Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marathon Sets..How Long Is good enough??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours is good; but I like 5am-5pm better than midnight-noon; with a good warm up from 5am - 7am. I always like the early afternoons in clubs (noon to 5pm).

lol...for me if I stay out past say 1.p.m. at a club, i start to feel really guilty thinking about how my family must think i am a complete cracked out loser and have to hear all their b.s lol so i don't like staying out that late...pathetic i know

lol...for me if I stay out past say 1.p.m. at a club, i start to feel really guilty thinking about how my family must think i am a complete cracked out loser and have to hear all their b.s lol so i don't like staying out that late...pathetic i know

you know you're in trouble when the people you call family are the ones in the club with you! ;)

you know you're in trouble when the people you call family are the ones in the club with you! ;)

yeah right...sometimes i feel like that at Asseteria when i see all these cracked out old Asians and then when some of them actually offer me drugs or hit on me i get really freaked out :laugh:

imo seriously?

start at 11: pm and go til 8 am.

thats it.

best example in 2004 was junior starting at discoteque at 11.

most nights it was rammed by 1, 2. 2-6 peak music.

6-8 afterhours. by 8-ish we leave satisfied.

thats my current fave schedule.

also like the crobar/spirit schedule of headliner on at 12-1 and goes til 6 or so. or 7 or 8. same ting.

imo seriously?

start at 11: pm and go til 8 am.

thats it.

best example in 2004 was junior starting at discoteque at 11.

most nights it was rammed by 1, 2. 2-6 peak music.

6-8 afterhours. by 8-ish we leave satisfied.

thats my current fave schedule.

also like the crobar/spirit schedule of headliner on at 12-1 and goes til 6 or so. or 7 or 8. same ting.

I agree...I can't last longer than 8 hours and I don't like to miss anything

8 hours for any one dj for me. any more than that and a dj is just playing a whole lotta filler tracks to make up the extra hours. that is why i was never a big fan of DH's sets at Arc. I would just show up at 3 and stay 6-7 hours, and he still played a lot of tracks that went nowhere.

my record for any one party with multiple dj's was 14 hours for the Balance party and WMC 3 years ago. got there at 10pm left at 12pm the next day.

8 hours for any one dj for me. any more than that and a dj is just playing a whole lotta filler tracks to make up the extra hours. .

what about DT's 24 hour closing party set....

he was everywhere from The rolling stones to Diana Ross, tribal, classics, house, reggae, etc....and it was awesome....