Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit turning hip-hop Every Saturday!!!!

I just recieved This email below!!!! What the fuck!!!! no offense to the hip hop fans!!

The Grand Opening of Saturdays @ Spirit w/Hip-Hop on Main Floor! Saturday Sept. 24th & Every Saturday After

This is the first time hip-hop will be played on the main floor of a major nightclub in NYC (or anywhere in the world for that matter) ever on a Saturday night! Come experience it.

18 to Party, 21 to Drink for everyone

MTV's DJ Clue & DJ Reach from the Carson Daly Show will be spinning hip-hop on the main floor. DJ Sureshot will be spinning rock and classics in the lounge

I guess someone didnt tell these fools that tunnel sundays is what ruined that club [tunnel] altogether. Almost every time tunnel got shut down it was because someone got shot or stabbed inside the club. Also the crime in the surrounding area's were out of control sunday night/ monday morning ...

The only time the friday or saturday parties caused the place to get closed it was always cause of an OD or something stupid like that. That one cunt who was from a group home, snuck in with a fakie ID and then cried rape (when later proven she lied), really fucked things up in a major way. Still there was never any violence .....

like previous posters said, that's what has killed clubs in the past. Having hip-hop and r&b on your main floor can work and does in small clubs and lounges......but in order to pack a big club like Spirit, you need to bring special artists or dj's....and then you have to worry about overcrowding and extra security due to the fights, shootouts, and stabbing that result from it.

Spirit has been struggling to establish an identity ever since it opened. When it first opened, they were bringing in great talent like Satoshi Tomiie, Hector Romero, and DJ Vibe just to name a few. Too bad that didn't last long. Soon afterwards, their Fri. night parties were 18+ cheesefests featuring the likes of Louie DeVito, Johnny Vicious, etc. JP parties were on Saturday, which brought in good numbers even though many don't like his crowd. Then they think that bringing in Avalon's management is gonna be a good idea...which made no sense since those crowds at Avalon were terrible. Just when you think it couldn't get much worse, they decide to have hip-hop on Saturday nights! WTF?!

Whoever manages this place is retarded. Place is going downhill really fast. Hip hop parties are gonna bring in the worst possible crowds. Hope their security is ready for all the fights and other nonsense that will occur in there.

Spirit needs to find one formula and stick with it rather than changing it every few months. If they got back their early promotion team and brought in good talent week in and week out like they used to, it would be great. Otherwise, it looks like it's going the way of Exit.

I can't wait for Spirit to close and someone with a real vision to take over that space and do something meaningful there. As I said before, it's one of the best space in the city, every previous owner was able to create legendary clubs there (Sound Factory and Twilo) ... the current owner has (1) no idea what to do (2) change concepts every 3 months ... WTF is wrong with that guy.

The funniest thing of it all is Crobar accross the street is packed every weekend.

I just recieved This email below!!!! What the fuck!!!! no offense to the hip hop fans!!

The Grand Opening of Saturdays @ Spirit w/Hip-Hop on Main Floor! Saturday Sept. 24th & Every Saturday After

This is the first time hip-hop will be played on the main floor of a major nightclub in NYC (or anywhere in the world for that matter) ever on a Saturday night! Come experience it.

18 to Party, 21 to Drink for everyone

MTV's DJ Clue & DJ Reach from the Carson Daly Show will be spinning hip-hop on the main floor. DJ Sureshot will be spinning rock and classics in the lounge

It won't last long.Lets see when it was SoundFactory back in the day they tried hip hop on Fridays,fights broke out inside and outside the club.

What I don't get is that Junior is now at Roxy,why not have him at Spirit instead.

It won't last long.Lets see when it was SoundFactory back in the day they tried hip hop on Fridays,fights broke out inside and outside the club.

What I don't get is that Junior is now at Roxy,why not have him at Spirit instead.

thats what im saying let the hip hoppers have Roxy and Juniors peeps have Spirit.Roxy holds more anyway i believe.i just don't get it.

thats what im saying let the hip hoppers have Roxy and Juniors peeps have Spirit.Roxy holds more anyway i believe.i just don't get it.

Well hip hop is no longer welcome at Roxy,remember a couple of years ago on fridays they had hip hop,fights broke out,the community board and the NYPD got involved.

As for Spirit,they have some serious competition with Crobar.Spirit needs to have Junior there and let Roxy continue to have there rotating DJ'S.

I don't care for Junior at Roxy.

i know junior and jerome have gone to the roxy the past couple of weekends to see for themslves a few of the issues people were having.Jerome posted a thread on jvm saying they took care of them.ventalation,bathrooms the sound and made sure the staff was cool.sooo guess well just see what happens.i wasn't gonna go but i got comped soo im gonna check it out see if anythings diff.

i know junior and jerome have gone to the roxy the past couple of weekends to see for themslves a few of the issues people were having.Jerome posted a thread on jvm saying they took care of them.ventalation,bathrooms the sound and made sure the staff was cool.sooo guess well just see what happens.i wasn't gonna go but i got comped soo im gonna check it out see if anythings diff.

I had planned on going but this cold I have is getting the best of me,last night had a high fever with the chills,Thats what I get for falling asleep with the A/C on.Have a good time tomorrow night....Love to read your review.