Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Katrina aid from Cuba rejected!

funketeer

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE U.S SITUATION WITH CUBA TO OUR SITUATION WITH ANY OTHER COUNTRY.

FOR REASONS BEYOND OUR COMPREHENSION, THE U.S HAS A REALLY BIZARE WAY OF HANDLING THINGS WITH CUBA AND IT GOES BACK TO THE 1960s.

it's real simple! we have underestimated Fidel for over 20 years now. he is by far one of the most intelligent leaders in the world, and plays the US like a fine tuned fiddle.other then the Cuban exile community in miami, most the country believes our policy towards Cuba is outdated and basically irrelevant. End Of Story!

it's real simple! we have underestimated Fidel for over 20 years now. he is by far one of the most intelligent leaders in the world, and plays the US like a fine tuned fiddle.other then the Cuban exile community in miami, most the country believes our policy towards Cuba is outdated and basically irrelevant. End Of Story!

over 30 years actually!

Tony-

NOT THE END OF THE STORY!

The point that I am making is that you cannot compare the United States relationship with Cuba to our relationship with any other countries. All the rules change when it comes to Cuba. I am sure that a few potential immigrants from Columbia or Haiti will attest to this.

Castro is not smart or clever. The United States could have easily taken him out of power, however, for some unkown secret political reason...not a president will touch him. Many speculate on why and it probably has something to with russian missles many years ago.

And yet, if Fidel was guilty of playing the US like a finely tuned fiddle....wouldnt you say that suddenly offering aid in a time of US crisis is a prime example of that?

now...

THATS THE END OF THE STORY :biggrin:

whay can't I compare our relationship with Cuba to that of China, or a similar type government whom we tolerate??

our Immigration policy is as unbalanced, as our policies in dealing with the Cuban government... clearly two separate issues…

any man able stay in power for well over 30 years, be recognized as the leader of his country by most countries except the US, is pretty damn clever... :idea:

Fidel has enough information on the US, that we would rather not have known. not to mention he probably has enough fire power left over, to put a decent hurting on us. hence, we will never invade Cuba...

naturally offering aid to US is playing the US like fine tuned fiddle... just as I'm sure Vietnam, China, etc offered us aid out the kindness of their hearts..:rolleyes:

Story To Be Continued…………… :D

Tony-

NOT THE END OF THE STORY!

The point that I am making is that you cannot compare the United States relationship with Cuba to our relationship with any other countries. All the rules change when it comes to Cuba. I am sure that a few potential immigrants from Columbia or Haiti will attest to this.

Castro is not smart or clever. The United States could have easily taken him out of power, however, for some unkown secret political reason...not a president will touch him. Many speculate on why and it probably has something to with russian missles many years ago.

And yet, if Fidel was guilty of playing the US like a finely tuned fiddle....wouldnt you say that suddenly offering aid in a time of US crisis is a prime example of that?

now...

THATS THE END OF THE STORY :biggrin:

It’s no secret why America has not invaded Cuba.

It's all public information. A lot of policies were set during the cold war and the United Nations real protects Cuba under many by-laws.

I swear I have a mosquito BUZZING at my EAR, annoying motherfucker!!!!

Honey really stay out of grown up conversations, we are talking about HUMAN LIVES and Animals........not THINGS as you are!!!

So when it comes to that like 9-11 the world needs to set aside their differences and come together, after everything is back to normal then they can continue on their regularly scheduled program. But until then like I said HELP id HELP, in times like these people need to swallow their pride and take it where it comes from, they seem to not have a problem accepting from other countries they dont like(we don't like alot of countries), so what are we proving that we are HYPOCRITES(nothing new actually)!!!

And you making a comparison between BinLaden and Saddam, is just moronic.....but that comes normal to ITALIANS it's their second nature, actually its their first nature, along with obnoxiousness, arrogant, self absorb......help me out did I miss anything!?!

Oh and kissed any guys lately??? I've been told you guys have a streak of HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY in you!!!

Oh and I almost forgot my IQ is 128:)!!!

listen as far as im concerned you arent even an american anymore u dont even live here anymore so u have no right too speak what so ever..

u just cant handle the truth and how i see it you walk around all delusional..

ya know what, shit happens people died animals died oh well fuck it life goes on..

thats why woman will never run a government because ur all completly stupid.

enemies NEVER make peace not even for a second..

if bush accepts $$ from castro next thing ya know casrto will be turning around saying well i gave you money so u have to do this for me or ill do this back to you

thats why you dont get involved

but ofcoarse ur 128 IQ didnt help ya there

Of course we don't cause we still feel bad about BOMBING vietnam and that to this day there are still feeling the effects of that little decision!!!!

bombing vietnam might have been one of the greatest things in war history

we certianly dont feel bad for ending a war like that

i dont know where u get ur info from..

but that is NOT the reason why we accepted $$ from them

COUPLE OF THINGS!

thats why woman will never run a government because ur all completly stupid

I do not agree with this comment, you are generalizing big time.

enemies NEVER make peace not even for a second..

Damm right about that!!!

if bush accepts $$ from castro next thing ya know casrto will be turning around saying well i gave you money so u have to do this for me or ill do this back to you thats why you dont get involved

You have a very good point here...

to all u stupid fuckin cubans and other assholes

cuba cant even afford to help them selves why the fuck do we need or want thier aid??

u stupid dumb ass motha fuckers

its like donald trump getting aid from a homeless man

even if we need the aid u wouldnt take it from someone so fuckin poor

uhhhduhhh

That's gotta be the clearest, most common sense approach to all this hate mongering, pseudo-intellectual psycho-babble I've read yet on this thread. Most of the stuff here is nothing more than Bush haters using this Cuba aid non-sense to vent their frustrations w/ a president they don't like and we're unable to defeat at the ballot box (twice). Genuine "outrage" it is not. This catastrophy in the Gulf states has plenty of blame to go around starting w/ the local/state gov't (feds may indeed have some issues to address but the core of the problem lies w/ the local gov't and the actions they took, or lack there of.). Granted, that doesn't fit the template of what some here are willing to accept, but that's fine. Freedom is a 2 way street. We're free to vent and free to react to those who vent. Free to be wrong too. Time will eventually tell.

IMHO, Anyone who is "outraged" w/ what's gone on in NO and "mysteriously" not that "outraged" at the local/state gov't is simply being dishonest w/ themselves. I know it's more amusing to poke fun @ Bush but let's not get confused and assume the pseudo-outrage is accepted as genuine.

Here's a great read that adds something to this argument which is apparently desperately needed: PERSPECTIVE

September 12, 2005

Our Perfect Storms

by Victor Davis Hanson

Tribune Media Services

"In peace and prosperity states and individuals have better sentiments, because they do not find themselves suddenly confronted with imperious necessities; but war takes away the easy supply of daily wants, and so proves a rough master that brings most men's characters to a level with their fortunes."

So the historian Thucydides explained, some 2,400 years ago, the grotesque rampages during a revolution on the island of Corfu.

Arson, looting, shooting at helicopters, random murder, gang rape and stampede supposedly only occur elsewhere —in Baghdad or Rwanda, as if Americans are exempt from the frailty of culture simply because we live in the United States.

We are not, as we saw in New Orleans. And when the protocols of American civilization vanished through storm and flood, the devolution to our instinctual savagery proved only minutes away.

Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina and the breaching of the Lake Pontchartrain levees above New Orleans ushered in not one, but successive storms of human and natural brutality.

First, we pressed nature one too many times. America forgot that there are very few cities extant on the planet that are below sea level. And to add to that, New Orleans is positioned on a gale-prone coast, aside the delta of one of the largest rivers in the world, and at the mercy of a huge lake damned right above the city.

That New Orleans heretofore had not experienced ruin in the manner of a swampy Venice or Naples beneath Mt. Vesuvius was the real miracle.

But besides topographical peril, New Orleans suffers from an ossified Louisianan political culture that has not evolved all that much from the crass demagoguery of Huey Long of the 1930s. The party machine's reason to be is providing exemptions for the very wealthy and subsidies for the dependent poor. We saw the dividends of this old "every man a king" politics in the scapegoating by paralyzed public officials.

The clueless mayor of New Orleans, who initially hesitated over federal requests to evacuate the entire city, was reduced to expletive-filled rants as hundreds of empty public buses sat idle. The teary governor of Louisiana whined mostly about the federal government. Meanwhile Sen. Mary Landrieu railed at the president: "I might likely have to punch him —literally."

This sad trio proved how fortunate New York was to have a Rudy Giuliani on Sept. 11, or Los Angeles a Richard Riordan in time of earthquake.

Although millions of others in nearby ravaged Mississippi rebounded without much violence, many in a densely populated, unassimilated and poor urban African-American population —one largely ignored by whites and manipulated by racial demagogues — chose to stay or were left behind in a submerged New Orleans.

Yet the stranded somehow assumed that government services could provide instant succor at ground zero of a biblical catastrophe. When such agencies could not, looters stole appliances (despite having no electricity). With little food, some filched liquor. In the midst of water everywhere, arsonists managed to ignite a mall. With roads impassable, others still roamed the city widely to rape women and shoot at police.

In response, Jesse Jackson jetted in not to organize self-help brigades but only to inflame by calling the mayhem "the hull of a slave ship." Civil Rights activist Randall Robinson, without a shred of evidence, immediately alleged — and later retracted — charges of cannibalism: "(B)lack hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive."

We are also in a controversial war. So there were more political storms to come —one of cynically manipulating human misery to tar George Bush.

Assorted experts have assured the public that there were plenty of National Guardsmen available in the area, that hurricanes in recent years in fact have not been as frequent as earlier in the century and that upkeep of recently reinforced dikes was adequately funded.

No matter. Partisans from Robert Kennedy Jr. to Sidney Blumenthal charged that global warming or the Iraq war or inadequate environmental legislation or the president himself was the cause of the thousands of deaths. Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan, of course, screamed as well to reclaim their lost media attention.

It did not end even there. A few abroad could not resist expressing delight at the misery of the world's hyperpower. A Kuwaiti official Muhammad Yousef Al-Mlaifi, director of a state research center, also cited superhuman retribution. Now safe from Saddam and with oil sky high, he assured his former American saviors that Allah was rendering retribution to us infidels.

Jurgen Trittin, Germany's environmental minister —without memory of Americans eliminating German Nazism, saving Berlin from starvation, keeping the Red Army out of Western Europe and lobbying for German unification —preened that the ruination of New Orleans was duly earned for our neglect of the global atmosphere. This was from a government that counts on exporting thousands of its luxury gas-guzzling Mercedes, Audis and BMWs to the United States.

We could have weathered one storm, but four or five natural and human tempests all at once reduced us to abject calamity over New Orleans —bringing "men's characters to a level with their fortunes."

©2005 Victor Davis Hanson

the federal response to Katrina was weak, by the Presidents own admission. all the diversionary rhetoric does not mask that reality.

You've yet to address the local response and their "diversionary rhetoric". Just noting an obvious omission and wondering why? Are the local state/city gov't officials going to step up and admit their mistakes? Or is noting their failures irrelevant (or maybe just an inconvenient reality).

" This sad trio(LA Gov., Sen. Mary Landrieu & Mayor Nagin) proved how fortunate New York was to have a Rudy Giuliani on Sept. 11, or Los Angeles a Richard Riordan in time of earthquake."

You've yet to address the local response and their "diversionary rhetoric". Just noting an obvious omission and wondering why? Are the local state/city gov't officials going to step up and admit their mistakes? Or is noting their failures irrelevant (or maybe just an inconvenient reality).

" This sad trio(LA Gov., Sen. Mary Landrieu & Mayor Nagin) proved how fortunate New York was to have a Rudy Giuliani on Sept. 11, or Los Angeles a Richard Riordan in time of earthquake."

when I refer to "diversionary rhetoric" I’'m referring to the finger pointing, and such from all sides. government whether that branch be federal, state, or local failed to work effectively where this disaster is concerned. As I stated "the federal response to Katrina was weak, by the Presidents own admission", others have not admitted the same.

the only failure from this disaster; will be the lack of ability to learn from it, because we are so engrossed in diversionary rhetoric.

we need to rebuild, gain knowledge from this, and move on. it's really that

simple...

That's gotta be the clearest, most common sense approach to all this hate mongering, pseudo-intellectual psycho-babble I've read yet on this thread. Most of the stuff here is nothing more than Bush haters using this Cuba aid non-sense to vent their frustrations w/ a president they don't like and we're unable to defeat at the ballot box (twice). Genuine "outrage" it is not. This catastrophy in the Gulf states has plenty of blame to go around starting w/ the local/state gov't (feds may indeed have some issues to address but the core of the problem lies w/ the local gov't and the actions they took, or lack there of.). Granted, that doesn't fit the template of what some here are willing to accept, but that's fine. Freedom is a 2 way street. We're free to vent and free to react to those who vent. Free to be wrong too. Time will eventually tell.

IMHO, Anyone who is "outraged" w/ what's gone on in NO and "mysteriously" not that "outraged" at the local/state gov't is simply being dishonest w/ themselves. I know it's more amusing to poke fun @ Bush but let's not get confused and assume the pseudo-outrage is accepted as genuine.

Here's a great read that adds something to this argument which is apparently desperately needed: PERSPECTIVE

September 12, 2005

Our Perfect Storms

by Victor Davis Hanson

Tribune Media Services

"In peace and prosperity states and individuals have better sentiments, because they do not find themselves suddenly confronted with imperious necessities; but war takes away the easy supply of daily wants, and so proves a rough master that brings most men's characters to a level with their fortunes."

So the historian Thucydides explained, some 2,400 years ago, the grotesque rampages during a revolution on the island of Corfu.

Arson, looting, shooting at helicopters, random murder, gang rape and stampede supposedly only occur elsewhere —in Baghdad or Rwanda, as if Americans are exempt from the frailty of culture simply because we live in the United States.

We are not, as we saw in New Orleans. And when the protocols of American civilization vanished through storm and flood, the devolution to our instinctual savagery proved only minutes away.

Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina and the breaching of the Lake Pontchartrain levees above New Orleans ushered in not one, but successive storms of human and natural brutality.

First, we pressed nature one too many times. America forgot that there are very few cities extant on the planet that are below sea level. And to add to that, New Orleans is positioned on a gale-prone coast, aside the delta of one of the largest rivers in the world, and at the mercy of a huge lake damned right above the city.

That New Orleans heretofore had not experienced ruin in the manner of a swampy Venice or Naples beneath Mt. Vesuvius was the real miracle.

But besides topographical peril, New Orleans suffers from an ossified Louisianan political culture that has not evolved all that much from the crass demagoguery of Huey Long of the 1930s. The party machine's reason to be is providing exemptions for the very wealthy and subsidies for the dependent poor. We saw the dividends of this old "every man a king" politics in the scapegoating by paralyzed public officials.

The clueless mayor of New Orleans, who initially hesitated over federal requests to evacuate the entire city, was reduced to expletive-filled rants as hundreds of empty public buses sat idle. The teary governor of Louisiana whined mostly about the federal government. Meanwhile Sen. Mary Landrieu railed at the president: "I might likely have to punch him —literally."

This sad trio proved how fortunate New York was to have a Rudy Giuliani on Sept. 11, or Los Angeles a Richard Riordan in time of earthquake.

Although millions of others in nearby ravaged Mississippi rebounded without much violence, many in a densely populated, unassimilated and poor urban African-American population —one largely ignored by whites and manipulated by racial demagogues — chose to stay or were left behind in a submerged New Orleans.

Yet the stranded somehow assumed that government services could provide instant succor at ground zero of a biblical catastrophe. When such agencies could not, looters stole appliances (despite having no electricity). With little food, some filched liquor. In the midst of water everywhere, arsonists managed to ignite a mall. With roads impassable, others still roamed the city widely to rape women and shoot at police.

In response, Jesse Jackson jetted in not to organize self-help brigades but only to inflame by calling the mayhem "the hull of a slave ship." Civil Rights activist Randall Robinson, without a shred of evidence, immediately alleged — and later retracted — charges of cannibalism: "(B)lack hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive."

We are also in a controversial war. So there were more political storms to come —one of cynically manipulating human misery to tar George Bush.

Assorted experts have assured the public that there were plenty of National Guardsmen available in the area, that hurricanes in recent years in fact have not been as frequent as earlier in the century and that upkeep of recently reinforced dikes was adequately funded.

No matter. Partisans from Robert Kennedy Jr. to Sidney Blumenthal charged that global warming or the Iraq war or inadequate environmental legislation or the president himself was the cause of the thousands of deaths. Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan, of course, screamed as well to reclaim their lost media attention.

It did not end even there. A few abroad could not resist expressing delight at the misery of the world's hyperpower. A Kuwaiti official Muhammad Yousef Al-Mlaifi, director of a state research center, also cited superhuman retribution. Now safe from Saddam and with oil sky high, he assured his former American saviors that Allah was rendering retribution to us infidels.

Jurgen Trittin, Germany's environmental minister —without memory of Americans eliminating German Nazism, saving Berlin from starvation, keeping the Red Army out of Western Europe and lobbying for German unification —preened that the ruination of New Orleans was duly earned for our neglect of the global atmosphere. This was from a government that counts on exporting thousands of its luxury gas-guzzling Mercedes, Audis and BMWs to the United States.

We could have weathered one storm, but four or five natural and human tempests all at once reduced us to abject calamity over New Orleans —bringing "men's characters to a level with their fortunes."

©2005 Victor Davis Hanson

We can all be armchair politicians here and quote segments off MSNBC or CNN..

You seem to do a HELL of alot of that :)