Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha shut down

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the sounds of it, im surprised Bloomberg let it stay til 2AM.... wasnt there but all i could say is Pacha deserved this... the lineup isnt to die for either, so the only thing that looks decent is Steve Lawler on the 30th... ill give them a chance then... if its not already shut down for good.

BREAKING NEWS: It was meant to be a huge opening night with Erick Morillo controlling the Pacha dance floor and the club making a statement of intent on the New York scene. On opening night however, Pacha has made the headlines for all the wrong reasons as the boys in blue shut the venue down.

By 2:00am, New York Police were throughout the venue in full force and evacuating the new lavishly refurbished building. Details at this stage are fairly sketchy with either drugs, over crowding or underage patrons probably the cause.

We will update you as more info comes to hand.

yet another loss for NYC....

I wasnt there, but from the reviews I been hearing, I just dont get it...

for one, how are you gonna not check ID's? Or pat people down? I mean, a suicide bomber could walk in there with that kind of shit, or someone with a gun or what ever.

I just dont understand, it makes no sense.

maybe someone can explain the logic behind opening up a club in a former drug spot, with its history and then give every reason for cops to shut the place down....

its not gonna be funny when they start shutting all clubs down at 6 am..

yeah.

Clubbing back in the day was 4am,you learn to deal with it.But the 6am won't last too long.

Back in what day? Wasn't there an afterhours club scene as early as the 70s? Frankly, It would be such a backward move.

I don't care that much about Pacha, but it's really scary to see that the cops are already all over it. Pacha management should have seen this coming (half the folks on this board did), and be 100% clean with ID check, no overcrowding, play-by-the-book (see Crobar). I don't think they can afford treating their customer like shit and ignoring the nypd there days.

Not that I have any intention of going there tonight, but was the club closed down for last night only, or will it be staying closed for a longer period of time?

My thoughts about all of this are the same as what many others have already posted. Pacha totally deserves this for having a mgt. staff that has no f'n clue how to manage a club. The fact that they were so disrespectful of their patrons leaves me w/ no desire to go there at all. Besides Lawler, there's no one on their current lineup that I'd be all that interested in hearing anyways.

You asshole, I wasn't even there. I would NEVER get involved with Friday night, it was pretty obvious this was going to happen. And as for tomorrow fuck that, I've already seen the place and the same thing will happen again. Crobar it is.

Geez, you jumped off the bandwagon quick.