Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who do you think is the most hated or disliked NYC DJ

edubz

Just wonder, who you think is the most hated or disliked NYC DJ? I find it strange that I am mamking this thread, but it seems when someone mentions the name JP, Pasha, or Sound Factory, it seems to me at least, some kind of displeasure comes arcoss their face.

for example, I see alot of "oh no, not another pasha thread"

or, fuck pasha, its just the SF with a face lift....

wonder why or what makes it disliked so much.

There is absolutely no doubt that JP is the most disliked NYC DJ right now. It's kinda hard to figure out exactly why, though. The two most likely reasons are either because he is, allegedly, gay or because he, allegedly, plays too much KTU crap lately. It also seems like a lot of people seem to enjoy bashing JP just for the hell of it - for no particular reason, that is.

I guess we can't do much about JP's sexual preferences, but does anyone have a recent live set of his? I don't want to risk hearing KTU crap, so I don't want to go to his shows, but it would be interesting to hear just how bad his music really is these days.

I dont think this topic should even exist. We should be supporting DJ's in this dance genre as it needs every help it can get at this moment. Support the music and stop hating.

my thoughts exactly, but still wondering why certain DJ's seem "unpopular"

at this moment...

I dont know why so many people hate on JP lately I try to make it out to most of his shows and he usually rips it. I have to admit he did fall off a little after his days at SF but i think he still nice.

He ripps it sickk!!!

I wish I could go back to factory one last time, drink a whole bottle of G, maybe dump some on my head, and just look at all the underage hook bags dancing to the BANGING JP shit!!

if being unpopular means 4000 plus fans at everyone of your gigs.

i am sure jonathan is loving that title ...

the proof is in the numbers, not what a few choice haterz say on message boards,

yes I know Jp caters to 18 and over crowd, but they will be 21 in 3 yrs and the man will have his 21 and over following back,

yes / no ??

not to mention the 21 and over people that still go to his parties..

JP is no doubt the most hated, but I think the reason most people hate him is b/c of the crowd he draws, not b/c of anything he actually does.

This is what I figured. But you know something that gets me pissed?

I still am a JP fan, and I am 26. I haven't heard him DJ in years, but I haven't been in the club circuit in years.

but anyways, for some reason it seems like to me at least the same people always bashing pasha, SF, JP,ect were people who use to listen to him and now maybe grew up or what ever.

I mean, its pretty disturbing to me at least that there is so much BS going on these days in the dance circuit and what not. Club hate, DJ hate, even so far a just plain racism because a group of people are out clubbing.

I mean, I have been in hip hop circuit for a while, and as bad as a rep that hip hop gets in the media and in general, you never see any real racist shit going on, or black people mad that there are white rappers and such on message boards, or what ever, or if white people go to hip hop concerts. Its pretty disturbing that it happens in EDM, which is suppose to be "universal" ....

I am just stating my opinion on what I see today vs when I use more into the dance circuit.

I think it has to be Junior Vasquez... so many people just can't stand to hear his name, for better or worse.

I really find it so hard to believe people would not like JP because he is allegedly gay (i thought it was bi anyhow) whenever the entire fucking GENRE of music you dance too came out of the gay underground. Really, if you'll hate a dj because he's gay what are YOU doing dancing to house???

?

I think it has to be Junior Vasquez... so many people just can't stand to hear his name, for better or worse.

I really find it so hard to believe people would not like JP because he is allegedly gay (i thought it was bi anyhow) whenever the entire fucking GENRE of music you dance too came out of the gay underground. Really, if you'll hate a dj because he's gay what are YOU doing dancing to house???

?

i really cant see many people hating JV... its very hard to believe

A dj being gay has nothing to do with people hating on them or not. Alot of the best and most liked dj's are in fact fags. The reason people hate on JP so much is this: While he has fallen off a little since the SF Days, he still draws BIG numbers. I think clubbers hate him so much because there is so much better talent out there that is not getting the respect it deserves (and not pulling in big numbers) and then they see JP drawing in alot of clueless kids (and making a shit load of money off of it) and in a sense they are jealous. I would be pretty upset too if my favorite dj was being out done by someone i thought had no talent. I think JP has talent so it doesnt bother me. I also feel like alot of people that were JP fans back in they day and moved on are pissed off by the fact all these kids are eating him up. I think they feel like Jp was theres first and it annoys them. JUST MY 2 CENTS.

I don't see JP as being hated per say, I personally don't like him as a DJ but that's me. What I hate about him is the followers he has. They are truely the ones that ruined Factory. I know you will all talk shit about me for saying it, but it's the truth. All the druged out loosers that followed him made it shitty experience for the rest of us. SF was known as being a drug den and that's all it was.

That's just what I think

A dj being gay has nothing to do with people hating on them or not. Alot of the best and most liked dj's are in fact fags. The reason people hate on JP so much is this: While he has fallen off a little since the SF Days, he still draws BIG numbers. I think clubbers hate him so much because there is so much better talent out there that is not getting the respect it deserves (and not pulling in big numbers) and then they see JP drawing in alot of clueless kids (and making a shit load of money off of it) and in a sense they are jealous. I would be pretty upset too if my favorite dj was being out done by someone i thought had no talent. I think JP has talent so it doesnt bother me. I also feel like alot of people that were JP fans back in they day and moved on are pissed off by the fact all these kids are eating him up. I think they feel like Jp was theres first and it annoys them. JUST MY 2 CENTS.

Good points. I agree about the fact that better DJ's aren't getting respect they deserve because they're not JP, and that's a problem. People got stuck in their ruts and they have on JP blinders. They can't see anything else and don't want to. I hate to say it but it's happening again with Boris. I am not fond of his overall style, but I respect him. I notice that when other DJ's come through Crobar for the exception of a few, the crowd is kinda like why are they here and don't even give them a chance. I went to see Junior Jack & Kid Creme last year at Crobar and people just stood around and looked blankly at them like why are you here. I personally had a great night and really enjoyed myself, but it seemed the masses didn't.

Just my acessment

Good points. I agree about the fact that better DJ's aren't getting respect they deserve because they're not JP, and that's a problem. People got stuck in their ruts and they have on JP blinders. They can't see anything else and don't want to. I hate to say it but it's happening again with Boris. I am not fond of his overall style, but I respect him. I notice that when other DJ's come through Crobar for the exception of a few, the crowd is kinda like why are they here and don't even give them a chance. I went to see Junior Jack & Kid Creme last year at Crobar and people just stood around and looked blankly at them like why are you here. I personally had a great night and really enjoyed myself, but it seemed the masses didn't.

Just my acessment

Good points also madness. I mean I like Jp but i def dont think he is "god" or "the best dj ever" like I have heard some newbies tell me at his events. I know that alot of better talent is out there and try to make it out to see them whenever I can. Most people stick to what they know and are used to and for ALOT of new clubbers it is JP and/or Boris' sound. People are too afraid to try new things which is one of the biggest problems with todays scene.