Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Back to the Scene... Who's Hot, Who's Not?

I have been a clubplanet member since the glory days of twilo, but I haven't been posting since before Exit was no longer Exit, Limelite became Avalon, and Crobar opened in NYC. So... who are the up-and coming DJ's, has Sprit opened in the new Twilo Space, and is Avalon really the new Exit? I want to get back into the scene, but would like the neccessary updates. Thx.

Just go to Crobar.....Its the best big venue club in the city right now...Best Crowd, Best DJ's, nicest place there is right now. Just hate the asshole drinker crowd it has till about 6 am, then they all go home, and its awesome.

Go to a Boris Party...Nuts...He is the biggest DJ in the city right now

I went to Crobar for Sasha and Digweed... it was actually the last time I have been out and about in the club scene in NYC. It seemed like a great venue, although it was very crowded and overpriced for S&D. It was probably because there were alot of old Twilo ppl there trying to re-live the old days. Boris is back, huh? Interesting... Didn't he used to be a resident at Sound Factory? Correct me if I am wrong...

Hey JennEfer. Its been a while... haven't seen you in like four years, Its Tommy from West Milford. This is weird, I haven't posted in years, and i come on today looking for somewhere to go and my eye catches your nickname. Weird. How ya been?

Just go to Crobar.....Its the best big venue club in the city right now...Best Crowd, Best DJ's, nicest place there is right now. Just hate the asshole drinker crowd it has till about 6 am, then they all go home, and its awesome.

NOBODY ON CLUBPLANET LISTEN TO RAYRAY HE IS AN ALCOHOLIC THAT GOES OUT AND IS LIKE YO BORIS RIPED IT WHEN IN FACT BORIS WAS NOT EVEN PLAYING THAT NITE hahah. hahaha . hahaha haha. :bounce::bounce:

I have been a clubplanet member since the glory days of twilo, but I haven't been posting since before Exit was no longer Exit, Limelite became Avalon, and Crobar opened in NYC. So... who are the up-and coming DJ's, has Sprit opened in the new Twilo Space, and is Avalon really the new Exit? I want to get back into the scene, but would like the neccessary updates. Thx.

it's all relative. i don't know exactly what's your cup of tea.. most people here would recommend crobar while i'll never step foot in there. i personally prefer spirit which is the old twilo. while crobar and spirit both have great lineups and events, i have a better time at spirit: less pretentiousness, nice party people, not too crowded, reminicent of old days in the late am etc. etc. sullivan room is doing well, so is shelter, cielo has great nights as well. avalon is going under construction and is opening as a concert venue. it'll be open a 6 nights a week, half for concerts, the rest for regular club nights. :)

it's all relative. i don't know exactly what's your cup of tea.. most people here would recommend crobar while i'll never step foot in there. i personally prefer spirit which is the old twilo. while crobar and spirit both have great lineups and events, i have a better time at spirit: less pretentiousness, nice party people, not too crowded, reminicent of old days in the late am etc. etc. sullivan room is doing well, so is shelter, cielo has great nights as well. avalon is going under construction and is opening as a concert venue. it'll be open a 6 nights a week, half for concerts, the rest for regular club nights. :)

If you're into big rooms, check out Spirit. The space is HUGE and never over-crowded. Digweed is there in two weeks, and Howell's in three...so there's a treat for you.

As for small rooms, funeralhome broke that down for you. The next few weeks are slightly stale as far as line-ups go...but October is supposed to be off the meter.

Your and ass, you freakin idiot, I dont even drink. Im sorry if the cover of DJ times, and packed houses dont consider you a Hott DJ in NYC. Im just trying to give people help, with my opinion. Please just keep comments to yoursellf you loser. Go wack off again prob for the 10th time today. Why must people be so mean on these boards, if you disagree with me, just say so, dont be an ass about it.

Funeralhome sumed it up the best for right now. Crobar is cool if you are into emotionless banging of pots and pans all night long. If you are looking for a less "Place to be scene" Sullivan Room is a great pick, gets a little packed but you will be surrounded by a good crowd and real people. I have only been there a couple of times but everytime I have been there I have had a great time and the music has been real good.

As far as Cielo is concerned, Personally that is my favorite spot in the city right now. Wednesday nights for Louie's party is the best. And when the man himself is there you won't find a better party. Packed with real house heads and people that don't care about anything else but having a good time.

Shelter hasn't changed, it still the same great party it has been since day one and Timmy is still Timmy.

Those are my recomendations hope that helps.

Boris sucks. Nothing but hard, senseless beats w/ no funk/soul whatsoever. You might think you're hearing the same track for 2 hours.

Since Crobar was mentioned, you might wanna check out one of Sander Kleinenberg's Everybody parties that take place once a month there. Next one is on 9/2.

Yea Crobar is good and I would sayone of the biggest venues...but Boris being THE BIGGEST DJ in the city right now..that's a stretch..

:what:

Yea Crobar is good and I would sayone of the biggest venues...but Boris being THE BIGGEST DJ in the city right now..that's a stretch..

:what:

I would say he is the biggest "resident".

DT packs it way more then him when he's around once in a while.

Your and ass, you freakin idiot, I dont even drink. Im sorry if the cover of DJ times, and packed houses dont consider you a Hott DJ in NYC. Im just trying to give people help, with my opinion. Please just keep comments to yoursellf you loser. Go wack off again prob for the 10th time today. Why must people be so mean on these boards, if you disagree with me, just say so, dont be an ass about it.

What's up with you and wacking off? You told me to go wack off in the music forum...

Boris ripps it sikk right?

underrated is [..] jon jon battles, [...]

You really think so? I've heard him couple of times and it's really whatever. Songs are cute, selection's fun. But mixing wise and -more importantly- "set construction"-wise it's nowhere near the standard of a serious NYC dj. I'll give you that he plays a wide variety of sounds, but a jukebox does too.

It's fine for a cute party, but not for a serious night of music-journey a la DT for example.