Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Avalon Review

i had a great time last night / this morning at avalon

there was no door drama, the bouncers were cool, the girls were hot and avalon is a MUCH better space than roxy, i think avalon is a good space for him.. i'm not saying he needs a residency there, but i'd rather see him there than at roxy.

the music was your typical JP party.. i gotta admit though

hearing what he did with the new madonna record "hung up" had me dancing,

that's really a great record (IMO) also, hearing him spin Perfect Love (roger sanchez mix) was cool too. i'm not sure how long the party went, i left at 11am

all in all best JP party i've been to in awhile.

Anyone know the name of this kinda new song JP has been playng lately.. Not really a vocal, but has some words and then rips into a sick beat.. He played it last night early in the night prob around 1 or 2. If anyone has a track list of what he played i guess that would help. Thanks.

My detailed review: First off I was completely sober (only redbull) and I was really impressed with JP's performance last night/this morning. After classics I was extremely disappointed but last night JP showed people his still has skills and that he deserves some RESPECT. Musically I would give the night a B+/A-. My only complaint was that he worked a few tracks just a little bit too long and he lost my attention, especially madonna - hung up. And at a few times he worked the sfx machine alittle too much. But for most of the night JP worked all the tracks perfectly, and was on point. Got their at 11:30 and got in by 11:45, there was no door drama like camafuzz said which is a big plus, and the avalon staff actually handled this night very well.

The biggest complaint i have about the venue is the smoking area. Trying to fit all those people trying to go out/in thru that skinny hallway is just crazy. People were pushing and it was really hot, it took 10 minutes just to get outside at some points. However, the crowd was really good, there was a good vibe in there last night, which was good to see.

Musically JP dropped the women beat their men acapella over some nasty beat earlier in the night, he dropped deux - sun rising up and ripped it up, he ripped up dj chus- that feeling,(but im not sure what mix it was), like camafuzz said he dropped perfect love, and he also ripped up the washing machine dub. The new madonna - hung up, he worked the track nice, but in my opinion he started to work it alittle too much after 15 minutes. He played alot of stuff that was unknown to me, if anyone can id a few songs for me I would appreciate it.

Id's I need:

The track he put the women beat their men acapella over.

I think the song is called the day hip hop died but Im not sure the vocal was like: something rappers & emcees, I have control......he played it either before or after hung up.

What remix of dj chus - that feeling was that? didn't sound like d-formation to me.

Also, if any knows the 3 or 4 tracks he played after "that feeling" please let me know, especially that track the had a vocal of a guy with a deep voice and i think it was saying: this is your home, in africa, but im not sure.

All in all Ill give the night 4 solid stars, after hearing lawler last week I cant really give it a 4 1/2, but either way JP held it down last night.

begining of the night sucked , and the madonna track ....ktu played it , thats when i gave up on the song .... and overall way too many crackheads ( i had some kid throw up right in front of me at like 1 am????? aint that kinda early)

and the asian population lil too high (no offense)

def not worth the 60 bucks at door....

i got there around 5am. first 2 hours i was there was pretty good but then like for hour half-2hours was pretty fucking boring. i was so annoyed on how long he played that beat that he was playing GTI over. he did that for mad tracks and i was very bored. finally when he started playing some better stuff and vocals and i started to have fun again. i had to leave at like 11am legs where dying and i was like only one not on some type of drug.

and wat the fuck is deal with all the underage girls...mad 16 and 17 year olds there

kinda wished i went to gypsy tea or wharehouse.

anyone here wearing a costume las night? i was space ghost...

only complaint i have was the line and the fact i paid $60 beans but it was all worth it....Johnathan Killed it....he jus proved that he can still work it better then any1 out...only when he wants to....way to packed but what else were u expecting for a jp halloween party....AVALON as a venue itself BLOWS....to many staircases if ur fucked up it confuses the hell outta u....System and Lighting SUCK BALLS!!!!!Costumes were great for the most part...all and all for an 18+ party it was REALLY GOOD!!.....JPs track selection was awsome I.M.O.... HoLYYY FUCKIN TEkKKkk CraCKman!!! well thats my review enjoy it and if u dont like it suck my cock!!!

tracklisting:

Claude VonStroke - Deep Throat

GTI Keys over Deep throat

8 Letters /Let The music use you Up (Calderone Edit)

Women Beat there men acca over some sick beat

glorious acca

flow acca

Madonna - Hung Up

Duex - Sun is Shining

everytime i loose myself acca

Lustral Acca

excuse me senor

ATT

let the sunshine

alright

O Fortuna

Fast and Loose

i feel loved acca

Time of my Life acca

So get up acca

what do you desire acca

teased break 98

Simply Red - Perfect Love (Sanchez' Dirty Dub & into Orig.)

Simon & Shaker feat Joe Diaz - Into the Room

Kash vs Doktor - Africa (Clamaran re-eit)

Martin H. - Rebels Yell

cave-??

Chus - That Feeling

Sikk - Washing machine dub

Chris Raven- ??

closing was terrible....... closed at 1:15pm with time of my life acca and he jus shut the fucking music off... very dissappointed with that but dont care to much anymore!!!!!

Great time. Musically he was hot and cold until around 4am then was on FIRE!

It was packed but that was expected. Had a GREAT TIME!

People complain about 16-17 year olds at an 18+ or 18+ people at a 21+ (you can never win with that).

Cyph you had a horrible time but stayed for 5 hours and danced the whole time? Doesnt that equal a good time? lol

All in all im satisfied.

Tek

tracklisting:

Claude VonStroke - Deep Throat

GTI Keys over Deep throat

8 Letters /Let The music use you Up (Calderone Edit)

Women Beat there men acca over some sick beat

glorious acca

flow acca

Madonna - Hung Up

Duex - Sun is Shining

everytime i loose myself acca

Lustral Acca

excuse me senor

ATT

let the sunshine

alright

O Fortuna

Fast and Loose

i feel loved acca

Time of my Life acca

So get up acca

what do you desire acca

teased break 98

Simply Red - Perfect Love (Sanchez' Dirty Dub & into Orig.)

Simon & Shaker feat Joe Diaz - Into the Room

Kash vs Doktor - Africa (Clamaran re-eit)

Martin H. - Rebels Yell

cave-??

Chus - That Feeling

Sikk - Washing machine dub

Chris Raven- ??

closing was terrible....... closed at 1:15pm with time of my life acca and he jus shut the fucking music off... very dissappointed with that but dont care to much anymore!!!!!

my fucking legs still hurt from dancing and today is tuesday. great fuckign music, i loved those fucking tracks he was dropping at like 5 am with the saxaphones, like Latin headhunterz - Ochun the whole nite i was like yo thats a phat song what is it lo. then teh light bulb in my head popped lol i played that dam track at flow the same nite lol

def not worth the 60 bucks at door....

i got there around 5am. first 2 hours i was there was pretty good but then like for hour half-2hours was pretty fucking boring. i was so annoyed on how long he played that beat that he was playing GTI over. he did that for mad tracks and i was very bored. finally when he started playing some better stuff and vocals and i started to have fun again. i had to leave at like 11am legs where dying and i was like only one not on some type of drug.

and wat the fuck is deal with all the underage girls...mad 16 and 17 year olds there

kinda wished i went to gypsy tea or wharehouse.

anyone here wearing a costume las night? i was space ghost...

yoooo, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. When I got there, I was like, WTF why does it look mad young..... I thought I was the only one who noticed this...

I went there and all I have to say about JP and the music he spins......ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzz........BORING!!!! COME TO GYPSY TEA AFTERHOURS SICKKKKK!!!

your a fuckin loser. you have no idea whats going on. i feel bad for you.!

Got there real early!! dont like to wait on lines plus im getting to old for the afterhour crowd.. Once in I went upstairs, hungout a bit.. started getting real packed about 12:00 -1:00... went down to the floor with my group of friends. got a spot on the dance floor by the back stage and danced for the next 8 hours... Luckely i was with a great bunch of peeps which made my night great..

The Music.. compared to the last 3 parties i have been to. Classics, S&M, and forth of july.. Halloween the music was far far better than those nights. i felt he really played for this event. by playing the dark dirty tribal tech.. he tore some tracks apart as well..

The crowd.... all i have to say is WOW.. really young and alot of asian crackheads.. sorry but this is what it was.. not just asians but many ppl can not handle there drugs.. nor are resposible with what they do... some real sloppy ppl... but on the other hand it was great to see alot of ppl dressed up...

I would give this night at least from my opinion a 4/5.... just because of the music and the crowd i was with... To all the peeps i met good meeting you!! all..

yoooo, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. When I got there, I was like, WTF why does it look mad young..... I thought I was the only one who noticed this...

Along with the $60 ticket prices, this would be my #1 reason for not going to JP parties recently. I definitely can't blame them b/c I went to clubs when I was in HS, but it's kind of weird when you're older. One my friends went and said it was fun until he G-holed...another reason I don't love JP parties so much anymore.