think it would save my soon to be fiancee a lot of money versus buying a brand spanking new sparkler of a diamond. I also think I may be able to find a cooler ring than the typical boring jewelry store stuff. Opinions/ideas? Feel free to share! :D

personally speaking i don't like pre-owned jewelry unless it's been handed down from family......if you're looking for a diamond ring that's unusual...why not just pick out the stone and choose your own setting separately? just a thought.....to me i think half the fun is going and looking at different stones and studying them...making sure you're getting the best value and picking out a setting of your choice if you don't want to go with preset.....part of the beauty of going to a reputable gemologist is the personalized service that you get, he has more knowledge of the stones and in most cases you have more options than a pawn shop....another thing to keep in mind is always go for quality before quantity....e.g. a 1 ct colorless and near flawless diamond will always look more brilliant and is worth more than a 1.50 ct that has a yellowish coloring and has flaws that's visible to the naked eye because there is no obstruction when the light travels through.

well said! i think she's more concerned about price though becuase she said it would be more affordable for her boyfriend. So like i said, in that case, you really have to make sure it's in good condition and worth the money..and if it's something you fell in love with, well then go for it, used or not....

what do guys think of a previously worn/thrift/pawn shop engagement ring? Ive heard rumors that to wear one will cause bad luck, but im not inclined to agree. I actually think it would save my soon to be fiancee a lot of money versus buying a brand spanking new sparkler of a diamond. I also think I may be able to find a cooler ring than the typical boring jewelry store stuff. Opinions/ideas? Feel free to share! :D

pm nonmembername.

Well, I personally bought my ring new in NY- but diamonds by their nature are veerrrryyyy old so how do you know that the "new" stone you bought was never owned by anyone else? As long as you have papers certifying the authenticity of the stone or you know your diamonds very well, who cares where it came from?

• 2 weeks later...

Unless they have all the necessary paperwork, don't buy it. You don't want to buy a fake ring.

what do guys think of a previously worn/thrift/pawn shop engagement ring? Ive heard rumors that to wear one will cause bad luck,

i dont know about bad luck and voodoo and all that jazz, but id want a new ring for my new wife, in our new life...