Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Small Changes At Drais

MysticRain

Drais is currently trying to repair the reputation damage that was done when Jesse left the club. Although it may never be where it once was, it is still a great place to party and the club is making small changes to give our customers the greatest service possible and to keep them coming back for more.

New lounge hours: 11pm-2am Cover: $10

Any parties requesting bottle service will not pay cover.

All customers are welcome to sit at any table until it is sold to a party requesting bottle service.

Drais is currently trying to repair the reputation damage that was done when Jesse left the club. Although it may never be where it once was, it is still a great place to party and the club is making small changes to give our customers the greatest service possible and to keep them coming back for more.

New lounge hours: 11pm-2am Cover: $10

Any parties requesting bottle service will not pay cover.

All customers are welcome to sit at any table until it is sold to a party requesting bottle service.

How about if youre coming to eat and drink (no bottles)?

Every time I've done bottles at Drai's I've been part of someone else's party, so I wasn't aware people were paying cover on top of bottles... I've always just tossed in my share to whomever in my group is takng care of things and we've gone in as a group.

Seriously though, that's crazy. Just as good that I didn't know about it, I'd probably have raised a stink if I knew... still shaking my head over that notion...

Some of the clubs in this town have developed a real bad habit of gouging. Charging cover to someone who is already paying a 1000% markup on a bottle of alcohol is gouging. So is charging someone who has bottles for a Red Bull. That Red Bull probably cost you $1 wholesale, and you can't just give it to someone who has purchased $800 in bottles? Absurd. When I was at Pure a few weeks ago, the woman who was serving us had the nerve to try to charge my friend $9 for a Red Bull. I was sitting right next to him, and I just went off on the girl. That is just unacceptable, and very unprofessional to try to take advantage of your customers like that especially when, with tip, their bill is going to come to about $1,000 or more.

The worst is charging bottle patrons for bottles of water, especially when those little plastic fuckers are going for $7-8.

I can understand needing to charge that much for bottled water for the average bar patrons, given the notion that clubs rely on bar profits to keep afloat it's understandable that they don't want a hundred people drinking $3 bottles in lieu of $9 cocktails.

But that approach makes no sense whatsoever when a group of 6 drops $800 on two bottles. Not to mention it's downright irresponsible, arguably encouraging dangerous drinking -- 3 people splitting a bottle of vodka but not drinking any water, it's a miracle there aren't more problems with vomit in some of these clubs.

I will tell you ... (im not gonna tell you what venue it was) but I got a WELL vodka and redbull once and was charged I think $16 for it. The bartender said "oh, thats a premium drink". I said, "no, its not. Charge me $8 to $10 for it. But not $16."

They charged me $16.

I called up the credit card company and had $6 taken off.

As a consumer, you have the right to dispute any charge, even beverage charges.