Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior's Thanksgiving couldn't stuff the Roxy

Junior Vasquez's Thanksgiving Party at Roxy was another major disaster in the deejay's struggling comeback attempt. This night showed how small his left over fan basis really became. Crobar, Gypsy Tea even Splash Bar was packed to the rafters, Roxy NOT. Approx. 400 people were tortured with KTU fluff and played out classics.What a waste of time and money.

Mr. Vasquez should be only doing major Saturdays like Halloween and NYE where Roxy is automatically filled with a crowd regardless of who's the deejay.

..well I can't wait to get turned inside out by Danny Tenaglia and Behrouz tonight at Crobar. It's gonna be packed, it's gonna be fierce and Danny always knows how to create a REAL New York vibe. Bravo!

Junior Vasquez's Thanksgiving Party at Roxy was another major disaster in the deejay's struggling comeback attempt. This night showed how small his left over fan basis really became. Crobar, Gypsy Tea even Splash Bar was packed to the rafters, Roxy NOT. Approx. 400 people were tortured with KTU fluff and played out classics.What a waste of time and money.

Mr. Vasquez should be only doing major Saturdays like Halloween and NYE where Roxy is automatically filled with a crowd regardless of who's the deejay.

..well I can't wait to get turned inside out by Danny Tenaglia and Behrouz tonight at Crobar. It's gonna be packed, it's gonna be fierce and Danny always knows how to create a REAL New York vibe. Bravo!

Here u go again with your bullshit lies.HATER HATER HATER.400 people?where do u get your facts from u moron.btw alls i heard was some heavy house and gospel ofcourse for thanksgiving Junior style.man u are soo lame..u have what 11 posts on here and 10 of them are hating on Junior Vasquez go figure......get a hobby u freak!!!!!!:gang:

LOL. Kinda defensive aren't we?

Poor thing, gets all hyped up when someone has an own opinion for a change and doesn't feel Junior.

Thank God Danny Tenaglia will safe the rest of the week!

Bye.

u say the same bullshit...damn right skippy im defensive when you don't know what your talking about.u talk all this smack about Junior before this thanksgiving party saying what a rip off it was and how tired Junior is and than you go to the party????please dude i wasnt born yesterday,and u always say its an opinion but theres a diff between an opinion and just spreading hate for whatever reason.if u want to have an opinion maybe next time you should actually go to the party and give a honest review instead of all your bullshit lies.im done.your a joke.

party did over 1200 people...

There was ALSO the spring st loft party, and every gay club in NY had someone There, or something going on..

good turn out, When there 10 other gay clubs all with shit going on..

Next time Actually go to the party moron..

thanx! u tell him hunny!!!!

Here u go again with your bullshit lies.HATER HATER HATER.400 people?where do u get your facts from u moron.btw alls i heard was some heavy house and gospel ofcourse for thanksgiving Junior style.man u are soo lame..u have what 11 posts on here and 10 of them are hating on Junior Vasquez go figure......get a hobby u freak!!!!!!:gang:

Don't even waste your time and energy on that moron.I had a blast Wednesday night,best set I've heard from Junior in a long while,enjoyed talking with Mother Aviance.Can't wait for NYE.

u say the same bullshit...damn right skippy im defensive when you don't know what your talking about.u talk all this smack about Junior before this thanksgiving party saying what a rip off it was and how tired Junior is and than you go to the party????please dude i wasnt born yesterday,and u always say its an opinion but theres a diff between an opinion and just spreading hate for whatever reason.if u want to have an opinion maybe next time you should actually go to the party and give a honest review instead of all your bullshit lies.im done.your a joke.

dont even waste your time on this half a moron!! i got into it with him early this week.... this is a person that has know clue about the scene nor respect for a long time great dj!! maybe Junior is not packing out the clubs today like 3000+ or more.... but 1500 is a good intamite turnout... plus Junior history.... well only the educated know about his memorable sets....

dont even waste your time on this half a moron!! i got into it with him early this week.... this is a person that has know clue about the scene nor respect for a long time great dj!! maybe Junior is not packing out the clubs today like 3000+ or more.... but 1500 is a good intamite turnout... plus Junior history.... well only the educated know about his memorable sets....

:bowdown:

To be honest, I would rather be in a less packed club then a packed one.

How many times have i been to clubs and cant move, or have to wait for my friends for like an hour for the coat check...

what the hell good is it if you cant move?

juniors played some great sets in 2005. certain djs are playing a lot of pots n pans techno & tech-house in 2005, junior knows what melody vocals & songs still sound like. enjoy your pots & pans noise. im psyched to hear junior in 2006.

I hear you. I have taken people who arent to big into dance music to twilo before to hear junior spin and they loved it, and I have taken same people to go here jonathan peters, teneglia, and other DJ's and they hated it because the other DJ's and I quote "dont play songs with words in them"

they call that wordless music, "soul-less music"

yes junior plays music as he always has.

I am of 2 minds about DT these days. 5 years ago he was arguably the best dj alive. 1999-01 at vinyl was some of the best music in nyc club history.

certain moments I heard of his in 2005 like at crobar birthday set & a few songs at arc reunion at spirit were on that tip top level.

other times I think DT has turned into a cold tech house techno non-musical dj & I cant believe how much his music has fallen off, like DT lost all the melody & classic house to his sound?? its depressing to hear 8+ hours of DT playing pots n pans tech house & praying he will play a few hours of the soulful vocal house he used to spin for hours at vinyl & tunnel.

junior still plays the vocals & melodies that he always has & if you go for 6-8 hours of his parties youll hear undeground beats & great vocal melodies.

DT seems to mainly promise 8-12 hours of headbanging techno & tech-house & I think a lot of people are afraid to talk about what DTs doing in 2005 & even his old fans wont tell him how they miss the soulful house he used to play. and yet certain moments of DT at criobar & spirit did impress me this year....

yes junior plays music as he always has.

I am of 2 minds about DT these days. 5 years ago he was arguably the best dj alive. 1999-01 at vinyl was some of the best music in nyc club history.

certain moments I heard of his in 2005 like at crobar birthday set & a few songs at arc reunion at spirit were on that tip top level.

other times I think DT has turned into a cold tech house techno non-musical dj & I cant believe how much his music has fallen off, like DT lost all the melody & classic house to his sound?? its depressing to hear 8+ hours of DT playing pots n pans tech house & praying he will play a few hours of the soulful vocal house he used to spin for hours at vinyl & tunnel.

junior still plays the vocals & melodies that he always has & if you go for 6-8 hours of his parties youll hear undeground beats & great vocal melodies.

DT seems to mainly promise 8-12 hours of headbanging techno & tech-house

I kinda agree with your dt view, eventhough I like the tech house part and don't really mind it. It's sad he's not really playing his house sound much anymore because no one really plays house the way he does.

I think a lot of people are afraid to talk about what DTs doing in 2005 & even his old fans wont tell him how they miss the soulful house he used to play

Isn't it what you just did? If you're refering to dtourism.com, it's a fan site so don't expect to hear anything else but 'fan-talk'.

I do like parts of what DT is doing still.

Ive been to almost every 2005 nyc event he's done. [the halloween party had a great vibe even if dt played too hard all night].

I think a lot of people feel exactly like we just said & are sad that DT has left behind his soulful melodies for big room pots n pans tech house.

we'll see what 2006 holds....

this trolling attempt gets a 3 out of 10

try harder next time