Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why all the hype about Pacha?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NY did originate many clubs, Studio 54, Limelight, Soundfactory, its not that New York has to open a new club. Pacha is an amazing brand and somehow is able to carry over its style and essence from country to country spanning seas and cultures. The hype is there because it deserves to be there. The design and other technical details have some of the most highly revered people behind it. The hype and the wait are well worth the experience.

should be good for NY, as bad as the dance scene is right now, it needs something.

Well when the dance scene here was thriving, the big clubs were more unique and original (e.g. Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, USA, Palladium, etc.). You can't be a leader in the scene by putting chain style clubs all over the place....Crobar, Avalon, Pacha, and Spirit are not original concepts; they all originated elsewhere and exist elsewhere. If NYC wants to be the dance mecca it once was, they need to do something more interesting than using a concept that's already out there. They need to push the envelope a little bit and become more creative.

Well when the dance scene here was thriving, the big clubs were more unique and original (e.g. Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, USA, Palladium, etc.). You can't be a leader in the scene by putting chain style clubs all over the place....Crobar, Avalon, Pacha, and Spirit are not original concepts; they all originated elsewhere and exist elsewhere. If NYC wants to be the dance mecca it once was, they need to do something more interesting than using a concept that's already out there. They need to push the envelope a little bit and become more creative.

the place haven't even opened yet! Can folks at least give an opinion after stepping foot there?

I agree. I dont like these "chain style' clubs either. I also dont like how in the review on here it said they had a merchandise store. I mean, seriously now....

But what can you do? How many original world famous new york bred clubs are still around? Roxy? It cant even stay open past 6....

I dont want no overrated european Dj's coming here. I want my NYC Dj's from america. I know Erick Murrillo is NYC , but , I never listened to him back in the 1990's, and I am not going to listen to him now. His style bores me. I heard his CD's, not my style...

I miss my old NYC, this NYC isnt my NYC, I hear you, we need a REAL NYC club, not some name brand euro shit...

We need Arc back. But given the chain clubs opening up, there really isn't a market for it. I'm not even sure if that club broke even on a nightly basis. How much water and juice could they sell in there to keep it going?

I dont want no overrated european Dj's coming here. I want my NYC Dj's from america. I know Erick Murrillo is NYC , but , I never listened to him back in the 1990's, and I am not going to listen to him now. His style bores me. I heard his CD's, not my style...

his cd's are whack but he's pretty good live... subliminal sessions 9 is horrible..

I agree. I dont like these "chain style' clubs either. I also dont like how in the review on here it said they had a merchandise store. I mean, seriously now....

But what can you do? How many original world famous new york bred clubs are still around? Roxy? It cant even stay open past 6....

I miss my old NYC, this NYC isnt my NYC, I hear you, we need a REAL NYC club, not some name brand euro shit...

i agree with u to a certain extent, i agree that NY needs to make their own club and not follow up on the chain clubs so that at least it would b somethin new and refreshing. I actually love all those European Dj's becuz most of the time the crowd is mixed and it doesnt bring all those guido's or guidettes since they love their god JP, but honestly if it wernt for these dj's most of the scene now would b dead.... unless of course u go to raves, which obviously brings in a hell lot more different talents and genres of EDM and bsides why would u only want dj's from Ny?? that would b boring, u need some diversity in the club scene...

I guess these " Outsiders" Knew they never had a chance before, but now with no true NY Competition they have moved in for a peace

maybe they should just set up a bunch of cardboard boxes and watch u struggle to find ur way out.........who the fuck cares where the club originated from...if its a hot set up and good music then its all up to the crowd whether it'll be fun or not......why dont u open up Lucky13's Homo Lounge...thats sure original

maybe they should just set up a bunch of cardboard boxes and watch u struggle to find ur way out.........who the fuck cares where the club originated from...if its a hot set up and good music then its all up to the crowd whether it'll be fun or not......why dont u open up Lucky13's Homo Lounge...thats sure original

problem is, back in the day, you could go to another state, like cali or florida, and be like, "hell yeah, NYC clubs.... you ever heard of the tunnel???, let me tell you, they stay open til 3 PM the next day...clubs like soundfactory, twilo.... NY STAND UP!"....

now, yeah. I went to crowbar.... oh yeah me to, here in florida... oh pacha. yeah I went to the one in europe.... oh.... so basically ow, its just a space, where a DJ plays other peoples music...

Just to let you know, NYC "was" and "use to be" famous for original clubs, like the fun house, paradise garage, studio 54, twilo.......

its the general principle god damn it.

Is that the best you've got bro? Well I guess I'll give you some credit for attempting to be funny anyways. What's even more pathetic though is that you have like 8 posts, and half of them have negative remarks about gays and Asians. The club scene is about embracing diversity. It's people like yourself that are a disgrace and contribute nothing positive at all to it.

problem is, back in the day, you could go to another state, like cali or florida, and be like, "hell yeah, NYC clubs.... you ever heard of the tunnel???, let me tell you, they stay open til 3 PM the next day...clubs like soundfactory, twilo.... NY STAND UP!"....

now, yeah. I went to crowbar.... oh yeah me to, here in florida... oh pacha. yeah I went to the one in europe.... oh.... so basically ow, its just a space, where a DJ plays other peoples music...

Just to let you know, NYC "was" and "use to be" famous for original clubs, like the fun house, paradise garage, studio 54, twilo.......

its the general principle god damn it.

HellYea!!!!!

Can't NYC come up w/ something fresh for a change, instead of opening clubs that originated in other places?

I think part of it is that real estate in the city is so damn expensive these days that the fresh/innovative guy just doesn't have the capital to start something up. The only ones who can afford the construction / lease costs are these "clubbing corporations".

Pacha isn't owned by a corporation. The operating owners have a long history of running venues in New York City.

Rob Fernandez is the promotional director. Amanda Pearl, who booked Twilo, is the booking agent. Erick Morillo is a co-owner and resident DJ. This is more like New York people importing a brand and making it their own.