Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Reviews Thread

lalate

Can we sticky this. Where'd the old one go.

CABANA CLUB

Former spot of the Sunset Room's PARKING LOT lol (only in LA a parking lot is turned into a lagoon lol).

First of all, its not a pool. It's a pond. And the waterfalls, we'll the water aint falling very far lol. But the place is awesome. Cabanas in the Viceroy style, even a mega cabana, provides awesome cover. Drinks - um (gulp) $45 for a carafe of margaritas (yup). Food - reasonably priced and looked and smelled awesome. Sound - great, can be a bit too loud. Staff - super nice. Decore - who the hell designed the bar - its as basic and boring as can be. Color scheme - good. The blue railings dont fit the cabana look the rest of the place has. Landscaping - palm trees. For a bit more, could have really done it right.

Overall, great idea, something very needed for LA, awesome feel. For design purposes - needs some more touches to really give that "wow" factor. The way it is - looks very nice, but definitely doesnt knock ur shoes off their feet.

Would you go back? Yup. :rock:

Downtown Standard.

Wow. A recent renovation to the lobby. Fire Pit outside, concrete sunken patio. Very very nice. Lobby - new floor to ceiling timesquare-esh scrolling marque column. And gotta luv playing pool in the standard lol. Great great preparty spot.

Across the street - new Daily Grill. Very large, very nice decore.

Moulon Rouge.

Free cover gets you the best friggen moulon rouge performance you have ever seen outside of Paris. Nonstop shows on Friday, and Sat (at least). These girls are hot, lots of em. Decore is amazing! Drinks will knock you out of your shoes. Location: Ventura Blvd in Encino just east of club rio.

3 weeks ago....

Spundae @ Circus.

Renovations made sense. The middle room - very chill, nice people. The decore - um, a bit unexplainable. The outside monsterous naked roman-like statutes could do without, and the inside white fiber-like tenting could see more of. Staff is very nice, crowd changes throughout the night. BBQ area is definitely a great spot to chill, meet people, and the food is :drool:. If you want to hear great music, and love to dance (and eat lol), you'll love it. Good time.

Vertigos

Vertigos recently added to the westerly room a new stage. Cover bands play great 80s, 90s music. And these bands are very good. Staff is amazing. People love to dance. Hiphop room is awesome. Still one of the best clubs in LA and getting even better........ and dont forget those italian sausages outside :drool:

The Den...Saturday Nights @ the Derby, Hollywood... Great location right in the middle of the Los Feliz Hills... Great music... HIP HOP and House in one room, ROCK from the 70's til now in the other. Lighting is awesome, and the sound is just right. Cool people, with cool attitudes. As an addition, every now and then, the bartenders have this cool show with flaming martini glasses... a must see!!! Would I go back in the words of Napoleon...HECK YES!!

• 3 weeks later...
Sunday Cabana Club is cancelled :(

I think it's coming back with the World Party taking over promotions. it's probably going to be quite the scene when they do...

Here's a review:

Sunday Warmth: A Sunday day party that takes place at Nirvana, a sublime Indian restaurant on Wilshire right smack in the middle of Beverly Hills. Chill outdoors with great housemusic by CP's own Deepfunk + weekly guests. Not enough people show up to fill the inside and back patio, which is too bad because they are both extremely chill, and uber modern chic with an Indian flavor on top. Although completely casual, the crowd tends to be good looking and dressed up for it for some reason. Nice on the eyes. Happy hour prices of food up to 4:00PM. If you want to relax to some smooth house beats on a lazy Sunday afternoon, this is a good spot for it.

Imad

housesaladla.com

the GOOD life

Spider Club- Wednesdays

Me and a few of my girlfriends went last Wed. We got on the list thanks to Clubplanet. Arrived at 10:30, very nice hospitable peeps at the door. Got in no problem. Headed up the stairs and right away was very impressed by the decor, it really felt like a spider cocoon in there. I love the lighting. Very comfy lounge. Excellent place to go have drinks and still be able to communicate without screaming in their ears. Music was hip hop and a little mix up of 80's/indie, but mostly hip hop. Good crowd, nice vibe. I was however, very surprised when they called last call and turned oh the lights at the same time. Club pretty much over at 0145 only sad part.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lawler at Avalon last Saturday -

Amazing.

Lawler - 5

The other Djs - 5+

Ratios - 2 guys to 1 girl

Sets - Really good, especially the patio

Decore - Great cosmetic changes improved the space

Staff - my bartender was wonderful (but not that many people were drinking upstairs)

Crowd - very international, luv that. Met people from Paris, Holland, Australia, and England

Vibe - great

Bad -

Never saw so many aggressive guys trying to freak other guy's girls .... with no introduction at a techno scene like this so early (11 pm-12 am) at night. Around 20 times it happening, I stopped counting.

Overall - one of the best nights in many months. Really wonderful.

3 weeks ago....

Spundae @ Circus.

Renovations made sense. The middle room - very chill, nice people. The decore - um, a bit unexplainable. The outside monsterous naked roman-like statutes could do without, and the inside white fiber-like tenting could see more of. Staff is very nice, crowd changes throughout the night. BBQ area is definitely a great spot to chill, meet people, and the food is :drool:. If you want to hear great music, and love to dance (and eat lol), you'll love it. Good time.

3 rooms of good dancing music throughout the night every Saturday night. The main room is probably the largest dance floor I've ever seen and now with the new addition, it's perfect for those "special event" nights. AVB a couple of weekends ago was insane! Capacity was some where near 4000! Of course the other rooms and out door patio are included.

The staff, especially security, are the nices folks you'll ever meet. You will always get greeted by Cole's friendly smile, hand shake and/or hug when handing him your admission ticket.

Every week, you will find a different crowd (depending of the DJs) along with some of the regular patrons enjoying the night on the dancefloor, patio, and other areas of the club . It's a great place to bring some newbies when introducing them to the EDM scene or for those "just turned 21" peeps. Another thing is you'll always end up meeting people during the night as everyone is pretty friendly. You can even go alone and feel comfy in a place like CIRCUS.

The outdoor BBQ area serves some pretty good food for those that didn't get a chance to have dinner or for those with the late night munchies. My favorite is the special quesadilla with carne asada, while others might prefer the tacos or just a tasty hotdog.

3 rooms of good dancing music throughout the night every Saturday night. The main room is probably the largest dance floor I've ever seen and now with the new addition, it's perfect for those "special event" nights. AVB a couple of weekends ago was insane! Capacity was some where near 4000! Of course the other rooms and out door patio are included.

The staff, especially security, are the nices folks you'll ever meet. You will always get greeted by Cole's friendly smile, hand shake and/or hug when handing him your admission ticket.

Every week, you will find a different crowd (depending of the DJs) along with some of the regular patrons enjoying the night on the dancefloor, patio, and other areas of the club . It's a great place to bring some newbies when introducing them to the EDM scene or for those "just turned 21" peeps. Another thing is you'll always end up meeting people during the night as everyone is pretty friendly. You can even go alone and feel comfy in a place like CIRCUS.

The outdoor BBQ area serves some pretty good food for those that didn't get a chance to have dinner or for those with the late night munchies. My favorite is the special quesadilla with carne asada, while others might prefer the tacos or just a tasty hotdog.

Great review. I end up eating, dancing, eating and dancing when I go there. Great great hamburgers.

• 4 weeks later...
Wait, you cannot promote a club on this site?????

After reading this forum for over a year, I thought that what it was for!

ed, i think you have a reading comprehension problem; i was just looking at another thread wherein you replied to a post before reading its entire two sentences.

this thread is not for promoting - it is for reviews only. that is why it is called the "club reviews thread."

There is not-so new but doing-better pocket of bars/lounge in the pre-Farifax to post-Farifax Melrose area. Its a good little area cuz u can preparty there or just do a barcrawl there too now. Drinks are cheaper, crowd is generally cool. A bit too many cops in the area. But definitely a lotta small, swanky, and hidden spots with diff vibes there.

Can we sticky this. Where'd the old one go.

CABANA CLUB

Former spot of the Sunset Room's PARKING LOT lol (only in LA a parking lot is turned into a lagoon lol).

First of all, its not a pool. It's a pond. And the waterfalls, we'll the water aint falling very far lol. But the place is awesome. Cabanas in the Viceroy style, even a mega cabana, provides awesome cover. Drinks - um (gulp) $45 for a carafe of margaritas (yup). Food - reasonably priced and looked and smelled awesome. Sound - great, can be a bit too loud. Staff - super nice. Decore - who the hell designed the bar - its as basic and boring as can be. Color scheme - good. The blue railings dont fit the cabana look the rest of the place has. Landscaping - palm trees. For a bit more, could have really done it right.

Overall, great idea, something very needed for LA, awesome feel. For design purposes - needs some more touches to really give that "wow" factor. The way it is - looks very nice, but definitely doesnt knock ur shoes off their feet.

Would you go back? Yup. :rock:

What are the cross streets for this club, I'm bad when it comes to LA