Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Roseland Review...WOW

those kult members of jp clan .....u guys need to discover that they are way better dj's out there that play way better music and bring in more people than he does.........worshiping a guy that doesnt give a shit about u

Well said. I think those retards call themselves "JP's Army" lol

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed in and watched Dick Clark on New Year's Eve, woke up at around 9, had breakfast and went over to Roseland about 11:15 am. Stayed until closing. He dropped ridiculous bomb after bomb for 6 straight hours until it closed. I saw a lot of old SF heads. Somebody said that around 6 or 7 am, the kiddies went home and the grown ups showed up. Plus, there was a ton of great-looking girls. Overall, from the time I was there, I give the crowd a B, the music an A- to a possible A (if you like old Factory anthems).

I stayed in and watched Dick Clark on New Year's Eve, woke up at around 9, had breakfast and went over to Roseland about 11:15 am. Stayed until closing. He dropped ridiculous bomb after bomb for 6 straight hours until it closed. I saw a lot of old SF heads. Somebody said that around 6 or 7 am, the kiddies went home and the grown ups showed up. Plus, there was a ton of great-looking girls. Overall, from the time I was there, I give the crowd a B, the music an A- to a possible A (if you like old Factory anthems).

agreed.

I had the same schedule..

watched some Dick on TV..was asleep by 1, woke up and rolled into Rose at about 10 am.

was a little frightened at first by the young, half nude, spazzed out remainder of the 'earlier' crowd but within an hour or so the second shift of people came in which made it way more enjoyable.

music was SUPERB in my book.

I heard a lot of mixed reviews about Roseland. A lot of people I know are diehard JP fans and they said they had the best time of their lives. Most went from about 8am until closing time.. and many of you said on here that the music got good around 9am so I am guessing thats why they were so happy. JP is one of those DJs where you just love him or hate him.. there is really no in between. I really wish I could have gone just for the experience-- its not every day that a 24 or well in this case 23 hour party comes around. I will though def. be going to Roxy on Feb. 19th especially to celebrate my birthday :) (2/22) and I am sure that JP will do somewhat decent through the night considering its his birthday and I hear he does very well on his bday party nights. I will actually have tickets for this event next week I think.. considering they are going to sell like wild fire and I hope I can finally meet more of you than just the 4 or 5 of you I know on this board and you can celebrate with me. To all of you who went to Roseland and had a good time: Wish I could have been there with you. To everyone otherwise: I hope you had a great New Year. I don't think I will be going out this month for clubbing-- I am not 100% thrilled with Jan.'s line-up.. I would go to Ojeda but I need to relax this weekend, and AVB ehh he's a little too trancy for me. See you all soon hopefully!

-Jen

i hope theres a lot more dance events at roseland in 2006.

used to have all the monkey parties, good times.

okaey played there in 2001 w/max graham

cmj had an event there 1999 or so: aphex twin, daft punk, sneaker pimps, crystal method?

i hope theres a lot more dance events at roseland in 2006.

used to have all the monkey parties, good times.

okaey played there in 2001 w/max graham

cmj had an event there 1999 or so: aphex twin, daft punk, sneaker pimps, crystal method?

I went there in 1998 to see debra cox perform to a laser light show on NYE. I think Razor was playing. I liked it alot.

this was a long time ago, things change.

i was there from 8 am till 6 pm for the first hr the music was ok for me not so much my style but after an hr that dude just started going nutz, most songs he literally tore them apart. As far as u saying he did play some good tracks wtf are u talkin about he played hundreds of great tracks. he had me moving so much i just could not calm down and stop dancing now its monday nite and my legs are so sore. I think that the best music i eva heard.
i totally agree he ripped that placw a new ass as for those who didnt feel it or hear it what fucking party were you at!

He sucks/he is god........doesnt matter cause ppl are talking about him,they allways have and it seems with the new gen comin in they allways will.

Ok so his mixing might be off sometimes/or wutever.12 to 24 hours of spinning,he fuck mixes up for all I care.Thats alot of time to put into a party.I mean when you get an inter DJ comin to NYC,you get 4 hours out of them......4 hours of wuts on there latest cd and a couple of classics.They spin records,get paid way to much and then go home.

Yes I go to hear JP and I go to hear alot of other DJ's that come to NYC.There is def alot of great DJ's out there that come here and spin sick music and mixing is fuckin amazing.Yet when JP spins......he delivers his music like no one else.His mixing might be fuckt up,but when your trying to do as many diffrent things to the music as he is...ur mixing might be off.Too have 2 records going and dropping an acca over it,and werqin the effex box at the same time..........to me he is doing more then spinning records.The man plays songs that,when I get them I think I have the wrong mix......or Ill dget the track that ppl were talking about and be like WTF is everyone talking about,god damn JP heads need to get off his dick,this track sucks.Ill hear that same song when he spins it and holy fuck,thats y ppl r talking this track.

Like I said it sucks that JP's crowd is younger,but it allso sucks Im getting older......but there is allways V.I.P or an area you and your friends can take over(and have a good time).It allso sucks that I go out and dont hear any other DJ werq the tracks like JP.As for the ppl who go an complain that it was wack and it sucks an boo hoo..........go rite ahead and give your opion,cause he played long enough for you to say if he was good or not.Unlike these inter.DJ that play for hours and thats it......you cant tell if someone is good or not that night with a 4 hour set,Im sorry they have ppl open up they comin in at the peak of the set and then someone closes for them....................weak.Open your own set build it,hit the peak,and then close it.

what people dont seem to notice is that jp is producing as he goes along you think he is messing up !truth is hes mixing and producing ass he goes along

He sucks/he is god........doesnt matter cause ppl are talking about him,they allways have and it seems with the new gen comin in they allways will.

Ok so his mixing might be off sometimes/or wutever.12 to 24 hours of spinning,he fuck mixes up for all I care.Thats alot of time to put into a party.I mean when you get an inter DJ comin to NYC,you get 4 hours out of them......4 hours of wuts on there latest cd and a couple of classics.They spin records,get paid way to much and then go home.

Yes I go to hear JP and I go to hear alot of other DJ's that come to NYC.There is def alot of great DJ's out there that come here and spin sick music and mixing is fuckin amazing.Yet when JP spins......he delivers his music like no one else.His mixing might be fuckt up,but when your trying to do as many diffrent things to the music as he is...ur mixing might be off.Too have 2 records going and dropping an acca over it,and werqin the effex box at the same time..........to me he is doing more then spinning records.The man plays songs that,when I get them I think I have the wrong mix......or Ill dget the track that ppl were talking about and be like WTF is everyone talking about,god damn JP heads need to get off his dick,this track sucks.Ill hear that same song when he spins it and holy fuck,thats y ppl r talking this track.

Like I said it sucks that JP's crowd is younger,but it allso sucks Im getting older......but there is allways V.I.P or an area you and your friends can take over(and have a good time).It allso sucks that I go out and dont hear any other DJ werq the tracks like JP.As for the ppl who go an complain that it was wack and it sucks an boo hoo..........go rite ahead and give your opion,cause he played long enough for you to say if he was good or not.Unlike these inter.DJ that play for hours and thats it......you cant tell if someone is good or not that night with a 4 hour set,Im sorry they have ppl open up they comin in at the peak of the set and then someone closes for them....................weak.Open your own set build it,hit the peak,and then close it.

love the speach totally on point

what people dont seem to notice is that jp is producing as he goes along you think he is messing up !truth is hes mixing and producing ass he goes along

yeah he has like 3 macintosh g4's, running all types of software...

yet I like the old JP better, with 3 turn tables and 2 cd players...

sometimes less is more.

yeah he has like 3 macintosh g4's, running all types of software...

yet I like the old JP better, with 3 turn tables and 2 cd players...

sometimes less is more.

i agree

what he is doign now IMO ...is way too much .....some points there was just too much going on and it led to fuck ups and i think that is what feeds to the negativity..

is JP coming to pacha?

i heard him in miami at space in 2001 it was the crappiest commercial cheese ever, but i will give him a shot in nyc if i like the room....

i hope not that staff couldnt handle a bullshit opening murillo night thay definitly cant handle an old school factory night with jonathan you know all the creachers are coming out if he spins in that building they will be shut down by 1 not 2 1