Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 54 - Expanding its walls

mrvip

Of course Club Rio is "WEAK" at 3:00 a.m. It's probably "WEAK" no matter what time or day of the week you go. I understand your nostalgic reasons for returning to Club Rio, but now, compared to the major players in town, Club Rio is nothing but a relic of the past.

It is true that even the "dead" clubs still make money. The only bad part about a bad club is the bad word of mouth that it will draw. Nobody wants to go to a venue that is empty enough to have a gymnastics competition in the middle of the dancefloor.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things.

First, Bikinis is closing after THIS week and I believe they are converting it to a bowling alley.

Second, Club Rio actually does usually bring a big crowd Thursday and Saturday. Their Latin night on Thursdays has been a success for years and their Saturdays are generally bumping during peak hours - however the crowd isn't exactly a sexy one. But their weekday success is based on doing something different by catering to the Latino crowd.

The key to club success in Vegas is to develop a niche and/or be new. Bikinis never had a niche and now they're gone. Studio 54 does have a niche by associating with a succesful club of the past and including aerial performances and shows, etc. - and if you notice, their crowd is getting quite old (by club standards) and that has kept it alive. I think they still have quite a few years in them and they enjoy a highly trafficked property. I just hope they stop hustling bottle customers.

At least Bikini's will be put to good use.

The key to club success in Vegas is to develop a niche and/or be new. Bikinis never had a niche and now they're gone. Studio 54 does have a niche by associating with a succesful club of the past and including aerial performances and shows, etc. - and if you notice, their crowd is getting quite old (by club standards) and that has kept it alive. I think they still have quite a few years in them and they enjoy a highly trafficked property. I just hope they stop hustling bottle customers.

Before Tao opened and before the construction, we would refer people to Studio 54 on somewhat of a regular basis. One of the facts that we would tell people about the club is that they would keep their patrons involved by dropping confetti and balloons on the crowd, along with having their arial shows periodically throughout the night. Not to mention the food in the VIP section. It is true that the crowd at Studio 54 has gotten a bit older over the years. Since Tao opened, Studio 54 has seen an even larger drop in business. After the renovations are completed, Studio 54 will not necessarily be able to draw the same crowd that they could in the past, but they will definitely reap some rewards for their action.

This has been a great board to read. Some people came pretty close but most of you missed it by a mile.

Many years ago we started working on a remodel for Studio 54. Construction is not cheep in Las Vegas. In a hotel the cost of construction can reach $1000.00 per square foot. We made a choice to invest in a new club and put off the remodel for a few years. It was a wise choice. Because of the success of Studio 54 we were able to create Tabu. For the past three years Tabu has been voted #1 Ultra Lounge in the world, WMC Club Systems International. Because of the success of Tabu we can now focus on Studio's remodel again.

Studio 54 will have a new front entrance, new seating areas downstairs, new DJ area for all the new Superstars, new VIP bar, new VIP room, new bathrooms upstairs for women and men, new sound system, new lighting, new paint, new smell, new people! For the past eight years Studio 54 continues to break records. All of you in clubland know it's not easy to keep a club packed five nights a week. Try doing it for eight years. Credit to the staff and talent and the strongest brand name in nightclub history. Studio 54.

Let me know your thoughts.

Mike Milner

Kudos, Mike. You are so right. Eight years is a really long time and here you are discussing the upcoming continued success. I hope everything works out and please keep us informed of all the new exciting changes as they come to fruition. Clubplanet, Napkinnights, ClubVibes, AE Vegas, LVFBM, The Circuit and other similar online areas are more powerful than most realize. I hope your new involvement here can help leverage your reach. -DJMW

Kudos, Mike. You are so right. Eight years is a really long time and here you are discussing the upcoming continued success. I hope everything works out and please keep us informed of all the new exciting changes as they come to fruition. Clubplanet, Napkinnights, ClubVibes, AE Vegas, LVFBM, The Circuit and other similar online areas are more powerful than most realize. I hope your new involvement here can help leverage your reach. -DJMW
Hay Mike i think you should know what this man sais about studio 54,read his post

About 20 friends and I went to Studio 54 on Tuesday Nov 8 to celebrate a friend's bday. We all work in the industry. We reserved a table area and 3 bottles.

First off I want to give props to DJ P. He is a very awesome DJ and he read the crowd nicely, mixed and timed very well. Ironically, with all the talk on this board about djs using technology, DJ P uses a digital echo/effects machine so I guess he cheats like the rest of us LOL! He also puts "cheat tape" on his vinyl to mark the cue spots (which is fine in my book but some would argue that a "real" vinyl dj doesn't do that either LOL)!

The club was only half full at best and appeared to attract mostly 25 to 45 crowd, who looked like they were tourists.

OK for the hustle part - and this is pretty despicable in my opinion. Our group tipped the waitress 30% of the bill by 2am and someone who claimed he was a manager went up to the birthday girl in our group and complained to her that we didn't tip the waitress enough yet! I don't have names yet, but that is pretty much a guaranteed way to alienate local industry bottle buyers if you ask me. It was probably the most obnoxious hustle I have ever experienced in this town. What's your thoughts on that?

Moron Mr. Freeze:

If you took your head out of your ass you would realize Mike Milner already read that review by DJ Web and that was the reason he is here in the first place to address it. Unlike you, Mike responded like a business person to his honest review and Web replied like a business man and gave Mike the benefit of the doubt and was willing to bring the matter to a positive resolution. DJ Web is a respected member of this community. You are a laughing stock and have single handidly destroyed Tabu's reputation among the people who matter most here, who would normally work with Tabu to send bottle references and other business.

Moron Mr. Freeze:

If you took your head out of your ass you would realize Mike Milner already read that review by DJ Web and that was the reason he is here in the first place to address it. Unlike you, Mike responded like a business person to his honest review and Web replied like a business man and gave Mike the benefit of the doubt and was willing to bring the matter to a positive resolution. DJ Web is a respected member of this community. You are a laughing stock and have single handidly destroyed Tabu's reputation among the people who matter most here, who would normally work with Tabu to send bottle references and other business.

Yap yap Yap.

Mr Freeze

Rock steady Crew

Moron Mr. Freeze:

im going to loose so much sleep tonight,you really got me there.

Mr freeze

Rock steday Crew

Moron Mr. Freeze:

Rah Rah Rah listen to the widdle baby cry.

stop crying like a little girl.

Rah Rah Rah Yap Yap tell the truth you and fat boy friend go out hole sale food shopping.

Dont You?

The word is that guys slice apples and eat them off each others back.

don't you?

You widdle apple eating slut.

Mr freeze

rock steady crew

I cannot believe this guy represents Tabu. Mike, how can your venue allow someone to come onto a message board and talk this way to locals, calling them sluts, etc. I and a bunch of people used to have a lot of respect for Tabu but this guy is single handidly destroying its reputation in every city. Just read the reactions to his posts on all the message boards. People are literally vowing to never set foot in Tabu when they come to Vegas, just because Freeze is attacking everyone and bragging about getting away with it.

I cannot believe this guy represents Tabu. Mike, how can your venue allow someone to come onto a message board and talk this way to locals, calling them sluts, etc. I and a bunch of people used to have a lot of respect for Tabu but this guy is single handidly destroying its reputation in every city. Just read the reactions to his posts on all the message boards. People are literally vowing to never set foot in Tabu when they come to Vegas, just because Freeze is attacking everyone and bragging about getting away with it.
Not everyone just you and your friend.

Blah Blah Blah.

stop crying widdle baby.

remember if you attack people expect to get it back.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

:werd:

I'll never set foot in that place or recommend it to anyone. Not to mention that I'll never be attending a DJ P event either. If I had anything to do with either Tabu or DJ P, I would be making it a major point to distance myself from that guy.

Rah Rah Rah listen to the widdle baby cry.

stop crying like a little girl.

Rah Rah Rah Yap Yap tell the truth you and fat boy friend go out hole sale food shopping.

Dont You?

The word is that guys slice apples and eat them off each others back.

don't you?

You widdle apple eating slut.

Mr freeze

rock steady crew

:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
:werd:

I'll never set foot in that place or recommend it to anyone. Not to mention that I'll never be attending a DJ P event either. If I had anything to do with either Tabu or DJ P, I would be making it a major point to distance myself from that guy.

Oh my god the clubs are going to go bust because your not coming.

shut up you little cry baby Rah Rah rah rah rah.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Come on lets just stop this message board bull shit,ill meet you two anywere any time.

we can do this at one of the no rules fight schools,ill get down with you two one at a time.

and everyone form the massage board can come and watch if you two punks will come out on top,or with a snaped elbow.

ya i sighn my name always.

come on im waitting for you to make me stop doing anything.

Mr big daddy,you put no fear in my heart.NONE

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Come on lets just stop this message board bull shit,ill meet you two anywere any time.

That sounds like a pick-up line. If you want to meet someone, you can just go to Krave or Gypsy. I heard those places are poppin for scenes like that. You can't be fightin anybody. You're so old you might break your hip. You should just calm the fuck down and be nice on the message board, then we can all get along just fine.